• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ROS Waiver Wire Thread...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys like for the ROS?

Tajae Spears
Miles Sanders
Jaleel McLaughlin
Tyler Allgeier
Keaton Mitchell

I'm not sure I buy into Mitchell after one week with Gus doing well. The other guys need an injury to have real value, or can Miles Sanders play his way into a usable role?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tajae Spears
Miles Sanders
Jaleel McLaughlin
Tyler Allgeier
Keaton Mitchell

I'm not sure I buy into Mitchell after one week with Gus doing well. The other guys need an injury to have real value, or can Miles Sanders play his way into a usable role?
Allgeier has the highest upside if he can get into the starting role.

Then Spears.

The others look like short term plays.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allgeier has the highest upside if he can get into the starting role.

Then Spears.

The others look like short term plays.
Full disclosure... I'm in last in my 10-man and second to last in my 14-man

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tajae Spears
Miles Sanders
Jaleel McLaughlin
Tyler Allgeier
Keaton Mitchell

Minus Sanders, I like all of their ceilings should an injury happen that pushes these guys into lead roles for their team, but outside of Allgeier or maybe Mitchell, not sure I'd plan on any of them being more than a bench stash. My thoughts on all:

Spears - TEN looks to have switched back to a heavy-Henry workload since Levis took over at QB, and he was named the starter over Tannehill today, so not sure I'd expect that to change a whole lot unless Henry gets hurt, Titans don't really see tough run D ROS (full PPR RB1 finishes: 1 / RB2 finishes: 0)

Sanders - Not sure I'd even consider Sanders, even tho he prob has the best chance out of the group to outright "win" the lead role on his team, but not sure having the Panther RB1 will be a difference maker for fantasy, tough running schedule ROS. The other options I could see giving you consistent top 15 production if someone was injured ahead of them, not sure that's in the mix for Sanders with the way the Panthers/Young are playing right now (RB1 finishes: 1 / RB2 finishes: 1)

McLaughlin - we saw him pop already a couple weeks while Javonte was getting right but he pretty much disappeared heading into their bye week and DEN has a run-friendly schedule for most of the ROS (RB1 finishes: 2 / RB2 finishes: 0)

Allgeier - thorn in the side to every Bijan owner, we'll see if changes are made after the bye now that ATL isn't winning many real football games. I guess maybe their HC should look into the strategy and mechanics of fantasy football to help him at his job, falcons also have run-friendly ROS schedule (RB1 finishes: 1 / RB2 finishes: 2)

Mitchell - hell of a opening act, GusBus and Hill don't bring much excitement so anyone with eyes would assume that the rook will have some kind of role moving forward but I could really see BAL using all three backs, so like the others on the list, needs an injury ahead of him before we'll see a large snap share or workload, Ravens have a tough run schedule ROS (RB1 finishes: 1 / RB2 finishes: 0)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allgeier is the safest bet who doesn't need an injury to have a usable floor.

beyond that, I'd go in order of preference -
Spears
McLaughlin
Mitchell - would be higher, but tough to bank on a 1 game performance in a blowout, on a team where the TD's are generally %99 QB, TE, and a plodder RB
Sanders - dude is hopeless on that team

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tajae Spears
Miles Sanders
Jaleel McLaughlin
Tyler Allgeier
Keaton Mitchell

im gonna go different... at this point we are getting to know which teams are making the playoffs... and which teams are going to not be AS active on the waivers(not saying teams should ever give up, but we all know potential playoff run teams play waivers harder than other teams)...

Point is, i dont want players who are only going to be bye week replacements... i would rather take the chance on future starters...

so my order would be

1. Spears- run first offense, with suspect QB, and has shown some flash already...

2. Keaton Mitchell- this one is tough, because its not just one injury away it is that Edwards and Lamar are going to vulture all the TDs... so Mitchell will need big plays to get his TD.... BUT, he has already shown(sure in one game) that he is the most electric player this team has... with Zay flowers, Odell, and bateman all showing that they are just JAGS... i can see Mitchell easily usurping Justice Hill and becoming the receiving back, and he will take plays away from the rest of the receiving corp... Mitchell has the highest upside of all 5... but most complicated role...

3. Algieier- hello my friend, i was taking the loss on you after week one... and then you have done basically nothing all season... with some flashes here and there... i just dont see the upside play with him anymore... he is at best a flex, even when Bijon doesnt play...

4. Mclaughlin- high end play, similar to mitchell and spears where he is electric, and undersized... problem with him is that the broncos are just not as good as titans or ravens... just like spears, he needs an injury to get the #1 spot... but im not as convinced with the dedication to run... especially with Russel wilson at QB...

5. Sanders- distant last place.... bad team, banged up and basically lost his job already... i just dont see ever starting him...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a little limb here and say Mitchell. Most of his yards came on one big play last game but he showed a lot of burst. He was looking like how the Ravens hoped Dobbins would be. He's still gonna be in a timeshare with Gus, but I can see him taking Hill's carries away. Mitchell could end up being the yardage back with Gus being the goalline back. A lot of the others on that list are handcuffs aren't really gonna play much unless the primary back gets hurt. They might have value in a deep league, but that's about it. Sanders sucks though. I'd have him dead last. He's losing his role to Hubbard and its a BAD Carolina team. There's basically no value to him

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a little limb here and say Mitchell. Most of his yards came on one big play last game but he showed a lot of burst. He was looking like how the Ravens hoped Dobbins would be. He's still gonna be in a timeshare with Gus, but I can see him taking Hill's carries away. Mitchell could end up being the yardage back with Gus being the goalline back. A lot of the others on that list are handcuffs aren't really gonna play much unless the primary back gets hurt. They might have value in a deep league, but that's about it. Sanders sucks though. I'd have him dead last. He's losing his role to Hubbard and its a BAD Carolina team. There's basically no value to him
Yeah... Sanders has been a major bust.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which 2 of these 3 would you want on your roster ROS? It's a 10 team PPR league where I'm in 1st place at 9-2, 3 games up on the 6 teams tied for 2nd place behind me at 6-5. I have Miles Sanders and Roschon Johnson riding my bench with D'Onta Foreman on our WW.
As far as SOS for RBs the rest of the way, the Panthers have the 7th easiest schedule with most of their opponents being in the bottom half of the points allowed to RBs with the exception of GB but they play them in week 15 when I'm highly likely to have a bye in the first round of our playoffs. The Bears are middle of the pack SOS wise with the 16th easiest schedule but for weeks 16 & 17 they go against the Cardinals & Falcons who are both bottom feeders in terms of points given up to RB's. Bottom line, I suppose, is who will be getting more work in the Bears backfield, Foreman or Johnson come the FFB playoffs. I can't decide if I like Johnson's potential to win out over Foreman's production up to this point in the season. I also have not heard anything about Foremans ankle injury yet.

Zep

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which 2 of these 3 would you want on your roster ROS? It's a 10 team PPR league where I'm in 1st place at 9-2, 3 games up on the 6 teams tied for 2nd place behind me at 6-5. I have Miles Sanders and Roschon Johnson riding my bench with D'Onta Foreman on our WW.
As far as SOS for RBs the rest of the way, the Panthers have the 7th easiest schedule with most of their opponents being in the bottom half of the points allowed to RBs with the exception of GB but they play them in week 15 when I'm highly likely to have a bye in the first round of our playoffs. The Bears are middle of the pack SOS wise with the 16th easiest schedule but for weeks 16 & 17 they go against the Cardinals & Falcons who are both bottom feeders in terms of points given up to RB's. Bottom line, I suppose, is who will be getting more work in the Bears backfield, Foreman or Johnson come the FFB playoffs. I can't decide if I like Johnson's potential to win out over Foreman's production up to this point in the season. I also have not heard anything about Foremans ankle injury yet.

Zep

With Herbert back in the fold, that muddies the Bears backfield to more a committee where you aren't sure who is gonna get most of the work each week. Sanders has sucked straight ass but he might be your better option because I'm not sure there's enough workload for Foreman with all 3 Bears RBs playing

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Herbert back in the fold, that muddies the Bears backfield to more a committee where you aren't sure who is gonna get most of the work each week. Sanders has sucked straight ass but he might be your better option because I'm not sure there's enough workload for Foreman with all 3 Bears RBs playing
Fields being back might be just as bad as Herbert being back, for Foreman.

I’m sitting Foreman for the foreseeable future in the one league I have him.