• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wire

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertainment weekly said it was the best TV show ever so my wife and I binged on it 2 summers ago. The first season will get you absolutely hooked and the other 4 seasons aren't quite as good but still fantastic. Must see TV for sure, I can't call it the best show ever though. We binged on Dexter that summer and I like Dexter more. McNulty is in a new show called The Affair that everyone has been saying is so good. Watched the 1st episode and it was REALLY boring.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats on the ipad tho right? For some reason ive never really used my direct tv online stuff either. We have netflix and we have over 2000 dvds. I just dont enjoy watching on an ipad. Like to lay back and watch on the big screen.

Oh, if you have DirecTv, the entire series along with every other series in HBO history (except 1st and Ten for some reason) is there to be watched.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks netflix doesnt play hbo shows. Thats why ive never watched game of thrones. But just seen the first 3 seasons in the new section at video store. So i think imma rent em and record em.

Game of thrones
The shield
Justified
Deadwood

Those shows ive never seen but i want too

I'd have to go with Game of Thrones as my favorite TV show of all time. There's never been a show that I anticipated the next episode more.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with Game of Thrones as my favorite TV show of all time. There's never been a show that I anticipated the next episode more.

Watched the first 8 episodes over the last 2 days. Our HBO Canada is doing a complete re-run of them right now.

I've seen them before but I think I like them more 2nd time around.

I've read all the books so I'm slightly disappointed with the flow and missing bits but it's high quality stuff for sure.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first 8 episodes over the last 2 days. Our HBO Canada is doing a complete re-run of them right now.

I've seen them before but I think I like them more 2nd time around.

I've read all the books so I'm slightly disappointed with the flow and missing bits but it's high quality stuff for sure.

I can't sit and read novels so it's all new to me. I rewatched them all last year before the season started and I watched every episode at least twice last season. Watched the Mountain and the Viper episode probably 6 or 7 times and the last 2 eps probably 4 times each.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks netflix doesnt play hbo shows. Thats why ive never watched game of thrones. But just seen the first 3 seasons in the new section at video store. So i think imma rent em and record em.

Game of thrones
The shield
Justified
Deadwood

Those shows ive never seen but i want too

LOL well you got HBO go so you can watch Game of thrones/Deadwood anytime. Just have to stream it from IPad/Lap top and connect it to TV if you want to watch on big screen.

Amazon Prime is clutch though. That's how I recently watched both the Shield and Justified(so good both of them). Many shows on AP.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on Amazon Prime and after your reviews I'll give it a shot but I'm highly weary of cop shows.

Not your typical cop show so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

If you have patience and can sit through a "slow burn" type of developing show you will love this. Takes a few eps to get hooked but once you know the characters is awesome. S2 is tough to begin with because it is so drastically different, but great when you get into it. S3 and S4 really ramp up. S4 is one of TV's best seasons, just awesome.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, if you have DirecTv, the entire series along with every other series in HBO history (except 1st and Ten for some reason) is there to be watched.

Wow first and 10. Used to love that. Gave up trying to find it on frostwire and other sites. Yeah ive never used the internet on my direct tv. At first it worked. Then i moved so much around i dont think sumthin is hooked up right. I didnt like the direct tv set up of watching shows. Truthfully i always forget about it. In fact thats my new yrs thing. To Get my direct tv watch now up and running.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not your typical cop show so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

If you have patience and can sit through a "slow burn" type of developing show you will love this. Takes a few eps to get hooked but once you know the characters is awesome. S2 is tough to begin with because it is so drastically different, but great when you get into it. S3 and S4 really ramp up. S4 is one of TV's best seasons, just awesome.

Yeah i know alot of people who lost interest in season 2. On the docks. Me myself, i loved when they went into the schools.

I gotta learn how to do all this cpu tech. I used to be good at it. Now i just use the ipad. Dont know how to connect lol. Im lazy i guess. I watch netflix thru my ps3. Watch all movies on dvd. Used to like comcasts set up for watching shows. Just never used it on direct tv and weve had it for 3-4 yrs now.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow first and 10. Used to love that. Gave up trying to find it on frostwire and other sites. Yeah ive never used the internet on my direct tv. At first it worked. Then i moved so much around i dont think sumthin is hooked up right. I didnt like the direct tv set up of watching shows. Truthfully i always forget about it. In fact thats my new yrs thing. To Get my direct tv watch now up and running.

Not sure how long you've had DTV but the On Demand has improved greatly just in the 3 years that I've had it. Found 1st and Ten in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Yenessa, Mad Dog, Dr. Death, gotta love it!! I think that was actually HBO's first original series. Certainly the first one I watched.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't sit and read novels so it's all new to me.

That's a shame.

Reading a great book is one of the best things in life.

I prefer it to watching the movie or TV show.

I read every night before bed. And almost every day off morning.

And the best thing is, there are so many more great books than movies or TV shows (Or fucking video games) that if you don't do read, you are missing out on a lot.

And don't get me wrong, I watch a lot of TV and a lot of movies. And I mean a lot.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a shame.

Reading a great book is one of the best things in life.

I prefer it to watching the movie or TV show.

I read every night before bed. And almost every day off morning.

And the best thing is, there are so many more great books than movies or TV shows (Or fucking video games) that if you don't do read, you are missing out on a lot.

And don't get me wrong, I watch a lot of TV and a lot of movies. And I mean a lot.

I just can't do it. No matter how interesting a book is, I'll never finish it. I know that I miss out but at the end of the day most great books are made into movies and even though it gets chopped and screwed most of the time, I get the gist of the book.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how long you've had DTV but the On Demand has improved greatly just in the 3 years that I've had it. Found 1st and Ten in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Yenessa, Mad Dog, Dr. Death, gotta love it!! I think that was actually HBO's first original series. Certainly the first one I watched.

I think "The Hitcher" was before "1st and 10", but they were both EARLY HBO, either way.

Every time I see a commercial for Chicago PD, I giggle to myself and say "Yinessa"!! I thought I was only person who remembered that show.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah imma have to figure my dtv out.

Man 5 bucks? Now u gonna have me looking thru all our walmarts dvds over here. Was the first hbo series i can remember. I remember watching it late at night when i was in high school. All i remember is the kicker was the crypt keeper and the 2 big black o-lineman

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was yinessa the QB? Wasnt he in a movie called monkey shines? I remember him too

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on Amazon Prime and after your reviews I'll give it a shot but I'm highly weary of cop shows.

While I personally believe it is over-rated, it is a very good show. You should enjoy it.

Season 2 had a completely different feel, though. While it was a good season, it was SOOOO different from all other seasons.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few stephen king books over the years. Maybe 10 of em. Started reading the expanded universe of star wars and got hooked. Books were way more dark and for adults. But now with the new star wars movies and now saying none of the books are cannon i feel like i wasted hundreds of hours for nothing. So everything i read never happened because the new star wars big wigs said so.

I did most of my reading on the toilet. Best spot. Can concentrate. :pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was yinessa the QB? Wasnt he in a movie called monkey shines? I remember him too

He has been a character actor for quite a while. He recently had a run on Californication that was pretty awesome.

IRL, he pretty much killed his career by doing 2 things...

1) He "came out" as politically conservative

2) He left Scientology and became an outspoken critic of it. Too many heavyweights in Hollywood drink that kool aide and he was practically black-balled.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few stephen king books over the years. Maybe 10 of em. Started reading the expanded universe of star wars and got hooked. Books were way more dark and for adults. But now with the new star wars movies and now saying none of the books are cannon i feel like i wasted hundreds of hours for nothing. So everything i read never happened because the new star wars big wigs said so.

I did most of my reading on the toilet. Best spot. Can concentrate. :pound:

:omg: