• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a trade idea floated out there...trading a TE, like Hudson though now he's hurt, for a DT...I can't remember which team it was to...it was intriguing....but with the expectation of Rankings, Hill, and McKinley returning sooner than later - an the recent addition of Guy - I don't think that is likely to occur.
yea, we better hope some of our players heal up well enough. 'bout to make andy dalton look like peyton manning next week I'm afraid.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, we better hope some of our players heal up well enough. 'bout to make andy dalton look like peyton manning next week I'm afraid.
They gonna get the 1PM Sunday Dalton....we need him to be Playoff/MNF Dalton....LOL

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea of trading for a defensive tackle is wishful thinking for any organization. The best defensive tackles are drafted in early rounds and they don't often hit free agency. When they do, they cost a premium. I'd say it's even more rare that you are going to get one in a trade.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea of trading for a defensive tackle is wishful thinking for any organization. The best defensive tackles are drafted in early rounds and they don't often hit free agency. When they do, they cost a premium. I'd say it's even more rare that you are going to get one in a trade.
I think it was just more of a viable depth piece - but it was also before they signed Guy....

I don't recall that it was for a premium type player - as you stated, high level DT's are not getting traded unless they are in a contract year and sitting out that year to force a move...and even then...you'd need more than Hudson...LOL

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
andy-dalton-smiling-andy-dalton-panthers.gif

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was just more of a viable depth piece - but it was also before they signed Guy....

I don't recall that it was for a premium type player - as you stated, high level DT's are not getting traded unless they are in a contract year and sitting out that year to force a move...and even then...you'd need more than Hudson...LOL
I saw that article. It was Tanner Hudson to the Jets for Hassan Reddick. Who has no showed all offseason cause he wants money. Something the Bengals don’t give anyone lol.