• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the washington...

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am part native American and I have never been offended by any sports names. But I am only a small part. I also hate political correctness. I can understand redskins making people mad because if there were "blackskins" it would have been changed a long time ago. The real question to me is, why does redskin not bother people as much as say "blackskins" would?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I suggest stop thinking about the R or D because they are one and the same.

That's like saying communism is the same as capitalism.

It's like saying California's government is the same as Texas' government. Or the US & France. Not even close. Size & scope of government matters.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's like saying communism is the same as capitalism.

It's like saying California's government is the same as Texas' government. Or the US & France. Not even close. Size & scope of government matters.

Not the same ideology. Poor wording on my part. Meant it as they are both crooks lining their pockets and their "buddy's" pockets.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not the same ideology. Poor wording on my part. Meant it as they are both crooks lining their pockets and their "buddy's" pockets.

You really think so?

Democrats confiscate money from you & me and give it to people like PBS, NPR, give gold-plated retirements to state / federal workers, fund all kinds of superfluous programs almost nobody even knows about (see Stimulous bill). LOTS and LOTS of pork.

Republicans give money to... Who? Military personnel? People in the army start out making like 16 grand a year + benefits or something. And the vast majority of 'em leave after 4 years.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You really think so?

Democrats confiscate money from you & me and give it to people like PBS, NPR, give gold-plated retirements to state / federal workers, fund all kinds of superfluous programs almost nobody even knows about (see Stimulous bill). LOTS and LOTS of pork.

Republicans give money to... Who? Military personnel? People in the army start out making like 16 grand a year + benefits or something. And the vast majority of 'em leave after 4 years.

I am conservative/libertarian. I lost all faith in the name republican. They haven't had a back bone for years and it has shown. I like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. I loathe McCain. Hopefully that clears it up. I think you and I are pretty much on the same wave length here.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am conservative/libertarian. I lost all faith in the name republican. They haven't had a back bone for years and it has shown. I like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. I loathe McCain. Hopefully that clears it up. I think you and I are pretty much on the same wave length here.

Yeah, you & I probably agree on a lot of things. I call John Boehner the card table. He & republicans are such humongous pussies every single time they have to negotiate. They cave to media pressure so easily that they're pretty much useless. If you need proof look at the last debt ceiling deal they made. I would be shocked if they didn't do the exact same thing this time.

But that said, I don't see Republicans as a bunch of Santa Clauses giving a bunch of government money to people. That's what the other side does. They actually try to stop that from happening (they just suck at it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
politicians is like having a wife for 30 years. they just spend your money and u don't even get a decent blowjob.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am a libertarian. Used to be republican but they all turned into liberal pussies

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah, you & I probably agree on a lot of things. I call John Boehner the card table. He & republicans are such humongous pussies every single time they have to negotiate. They cave to media pressure so easily that they're pretty much useless. If you need proof look at the last debt ceiling deal they made. I would be shocked if they didn't do the exact same thing this time.

But that said, I don't see Republicans as a bunch of Santa Clauses giving a bunch of government money to people. That's what the other side does. They actually try to stop that from happening (they just suck at it).

I am Ohio born and bred and I hate the fact Boehner is from Ohio. Such a pussy. Talks all tough then breaks when they go behind closed doors.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From what I read there really isn't an overwhelming amount of Native Americans that are offended by the name and the emotions range from support to indifference to being offended.

So I would support a name change if the majority of Native Americans got together and had a desire for it to be changed. Not some congressman, not some sports writers, or the President but actual Native Americans.

If you're going to tell me because I'm white I shouldn't tell whatever race they shouldn't be offended than don't tell them they should be offended either.

Most of the people that are raising an issue about it are non Native American people who are part of the ultra PC crowd.

My view is the name has no ill intent and the term has long since been relevant as in insult and it's more associated with football now than being an actual insult to Native Americans.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I read there really isn't an overwhelming amount of Native Americans that are offended by the name and the emotions range from support to indifference to being offended.

So I would support a name change if the majority of Native Americans got together and had a desire for it to be changed. Not some congressman, not some sports writers, or the President but actual Native Americans.

If you're going to tell me because I'm white I shouldn't tell whatever race they shouldn't be offended than don't tell them they should be offended either.

Most of the people that are raising an issue about it are non Native American people who are part of the ultra PC crowd.

My view is the name has no ill intent and the term has long since been relevant as in insult and it's more associated with football now than being an actual insult to Native Americans.

I'm really not interested in becoming an active participant in this thread, but the part in bold can easily be explained. The people in positions to raise an issue (any issue, not just this one) are non-Native Americans. How many Native American congressmen are there? Senators? Sportswriters? Sportscasters? Editorialists?

The Native American population is not in any sort of position to have their voices heard on this.

As I understand it, the name first became an issue when the Oneida nation began protesting it decades ago. For those that don't know, the Oneida are one of the Nations that make up the Iroquois Confederacy.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm really not interested in becoming an active participant in this thread, but the part in bold can easily be explained. The people in positions to raise an issue (any issue, not just this one) are non-Native Americans. How many Native American congressmen are there? Senators? Sportswriters? Sportscasters? Editorialists?

The Native American population is not in any sort of position to have their voices heard on this.

As I understand it, the name first became an issue when the Oneida nation began protesting it decades ago. For those that don't know, the Oneida are one of the Nations that make up the Iroquois Confederacy.

I don't disagree that they need non Native American representation to get the issue across but this sudden push to change it doesn't feel like it's stemming from Native Americans pushing the issue harder and more a case of the PC police latching on to something.

I think if congressmen and media types really want to champion Native American causes than champion things that would improve their quality of life.

Woody: American Indians in Va. have no problem with ?Redskins? - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Football

G. Anne Richardson, chief of Virginia’s Rappahannock Tribe, had to stifle a laugh when asked her feelings on the Redskins’ nickname.

“I don’t have an issue with it,” she said. “There are so many more issues that are important for the tribe than to waste time on what a team is called. We’re worried about real things, and I don’t consider that a real thing.

“We’re more worried about our kids being educated, our people housed, elder care and the survival of our culture. We’ve been in that survival mode for 400 years. We’re not worried about how some ball team is named.”

If the Redskins name gets changed to something else the only people that really win are the PC police. Native Americans are still going to wake up the next day with the same issues that they had the previous day. And are all these congressmen and media types going to continue to champion the issues Native Americans face after the name is changed? No, they'll move onto something else and Native Americans will be back to being marginalized

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins name challenge took over 20 years since the last one because they had a hard time finding people who are Native American to sign the petition and do something about it. The last time they were sued it was 1992 they had to wait till 2013 to find 5 people willing to sue. It is a non issue. People just want to sue to get money and or to build up a controversy that is not there.

There are a lot of Native Americans here where I live and work with several. They think its funny that people are suing for something they don't even care about. They are more offended by the name Indians than redskins. In fact they don't like Native American either. They like to be called the name of their tribe. In the case of people around here they are Wampanoag.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am a libertarian. Used to be republican but they all turned into liberal pussies

Every single politician/group/coalition is a fucktard money-grabbing asshole. Every. Single. One. I refuse to even align myself with any of these parties.