• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Long League Cheater Edition Part Dos

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah, I really thought the cheater bullshit was over in this league but that's what I get fer thinking. So I know a few of you might remember this oldie but goodie from this year's draft. Really Quick, when you pick a guy off the wire and keep him he counts as a 19th round pick if he was not previously drafted. Anywho, last season LBell was dropped and I picked him up just in case I was reading the rules wrong. So before the draft I talked to my buddy in this league and TBH, we BOTH came to the conclusion that I would not be able to keep him fer a 19th rounder. So this season in order to grab enough guise to actually field a team in the playoffs I dropped Gurley, Mixon and Cooks. Well guess what: An owner grabs them both and is expecting to be able to keep one of them fer a 19th rounder. So I talk to my buddy and he says he is trying to get that owner to be reasonable but says it's not going to well. So here we go again. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do in the end but I can assure you tonight at 2AM, I am going to drop Derrick Henry and then I will pick him right back up. I'll tell my buddy that I will be keeping Henry as a 19th round pick (which youse guise know me well enough to know I really would not do that) and there is nothing in the rules to stop me. Honestly, this league costs me $75 ($150 per team, but I have a co-owner) and it will be worth the $75 to me to play it off until draft night then tell them all to keep the fucking money and walk out. I'll post the rules and anybody who wants to chime in can tell me their thoughts.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are all of the rules that involve waivers. Bolded is the one in question.

2. The cost of Waivers and Trades is $1.00-this will come out of your winnings. The first 3 are free. First come first serve waivers can only be used to pickup players whose team has not played that week.
3. Trades and Waivers may be played immediately. There is no waiting period
9. No waivers after kickoff of NFL playoffs.
10. You may keep one player from last year’s roster. The player must be from the 2nd round on. Whichever player you choose to keep, you will lose that round in the draft this year. You may keep a player for 1 years max
12. If you pickup a player off waivers who is listed as out for the season by the NFL you can use that player as a keeper for next year but you lose the the round that player was drafted in..

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as far as the guy who picked up the ones you dropped that seems pretty cut and dry (whatever rd you drafted them). As for Bell (who you grabs) - not so clear. ...unless you go back a couple of yrs. ... at least that's my take.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as far as the guy who picked up the ones you dropped that seems pretty cut and dry (whatever rd you drafted them). As for Bell (who you grabs) - not so clear. ...unless you go back a couple of yrs. ...
Yeah, I grabbed Bell last year and after my buddy and I looked at the rules we decided it was Illegal...………..guess it's not illegal this year. Can't wait to see them spin the Derrick Henry maneuver I'm fittin to pull tonight...…..lol

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you should drop Henry tonight. Just in case something happens and someone picks him up first or something. I just say that because he could help you win this year still.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you should drop Henry tonight. Just in case something happens and someone picks him up first or something. I just say that because he could help you win this year still.
Lol..................nah, I'm gonna drop him then immediately pick him back up. According to their new unwritten rules I should be able to keep him as a 19th rounder right????????? Of course I will not keep him as a 19th but there is nothing in the written rules to stop me

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the ruling on the field has been reversed. Gurley and Mixon are eligible to be kept fer a 19th round draft pick. Just texted my buddy and told him I will not be part of this league next year. Made a few suggestions too.................I wasn't very nice.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, really wish I had a QB as now this team while not the greatest could score some points and come close. But not without a QB...........how cool would it be to win it all in my last season................

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the ruling on the field has been reversed. Gurley and Mixon are eligible to be kept fer a 19th round draft pick. Just texted my buddy and told him I will not be part of this league next year. Made a few suggestions too.................I wasn't very nice.
Sorry to hear that but fully understand - think 'we' will have a replacement league for ya though. ..... and the rules will be clear. ... :suds:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you Sam. In that league there should just be a general rule that anybody dropped and/or picked up after week 15 is unavailable to be kept the next year. That's the only thing that would make any sense. Plus, it's insane to me that a waiver pick up is a 19th round keeper. In my keeper league we do 6th round for any waiver or free agent acquisitions. It's complete bullshit though that you didn't get to do it last year, yet next year they can. I think you should drop your entire roster once your eliminated and let them fight over them :)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They key to running any kind of successful anything, whether it be a fantasy league, business, country, whatever, is to be consistent with your rules. You can't have different people playing by different rules. It sounds like this has been building for a few years, though, Sam. Sucks that you have to leave a league that you enjoy, but I think it is for the best. Spend some time and energy on something more worth your time and protect some of the sanity that you have left.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now my buddy, we can call him Marty (well, because his name is Marty) is begging me to stay in and help him write the rules. I told him I'd consider helping him fix the league, but you don't write the rules, you have to vote on the rules. Told me he hopes I win the Superbowl this year because it's a gentleman's rule in this league that you have to stay and defend yer title. I said how can there be any gentleman's rules in a league with no gentlemen? That was kinda fucked up but 100% true. Then he says he's gonna make me co commish anyway, and bigger than shit I have access to everything right now. He's lucky this isn't 10 years ago Sam, or I'd fuck that shit up so bad they would never be able to fix it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now my buddy, we can call him Marty (well, because his name is Marty) is begging me to stay in and help him write the rules. I told him I'd consider helping him fix the league, but you don't write the rules, you have to vote on the rules. Told me he hopes I win the Superbowl this year because it's a gentleman's rule in this league that you have to stay and defend yer title. I said how can there be any gentleman's rules in a league with no gentlemen? That was kinda fucked up but 100% true. Then he says he's gonna make me co commish anyway, and bigger than shit I have access to everything right now. He's lucky this isn't 10 years ago Sam, or I'd fuck that shit up so bad they would never be able to fix it.

you know, the shame is that this league sounds cool... at least to me... But the fact that the league has been in existence for more than 4 years now, and have had silly rule "violations" year after year is just wrong...

But if you do become commish, make it that the SB matters too... I will never understand why you guys just end before it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly, I don't think this league even needs to be a keeper league... does it really do anything?? just eliminate that, and it solves so many problems...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, the shame is that this league sounds cool... at least to me... But the fact that the league has been in existence for more than 4 years now, and have had silly rule "violations" year after year is just wrong...

But if you do become commish, make it that the SB matters too... I will never understand why you guys just end before it...
Dude, this league has been in existence for well over 30 years.............and no shit, has 13 rules (not counting scoring or settings). My other league has 3-4 PAGES of rules.............not counting scoring or settings.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this league has been in existence for well over 30 years.............and no shit, has 13 rules (not counting scoring or settings). My other league has 3-4 PAGES of rules.............not counting scoring or settings.

To me, it just really sounds like your league mates aren't smart enough for a keeper league...LOL

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it just really sounds like your league mates aren't smart enough for a keeper league...LOL
Well, add in the temptation of being able to keep players in the rounds they were drafted in, coupled (like Bandito said) with the 19th round WW rule and sprinkle in 3-4 extremely unethical owners (who also happen to be founders) and I guess this is the shit you end up with. I think I'm gonna suggest: No keepers, any drafted player can be kept at the round he was drafted in by his current owner at the time of the draft and if that don't work I'll suggest that any player you keep will count as yer 1st rounder..............and yeah, they're all smart enough to be a keeper league but they aren't disciplined enough to follow the damn rules. They all super rich fucks (except fer me and my buddy) and used to doing whatever the fuck they want.............

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, add in the temptation of being able to keep players in the rounds they were drafted in, coupled (like Bandito said) with the 19th round WW rule and sprinkle in 3-4 extremely unethical owners (who also happen to be founders) and I guess this is the shit you end up with. I think I'm gonna suggest: No keepers, any drafted player can be kept at the round he was drafted in by his current owner at the time of the draft and if that don't work I'll suggest that any player you keep will count as yer 1st rounder..............and yeah, they're all smart enough to be a keeper league but they aren't disciplined enough to follow the damn rules. They all super rich fucks (except fer me and my buddy) and used to doing whatever the fuck they want.............

It doesn't seem like that to me, but you definitely no more about your league mates than I do... It seems to me that they are not fantasy heads... Most are likely only in this league because they have always been in this league... and unlikely do anything more than standard non keeper leagues if they are in any other leagues...

I just have a hard time believing, that in a league that has existed for so long, that nobody has realized( besides you) that the rules were shit... and I have a hard time believing that people look so hard for loopholes in a league that they enjoy so much...

and you don't keep on doing a league unless you have fun with it... Unless there is an inside joke between everyone else, to see how much they could take advantage of the rules...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like any league I've ever been in (or would care to) cause:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell there are 3 cheaters, 4 cool dudes (well, 6 if you count me and Marty), 1 super old dude and 2 chicks of which 1 seems to care and the other just doesn't............she beat me yesterday by 6 points, but keep in mind the players I dropped to start this shit storm in the first place.