• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The way I see things

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since we didnt go after Stamkos....

We had a ton of money that was just going to sit around and do nothing. Jagr was there so we signed him to a 1 year deal. He can still shoot. Thats buys us a few goals from the money that would have just been sitting around.

Why not spend the money temporarily and put it to better use next year (JvR). No use getting upset over the Jagr Deal.

Now Talbot is a different story. Not getting "too" much money but the 5 year thing does kind of piss me off. Time will tell how this works out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the guy too but not because of his lack of talent only because he was a pen....he showed me a lot today by signing with Philly when he could have taken an expect hometown discount over there. IMO he's going to be a huge thorn in the pens side for many years to come...makes me smile. : )

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Gagne signed/will sign soon with Flyers

not a fact just the rumor of the hour

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gags comes back and wins a cup now that would be one heck of a story! I have no idea what the lines would look like???

Harts/DB/Voracek
JVR/Giroux/Jagr
Simmonds/Schenn/Talbot
Shelley/Betts/Nodl

If they sign Gags I'd put him in Talbots spot and move Talbot to the 4th line bumping out Shelley. If you need toughness in a game sit Nodl.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gags comes back and wins a cup now that would be one heck of a story! I have no idea what the lines would look like???

Harts/DB/Voracek
JVR/Giroux/Jagr
Simmonds/Schenn/Talbot
Shelley/Betts/Nodl

If they sign Gags I'd put him in Talbots spot and move Talbot to the 4th line bumping out Shelley. If you need toughness in a game sit Nodl.

looks about right to me..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any clue what the cap is looking like at this point Awaz? How much could they give Gags?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any clue what the cap is looking like at this point Awaz? How much could they give Gags?

i think we have like 3million? maybe 4?

i'm gunna run some numbers now actually since i dont feel like goin to bed yet haha

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we have like 3million? maybe 4?

i'm gunna run some numbers now actually since i dont feel like goin to bed yet haha

It seems to me that we have around $4.5 million to work with when you consider that Laperriere will be on LTIR and his cap hit will not count. I'm not sure about Schenn and his bonuses, but odds are he'll play for the Phantoms and not even hit our cap. That means there is a lot more potential space than there appears to be at first glance.

That includes the defense and goaltending being set with Simmonds yet to sign and possibly one more forward to bring in after dealing Versteeg.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems to me that we have around $4.5 million to work with when you consider that Laperriere will be on LTIR and his cap hit will not count. I'm not sure about Schenn and his bonuses, but odds are he'll play for the Phantoms and not even hit our cap. That means there is a lot more potential space than there appears to be at first glance.

That includes the defense and goaltending being set with Simmonds yet to sign and possibly one more forward to bring in after dealing Versteeg.

I see it as we are starting fresh and everyone just needs to play together and get used to one another in order to be successful.

This means it is a must that Schenn plays right off the bat since he is our future, why not get him acclimated with what will be around him for years to come now.

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CapGeek has us @ $3.3M in cap space right now; that includes Lappy and Shelley, so if we get those 2 off the books, we'd have about $5.5M available. Those numbers include Jagr, Talbot, Lilja, Schenn, Voracek, et al but do NOT include Simmonds, so we might be looking closer to 3 or 3.5 once Simmonds signs - plenty to get another top 9 F.

Of the FAs left, I like Gagne, Glencross, Hejduk, and I wouldn't mind bringing back Zherdev if you put him with some of the better 2-way guys we have. Give him 82 games and he nets 25 goals easily. Just saying...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CapGeek has us @ $3.3M in cap space right now; that includes Lappy and Shelley, so if we get those 2 off the books, we'd have about $5.5M available. Those numbers include Jagr, Talbot, Lilja, Schenn, Voracek, et al but do NOT include Simmonds, so we might be looking closer to 3 or 3.5 once Simmonds signs - plenty to get another top 9 F.

Of the FAs left, I like Gagne, Glencross, Hejduk, and I wouldn't mind bringing back Zherdev if you put him with some of the better 2-way guys we have. Give him 82 games and he nets 25 goals easily. Just saying...

Also includes Leighton and Walker I believe

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Simmonds should be less than Voracek. They should still have enough for Gags. Get Gags and I reall like this team.