• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 'Where the Bears will end up drafting' thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much else in general to talk about being our season is shot and the team is presently decimated with injuries to key players, not to mention a lack of talent/depth. So where do we currently stand in relation to the draft? If the season ended today, we'd be picking 2nd. Of course it's rather silly to be stating this being we've played one more game than a number of other teams whose records are close to ours. So we'll have a better picture once all teams have played the same number of games, to be completed in Week 14.

However, if we were to lose our remaining 5 games, which looks increasingly likely by the day, we'll be guaranteed no worse than the #2 pick, with only Houston at this point holding the top spot. And that's regardless of any other team's final standing, even any team that tied us at 3-14, such as the Rams and the Broncos.

So as we head into Week 13, our beloved Bears presently hold the #2 pick. Let's see how this plays out each week.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers got a win last night,so thats one less team now that has 3 wins ......Im prettty sure the 2nd or 3rd pick is in order........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere grey pubes is saying who cares where we draft since it doesn’t guarantee us a SB anyway.

—Good grief. We definitely have the dumbest fans. Thank goodness I’m here.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And grey pubes still thinks trading our 2nd for Claypool was a good move. Holy hell. I should be paid to stay here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers got a win last night,so thats one less team now that has 3 wins ......Im prettty sure the 2nd or 3rd pick is in order........
Again, if we lose out, we'll finish no lower than the #2 pick regardless of how other teams near our record fare. And we really can't rule out the possibility of grabbing the #1 either. If you check out Houston's remaining schedule, they actually have a couple of potential winnable games on it. Not likely, but you never know.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are going to win at least one more game. I'm not getting attached to any draft spot until the seasons over.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are going to win at least one more game. I'm not getting attached to any draft spot until the seasons over.
I'm not either, which is why this thread was created to be updated weekly. Then again on the flip side I'm not sure where that W will come from. Early in the season I predicted the Bears would whup the Vikings at home due to it being 'Bear weather', but now with our team decimated by injuries and beset by a general lack of talent, I'm not sure we can snag one from the remaining schedule.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty decent read on what's bound to be a post-season long debate as to whether or not the Bears should hold onto their spot in the draft or trade back for additional picks.

This is based on the Bears ending the season with the #2 pick. But even if they end up say 4th or 5th, they'd still be in a good position to either trade back or take a marquee player.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere grey pubes is saying who cares where we draft since it doesn’t guarantee us a SB anyway.

—Good grief. We definitely have the dumbest fans. Thank goodness I’m here.

Rent free.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty decent read on what's bound to be a post-season long debate as to whether or not the Bears should hold onto their spot in the draft or trade back for additional picks.

This is based on the Bears ending the season with the #2 pick. But even if they end up say 4th or 5th, they'd still be in a good position to either trade back or take a marquee player.

another guy who thinks a 4th or a 5th is just as good as a 2nd. Holy moly the idiots are in full force today.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's an article with the approach that the Bears leverage their pick for a trade down. I imagine we'll be seeing a shitload of these once the season wraps, but what the hell, might as well read some early speculation now.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of outlier scenarios I hope we don’t trade down and take the best line stud available. What a shame we don’t have our 2nd round pick. Complete and utter failure by Poles.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've previously mentioned that I have three players on my early radar when it comes to our #1 pick:

Will Anderson, Edge, Alabama
Jaylen Carter, DT, Georgia
Miles Murphy, DE, Clemson

I was fortunate enough to catch two of these guys yesterday in conference championship games, Georgia vs LSU and Clemson vs North Carolina. I figured, while one game should not make a total profile, when two topnotch teams are facing one another, it gives an indication how the player might fare when moving up to the NFL. And I gotta say, based on this one respective game, if I had a choice between Carter and Murphy, it would be Carter, hands down. He was a force against LSU thruout much of the game. Dude's a beast. Wish I could say the same thing about Murphy's play, but unfortunately he looked quite average, certainly not someone who would demand a top 5 draft selection. To be fair, again it's only one game and he did appear to have been double teamed on a number of plays. We'll obviously have another bowl game to see how he does, plus there's always game film highlights to see him at his best. But for the moment between these two, it's Carter.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always for big uglies, on either side, but at this point I feel like it HAS to be the d-line. They are BY FAR the worst unit on this team.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah

Rodgers could have read a book before throwing the ball with the time he had today

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah

Rodgers could have read a book before throwing the ball with the time he had today
They have been that way week in and week out. Can't stop the run, can't pressure the QB...like at ALL.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side. We have Claypool!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always for big uglies, on either side, but at this point I feel like it HAS to be the d-line. They are BY FAR the worst unit on this team.
It's why I've been focusing on this very unit with respect to the offseason and the '23 draft. In all honesty BD, we could realistically replace the entire line - it's THAT bad. We need help with other units to be sure, the OL and LB units immediately come to mind. But job one should be addressing the DL.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if we lose out, we'll finish no lower than the #2 pick regardless of how other teams near our record fare. And we really can't rule out the possibility of grabbing the #1 either. If you check out Houston's remaining schedule, they actually have a couple of potential winnable games on it. Not likely, but you never know.
Ok I'll confess, I'm confused (cue the smart aleck responses). This article I'm linking here claims in a tiebreaker, the Broncos would edge the Bears in draft position due to a weaker strength of schedule.

Yet everywhere I check, I see the Bears with a weaker schedule, which should give them the tiebreaker, unless I'm missing the obvious. Here's an example from CBS.com:

So which is it? If anyone knows the SOS and it's draft implications better, I'm all eyes.