• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Long League Cheater Edition Part Dos

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy
If I can be serious for a minute...
Sam, Ana, Private Idaho Spud... you are one of my oldest and dearest fantasy cyber buddies.... it pains me to see you go through the nonsense that this bogus league puts you through. Money changes people. And if these cheaters already have questionable ethics, a money league isn't gonna make them better.
Get out.
Quit.
End your tour.
Don't look back.
You deserve better.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't tell him I would participate in the league I told him I would help him fix it.................that league will never be right if they all don't sit down and have an actual rules meeting and vote on the issues. You would think peeps would care enough about a league that has been around this long to actually do that.

upload_2019-12-30_12-41-55.png

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

If you really are stepping down from the MBBRL (which I really hope you don't: somebody here has to at least limit my F-Words.........and S-words...........and, well, most of my words)...............but if you do and have $150 laying around, I know of a pretty cool league fer ya...............lol.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

If you really are stepping down from the MBBRL (which I really hope you don't: somebody here has to at least limit my F-Words.........and S-words...........and, well, most of my words)...............but if you do and have $150 laying around, I know of a pretty cool league fer ya...............lol.
I appreciate that you tone down your language for me, the board's prude.
Sorry, but I don't do money leagues.
If you pay for me, maybe we can collude on a few trades?
We'll show those white punks on dope.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't tell him I would participate in the league I told him I would help him fix it.................that league will never be right if they all don't sit down and have an actual rules meeting and vote on the issues. You would think peeps would care enough about a league that has been around this long to actually do that.
Well, you have to let your conscience be your guide, my man, it's tough (I know) but do what you feel you gotta do. ... stay, leave, advise, whatever. ..... none of us will feel any differently about ya man. ... :suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have to let your conscience be your guide, my man, it's tough (I know) but do what you feel you gotta do. ... stay, leave, advise, whatever. ..... none of us will feel any differently about ya man. ... :suds:

except me of course...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except me of course...
Yer just mad at me cuz I told you to play all the wrong players this year. Good thing nobody ever listens to me though! Did you end up with the points record in that one league? I ended up with it. 1245-Non PPR BUT we start 2 FLEX.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this league has been in existence for well over 30 years.............and no shit, has 13 rules (not counting scoring or settings). My other league has 3-4 PAGES of rules.............not counting scoring or settings.
3-4 pages , jesus about what

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the ruling on the field has been reversed. Gurley and Mixon are eligible to be kept fer a 19th round draft pick. Just texted my buddy and told him I will not be part of this league next year. Made a few suggestions too.................I wasn't very nice.

That is pretty clearly against the rules.

This league is not worth playing in if they are going to change rules on the fly. That is awful.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-4 pages , jesus about what
A lot of things come up over 35 years ..............lol. If somebody calls me and asks if something is legal, I tell them to read the damn rules. Maybe not that many pages without all of the spacing and trust me, we have had guise try to pull shit in this league too, we just have a rule fer all the shit they tried to pull.

LEAGUE RULES

A. LEAGUE ORGANIZATION

1. The league will consist of three divisions, each with four teams. The three divisions will be as follows GOOD 1,2,3,4, BAD 1,2,3,4, and UGLY 1,2,3,4.

2. Your team’s location will be determined by order of finish from the previous year. Each year the two highest finishing teams in the ugly will move up to the bad, while the two lowest finishing teams in the bad will move down to the ugly. Also the two highest finishing teams in the bad will move up to the good, with the two lowest finishing teams in the good moving down to the bad division.

3. More than one owner may own a franchise at a time.

4. Owners at the end of a season shall have the first option to retain their franchise for any consecutive year. It is assumed you are coming back, unless we hear otherwise.

5. A franchise owner may not own, or have financial interest in more than one franchise.

6. The league shall elect the following officers to serve for life or until voted off the league members.

a. LEAGUE COMMISIONER John/Express

b. ASSISTANT LEAGUE COMMISSIONER Sam/RRC

c. STATISTICAN/TREASURER Edmund?The Ticket

7. The aforementioned officers shall comprise the rules committee. The duties of the rules committee and each officer are represented below.

1. RULES COMMITTEE, THE ONLY DUTY OF THE COMMITTEE IS TO ACT AS MEDIATOR, IN CASE OF A RULES DISPUTE BETWEEN FRANCHISE OWNERS. THE COMMITTEE SHALL ISSUE AN OPINION ON ALL DISPUTES BROUGHT TO THEM BY ONE OR MORE FRANCHISE OWNERS. OPINIONS ISSUED BY THE COMMITTEE ARE FINAL. AND BINDING ON ALL FRANCHISE OWNERS. OPINIONS OF THE COMMITTEE MUST BE IN WRITING AND BE SUPPORTED BY A MAJORITY VOTE OF THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
  2. Each committee member shall have one vote.
c. The “Fair voting act of 1985” shall be applied to the committee. As such any member of the committee who is directly involved in a dispute which has been brought to the committee, shall be prohibited from voting, on any opinion related to such dispute. In an event such as this the LC shall appoint a temporary member to replace the excluded permanent member. The permanent member’s duties shall not change in any other way.

d. The committee does not have the power to write new rules, only to interpret the rules adopted by all franchise owners, and included in the official league rules. ALL RULINGS SHALL BE IN THE BEST INEREST OF THE LEAGUE.

e. League Commissioner: The LC shall serve as head of the rules committee and is responsible to assure that all league rules are properly applied. Also, the LC must ensure that all other officers are properly performing their duties, plus anything else that needs to be done. f. Assistant League Commissioner: The ALC shall serve as the LC only when the LC is involved in a rules dispute.

g. The statistician/Treasurer: The ST shall keep all league funds and maintain all adequate records of receipts and payments. The ST will clear all books each year, prior to the start of each NFL season. The ST shall maintain all records required by the league including but not limited to player rosters for each franchise, weekly lineups, standings, trades, and acquisition etc. Additional duties of the ST include, publishing the standings and maintaining other nonfinancial records requested by the franchises and the LC.

B. FEES

1. The annual franchise fee shall be $100.00. The franchise fee must be paid on or before draft day.. Failure to meet the payment deadline could result in suspension from the league.

2. New players acquired subsequent to annual draft, (other than trades between franchises) are subject to a player acquisition fee as follows, no trade fees as of 2015 rules meeting

3. Trades between franchises are free as of 2015 rules meeting.

C. PLAYER RETENTION

1. Each franchise must retain two players, or defensive teams from their previous year’s roster. (This was passed at 2017 Rules meeting)

2. All other players are returned to the player pool and are subject to acquisition by any other franchise at the annual draft.

3. When a team is bought on draft day and the old owner leaves the league, the new owner much still dump their existing roster and start with zero retentions.

4. A supplemental draft is held immediately prior to the actual draft. This is to allow all franchises to be at the minimum retention of two. These pics can be traded at the going rate.

5. The order and rules of the supplemental draft will be the same as the regular draft, unless sanctions have been imposed.

6. Retentions muct be posted on the website by Friday midnight prior to the draft.

7. A franchise in violation of E6 will lose its position in rounds 1 and 2 and their first pick will be at bottom of round 2 and a 17th round will be created for them.

D. THE DRAFT

1. The draft shall consist of 16 rounds. The two retentions will give each franchise 18 roster positions

2. The draft will begin in reverse order of finish from the previous years league finish.

3. Draft position changes between franchises as a result of trades, compensation or other considerations may happen. You may have more than on pick per round and no picks in another round.

4. Each franchise must draft its own players. Another franchise owner may not draft for you. You have two alternatives:

a. Be present at the draft or arrange some type of communications with the draft that evening, i.e. phone or computer hookup. It is not leagues responsibility but the missing franchise owner.

b. Send an authorized agent to draft your team for you (not another franchise owner).

5. The total pool of players is available for the draft, with the exception of retained players.

6. Each franchise may draft any player/position it needs to meet its team requirements, in any round. There are no special drafting restrictions for any round.

7. Each franchise is responsible for its own information, chose carefully. There can be no changes once the selection is announced. If you select a retired or Canadian player, you are stuck with him. If a player is drafted and he does not exist, or fails to sign for the season, you may trade him or drop him but you cannot play him.

8. The draft will be held on the last Monday prior to the NFL regular season start date. The announced date and time will be posted on line at least one week prior to the draft.

9. The first four rounds will be two minutes apart, and the final ten rounds will be three minutes apart. At least one break will be taken sometime during the draft. .

E. THE TEAMS

1. Each franchise shall assemble a team which consists of 18 positions as follows;

POSITION MINIMUM MAXIMUM

Qb 1 none

Rb 2 none

Wr 2 none

K 1 none

TE 1 none

D/ST /KR 1 none

When drafting a running back or receiver, you must declare his positions at that time. The definitive source will be league consensus.

2. You must always have a complete team in accordance with Rule E. 1.

Each week you must play the following:

1 quarterback

7 Receivers and running backs and tight ends. (any combination of at least 2, but not more than 4, running backs, and at least 2 but nor more than 4 receivers and a minimum of one tight end with a maximum of two..

1 place kicker

1 defensive/kick return team

10. Total positions

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Line
ups can be turned in and changed right up to game time. You can turn in a lineup prior to a midweek game and do your Sunday line up on Sunday prior to kick off.

4. If a franchise does not turn in a lineup prior to the start of the weeks games, it will be assumed that the previous week’s lineup is being used. NO EXCEPTIONS

5. THE OLD YELLER RULE. The throwing of games is strictly prohibited. If it appears that a franchise is losing games intentionally, for any reason, with a unanimous vote of the rules committee, sanctions could be determined and imposed by the rules committee. SANCTIONED FRANCHISES HAVE NO RECOURSE.

6. Incomplete Lineups-If in the opinion of the Rules Committee, a franchise turns in an incomplete lineup, ie, a lineup with a person on IR, is out for game or season or is on bye is in violation of this rule. A $5 weekly penalty will be assesed for offending franchises.

F. PLAYER ACQUISITIONS/TRADES

1. All required fees must be paid in accordance with rules b. 2, 3, and 4. There are no fees as of 2015 rules meetting.

2. Player acquisitions/trades may be done any time up to when a franchise’s weekly lineup is turned in.

3. A waived player will be returned to the pool and is available to any other franchise.

4. No trades will be allowed after week 14 lineup is turned in until after our Super Bowl. Pickups from the player pool is allowed up through the Xkffl playoffs.

5. The No Loan Rule- Once a player has been traded (other than just dropped in the pool), that franchise may not re-acquire that same player by any means at any time during the season.

6. . The Free Trade Rule-Any franchise may trade any of its players with any other franchise as long as such trade does not violate any other written rule.

7. The Cartel Rule-If in the opinion of the rules committee, two or more franchises have joined together in an association or cartel in order to improve only one of the franchise that trade may be considered null and void. Any such winnings would be awarded to the next highest point total and games won would be awarded to the losing teams. Violations of this rule do not have to be proven.

8. The Jerk Rule-If in the opinion of the rules committee, a franchise is trading or/or selling off players to recoup the franchise fee or other expenses, all such transactions may be cancelled by a unanimous vote of the rules committee and subsequent points deducted from their score.
Sanctioned franchises have no recourse.

9. The Let Me Out Of This League Rule. An entire franchise may be sold at any time during the season at the prevailing rate. The new owners must meet the requirements of all league rules.

G. SCORING

1. The computer scoring service is the final word on all scoring plays.

2. Points are awarded only for regular season NFL games.

3. All points will be awarded in accordance with the attached page.

4. Points will now be on the tenth system as of 2015 rules meeting.

5. Offensive fumble recovery for tds or other offensive player scores if needed to determine outcome of a weekly/playoff game can be determined by rules committee if necessary. (Rules 2018)

H. WINNING AND LOSING

1. The franchise that has the highest point total each week in the league shall be paid $15 (except during the playoffs). Active playoff teams are excluded from this payout. Point totals are calculated by adding up all KFL points scored by players included on the weekly lineups.

2. At draft night the LC shall publish a schedule of head-to-head competition between the franchises. Such schedule shall meet the following requirements;

a. Each franchise shall play all franchises in its division twice.

b. Each franchise shall play all other franchises once.

3. In each game between franchises, the franchise with the highest KFL points scored earns a “win”. The other franchise in each game earns a “loss”. If a tie exists, see tiebreaker rule H. 4.

4. Ties in league play will be determined by the franchise with the highest total points scored for that week.

5. The results of each KFL game shall recorded in the Official League Standings, maintained by the ST.

6. Any protests of scores must be turned in by Thurs. noon of that week. All scores will stand as printed after that date.

7. The winner of each KFl division and the second place team will qualify for the playoffs. Records will seed the three division winners, with the best record being seeded number 1 and so on until the other two division’s winners are seeded. The second place teams will be seeded the same way, with seeds 4, 5 and 6. Teams seeded one and two will have byes in the first round. Teams 3 will play team 6 and team 4 will play team 5. In week two of the playoffs the number one seeded team will play the highest seeded winning team. All teams not advancing to the playoffs will still play for the weekly pot.

8. To break 3 way or more divisional ties, the following order will be used, head to head amongst the tied teams, divisional record, and if still tied total points scored

9. SUMMARY OF WINNINGS

Revenues (excluding player transaction fees)

Franchise fees 100x 12=1200

Winnings to be paid (excluding fees):

Weekly payment (17 x $15) $255

End of season payments:

First $300

Second $200

Third $100

Fourth $75

Allstar Winners $100

Division Winners $100

Computer Service $70

TOTAL PAY OUTS $ 1200

10. The all-star game will be played on a week determined at draft night. At least two positions and no more than three from each franchise shall comprise the all-star team from each division. If a division cannot field a healthy team, then they can pick more than two players from other franchises. This must be okd by both other divisions before the lineup is officially turned into the ST. The division with the highest score will split the $100 or $25 per franchise.

11. The remaining $100 will be split within the division that has the best overall record for the season.

I. AMENDMENTS

1. Once adopted by a majority of franchise owners. These rules cannot be changed in any way during the regular season except by a UNANIMOUS vote of the franchise owners.

2. Annual amendments may be made at the annual rules meetings. The Rules committee must announce these meetings at least one week in advance. Such meetings shall not be held during the NFL season. Amendments can be made at the annual rules meetings (or overridden during the off season) by a 2/3 majority of those franchise owners present at the rules meeting. You must be present, there are no proxys for this meeting.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! I just looked at the rosters and I'll be damned if I don't have an outside shot at this! No QB is gonna hurt though........

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bein' from dat dare place, Chicago, I'z gotz some experience wit, shall we say, "Mafioso type rules." Dats what dis sounds like to me.

An exorbitant amount of rules dat can be unceremoniously applied or not applied. And if youz dont like it, too bad, or youz wakes up wit a horse head in yous guy's bed.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... I thought you were leaving this league and now I come to find out you are running it? Sam, what the hell, man? You remind me of that girl was in an abusive relationship and complaining about it all the time. I gave her a good pep talk and she's all like, "I'm going to finally do it and dump his ass." Then, next time I see her and ask her how it went, she's like,"We got married!"

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League Motto

20200209_220643.jpg