• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the washington...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins name challenge took over 20 years since the last one because they had a hard time finding people who are Native American to sign the petition and do something about it. The last time they were sued it was 1992 they had to wait till 2013 to find 5 people willing to sue. It is a non issue. People just want to sue to get money and or to build up a controversy that is not there.

There are a lot of Native Americans here where I live and work with several. They think its funny that people are suing for something they don't even care about. They are more offended by the name Indians than redskins. In fact they don't like Native American either. They like to be called the name of their tribe. In the case of people around here they are Wampanoag.

the washington wampanoags. after a few beers nobody will be able to say it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, how? People who hate Obama have to understand that a President cannot do this on his own, any president regardless of the party need the help of congress to do anything and when congress has done everything in their power to go against a president then there is nothing they can do. It is time to hold everyone accountable for this thing instead of pointing fingers at our favorite targets.

Also, the USA has been a mess of a long time. Long before Obama was President, this country needs a change in our mentality as a whole before anything will get better.

Fuck Obama. Stop trying to make people see your point. He's a piece of shit, period.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So we should just be content with the status quo?

Well, when Clyde said EVERY SINGLE politician is a fucktard money grubbing asshole, I think the logical conclusion (in his view) would be that only money grubbing assholes are capable of getting elected (which in my view is an indictment of voters not politicians). So if the only alternative to money grubbing assholes is dictators & warlords, I think Id take the money grubbing asshole as the lesser of the 2 evils.

...And then I would personally take it a step further by saying I would support a money grubbing asshole of a lesser dergree if the only alternative is money grubbing assholes of the greater degree. JMHO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins have petitioned the league today for a name change. They are ashamed to have the word "Washington" associated with their team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am a libertarian. Used to be republican but they all turned into liberal pussies

Libertarians crack me up. You talk a big game but I've never heard one of you satisfactorily explain how you are going to function without government. Very, very few of you could survive without the things our government provides you. Even simple things like regulation of food quality you could not handle.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Libertarians crack me up. You talk a big game but I've never heard one of you satisfactorily explain how you are going to function without government. Very, very few of you could survive without the things our government provides you. Even simple things like regulation of food quality you could not handle.

left wing libertarians is where its at.

there needs to be some sort of regulation and central planning

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

:L

I'll make an exception to not replying to the idiotic things you say for the sake of clarity.

You are not describing libertarians; you're describing anarchists. Libertarians do not support anarchy. Even hard core libertarians support the BASIC functions of government, but almost all of those things can be done at a state level (except national defense). Infrastructure like roads, power plants, water & law enforcement are the things liberals point to in order to justify high taxes, but that stuff takes up a tiny portion of STATE budgets; and it takes up next to 0% of the federal budget.

What libertarians don't support are massive, convoluted bureaucratic cluster f#*%s like social security, federal medicare / Obamacare, giving tax money from one state to another & most handouts like unemployment checks. A good portion of them support food stamps, but I'd say most of 'em would prefer they had better restrictions in order to make sure it's not advantageous to be on food stamps for one's entire life; and I'd say just about all libertarians would only support that at the state level. I think how WIC (Women, infants & Children) is structured is something libertarians would prefer to food stamps (as it stands about 1 in 5 households in America have food stamp money coming in).

State governments are enough for about 99% of what people really need the government to do IMO, and it's better to rely on them to do it because they're forced to balance their budgets; they can't borrow money.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
left wing libertarians is where its at.

there needs to be some sort of regulation and central planning

It seems like the only difference between left-wing libertarians and right-wing libertarians is that left wingers support the decriminalization of drugs. And the right-wing libertarians stay out of the marriage debate & the abortion debate whereas the lefties are deeply entrenched in those things.

But for the most part left-wing libertarian is an oxymoron because lefties generally believe in a big federal government.