• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The US Open 2014 thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking to see ivanovic gone so early. Great win for Sam also

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they put this teen sensation on court 17? I would have thought it would have a prime time slot on AA.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No she stayed consistently at the top because a German fan put her biggest rival Monica Seles out and for the rest of the weak field like Sabbatini, Jana Novotna, Helena Sukova, Mary Joe Fernandez, Sanchez-Vicario, Lori McNeil, Natasha Zvereva who were all serving cupcakes. Mentl midgets like Jana Novotna virtually gave a Wimbleton title to Graf after serving for the match at 5-1. After Seles was stabbed Graf had a free rein winning 3 out of 4 GS. and was able to climb back to No.1 for the first time in 22 months because of the dominance of Monica Seles during the time.

Again, you are all over the place taking pot shots at Serena who was sidelined more by injuries than any fitness nonsense. It was media's nonsensical canard that Serena proved false at the Australian Open when the media openly mocked her as fat and lazy. She shocked them by taking the championship. I think you are insane claiming that a 9 inch-knife plunged between her shoulders that required long stay in hospital was only a scratch. Maybe this article will help refresh your warped memory:
espnW -- Stabbing stole Monica Seles' tennis career
"Mentally she was just so tough, she was right up there with Chris [Evert]," Martina Navratilova said of Seles in a recent phone interview. "You couldn't crack her, you never got the feeling she was panicked or pissed off. Nothing. You could not read her body language. Up 6-4, 4-0 or down 6-4, 4-0, she was immaculate, and she lost a little bit of that, not hardness, but supreme confidence. … She lost her edge."
Monica Seles lost a lot more than that.
Once a legitimate threat to break Margaret Court's record of 24 Grand Slam singles titles; once a source of constant frustration to Steffi Graf, who is No. 2 with 22 Slam wins; once one of the toughest competitors in all of sports, Seles didn't just have her career altered on that awful day 20 years ago. It was stolen from her."

Yes. It was stolen from her by Steffi Graf's German fan Gunter Parche. Hs0022, shame on you for belittling such traumatic experience of stabbing of a tennis player.

The verdict is still out on what Serena was on in Wimbledon during her doubles match. Fishy stuff. Also the foot injury was dubious and all these injuries that only someone named Rafael Nadal can match. Why is she so injury prone? It's part of your career and legacy if you can stay healthy and at the top or not just ask Sampras or Roger. If one misuses or overuses PEDs then that person is more vulnerable to injuries.

But still the current era is such a joke that only the naive and inexperienced tennis observer will be shocked if Serena wins. It's more of a shock when she still manages to lose regularly to nobodies because that shows how bad her fitness is.

And please try to stick to facts. The knife barely scratched Seles ("plunged"....what a hoot!). The reaction was over the top both from her and her fans and was just the perfect excuse to lay the blame on something to account for her lack of accomplishment. If she was a true champion she would have come back despite the nick of an injury.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The verdict is still out on what Serena was on in Wimbledon during her doubles match. Fishy stuff. Also the foot injury was dubious and all these injuries that only someone named Rafael Nadal can match. Why is she so injury prone? It's part of your career and legacy if you can stay healthy and at the top or not just ask Sampras or Roger. If one misuses or overuses PEDs then that person is more vulnerable to injuries.

But still the current era is such a joke that only the naive and inexperienced tennis observer will be shocked if Serena wins. It's more of a shock when she still manages to lose regularly to nobodies because that shows how bad her fitness is.

And please try to stick to facts. The knife barely scratched Seles ("plunged"....what a hoot!). The reaction was over the top both from her and her fans and was just the perfect excuse to lay the blame on something to account for her lack of accomplishment. If she was a true champion she would have come back despite the nick of an injury.

You have proven to be totally insane. All that you are left of is silly and ridiculous accusations. Ironically,Steffi Graf was accused of being on the same PED thing in addition of being a tax cheater. It was spurious whispering of accusations of PED use and a tax cheater of which her dad went to jail.

It is comical to hear you talk about sticking to facts when you would not know it even if it hits you on your anal aperture.You are comical. Let someone who the German authorities themselves claim is deranged lay a 9 inch knife between your shoulder blades in an anger that his favorite player Graf was denied grand slams by this Seles and feel whether it is a scratch. How old were you then?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venus VS Errani tmr 1 PM.

Sharapova vs Lisicki at Ashe to end the night..

This is about the time I start paying attention to GS events. The 3rd round is when it starts to get serious as seeded players begin to play each other.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venus VS Errani tmr 1 PM.

Sharapova vs Lisicki at Ashe to end the night..

This is about the time I start paying attention to GS events. The 3rd round is when it starts to get serious as seeded players begin to play each other.

Venus seems to be on a mission and if she does not get tired and starts throwing tons of unforced errors, she has a very good chance of taking out Errani.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have proven to be totally insane. All that you are left of is silly and ridiculous accusations. Ironically,Steffi Graf was accused of being on the same PED thing in addition of being a tax cheater. It was spurious whispering of accusations of PED use and a tax cheater of which her dad went to jail.

It is comical to hear you talk about sticking to facts when you would not know it even if it hits you on your anal aperture.You are comical. Let someone who the German authorities themselves claim is deranged lay a 9 inch knife between your shoulder blades in an anger that his favorite player Graf was denied grand slams by this Seles and feel whether it is a scratch. How old were you then?

I was a freshman in college at that time but I think you are regurgitating all this nonsense through google search and after hitting only the crazy and emotional reaction articles from Seles fans. How old were you? My guess from you immature response - a toddler? Graf did not evade tax since her father was solely in charge of finances at the time the accusations were made and I think he went to jail and paid for his crimes and furthermore there was a rift in their relationship after that.

Let me tell you why you are so riled up and pro Seles. Actually you couldn't care less about Seles or anyone but she suits your agenda. The agenda of trying to belittle Graf who has achieved everything your Fave Serena could not and who is the GOAT IN WOMENS SINGLES.

Serena is now too old to surpass Graf. So my sympathies there.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a freshman in college at that time but I think you are regurgitating all this nonsense through google search and after hitting only the crazy and emotional reaction articles from Seles fans. How old were you? My guess from you immature response - a toddler? Graf did not evade tax since her father was solely in charge of finances at the time the accusations were made and I think he went to jail and paid for his crimes and furthermore there was a rift in their relationship after that.

Let me tell you why you are so riled up and pro Seles. Actually you couldn't care less about Seles or anyone but she suits your agenda. The agenda of trying to belittle Graf who has achieved everything your Fave Serena could not and who is the GOAT IN WOMENS SINGLES.

Serena is now too old to surpass Graf. So my sympathies there.

Lol. I am old enough to remember what happened without google search. In any case it is nonsense. These are facts and your warped thinking only allows you to see one side of accusing Serena of PED use without any basis. Your nonsensical diatribe on this and espn fora against Serena is putrid. And oh, I do not have any agenda of belittling Graf since I have stated on this very forum and elsewhere how I admire Graf. I do not castigate any tennis player man or female especially accusing them of taking PED when there is no evidence like your little myopic mind has been bandying around this forum against Nadal and Serena. I challenge you to show me anywhere i spoke against any particular tennis player.

You are obsessed with Serena and I could care less whether she equals or surpass Graf achievement. What I do not want is seeing nonentities like you bash players you are not even worthy of holding their socks.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venus lost again. Should have retired five years ago. Just can't hang with the current crop anymore.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I am old enough to remember what happened without google search. In any case it is nonsense. These are facts and your warped thinking only allows you to see one side of accusing Serena of PED use without any basis. Your nonsensical diatribe on this and espn fora against Serena is putrid. And oh, I do not have any agenda of belittling Graf since I have stated on this very forum and elsewhere how I admire Graf. I do not castigate any tennis player man or female especially accusing them of taking PED when there is no evidence like your little myopic mind has been bandying around this forum against Nadal and Serena. I challenge you to show me anywhere i spoke against any particular tennis player.

You are obsessed with Serena and I could care less whether she equals or surpass Graf achievement. What I do not want is seeing nonentities like you bash players you are not even worthy of holding their socks.

Yes I agree that you could care less whether she equals Graf. This is because you care to a certain extent and can always reduce your level of caring. :lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't need to retire. She is still competitive. She looked way better against a ranked player than kerber & halep looked as they got destroyed in straight sets by unranked players

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't need to retire. She is still competitive. She looked way better against a ranked player than kerber & halep looked as they got destroyed in straight sets by unranked players

Only if she is enjoying the game like Federer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe she is. She did well at the us open series and wasn't bad here. 3rd round matches are usually pretty tough if you're ranked outside the top 5

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two unbelievably explosive matchups (Thiem vs Gulbis), and KA vs Janowicz with THIEM AND KA coming on top. Waiting for the explosive server Groth Vs Federer to start.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venus lost again. Should have retired five years ago. Just can't hang with the current crop anymore.

Oh, STFU already. She put up a good fight for a 34 year old.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree that you could care less whether she equals Graf. This is because you care to a certain extent and can always reduce your level of caring. :lol:

You are pathetic.Go ahead and accuse every player who is not Federer of doping, you clown.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are pathetic.Go ahead and accuse every player who is not Federer of doping, you clown.

It's one of the common mistakes American English speakers make. It's amusing really. Back to tennis, shouldn't you be worried about the favorite that is still left- Serena? Despite your weird verbal usage I find you likable unlike a lot of other hardcore sister nuts. There is an innocence in the venom you spew. Maybe there is a tennis fan in you somewhere who can appreciate tennis outside of the WS.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed back to his old antics again. Blowing string of break points. The match with Groth could be closer than it needs to be. 1-2 40-30. And where do they get these US COMMENTATORS FROM??! The guy with the baritone voice is now comparing the James Bond aspect of Federer's game. He has no clue about tennis and is just getting paid to yap his head off.