• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can’t prove it.

Well when 11w posts it I’ll believe it!
Not that I think it will matter, but this lays it out pretty well...

Columbus man saddened, overjoyed by wife’s affair with Kirk Herbstreit
COLUMBUS, OHIO – Police officer Jerry Dunlaw, 39, described the process of divorcing his wife of nine years Tracy Dunlaw (née Winters) on the grounds of adultery as “almost unbearably sad,” noting that it was only her affair with ESPN College GameDay analyst and former Ohio State quarterback Kirk Herbstreit that “made things bearable during a difficult time.”

medium_herbie.jpg

Herbstreit.

“No one can understand the sadness of a marriage that seems to be going strong only to be suddenly dissolved. You have to experience it first,” said Dunlaw. “I was ignorant about a lot of things. Maybe I was even too innocent. I believed this [marriage] would last forever.”

“Hey, check this out,” the 14-year veteran of the Columbus Narcotics Bureau added as he leafed through the former couple’s financial paperwork. “It’s a Varsity Club receipt signed by Kirk Herbstreit! How cool is that?”

Dunlaw then sobbed quietly for several minutes, making sure to keep the receipt dry and uncrumpled.

The Varsity Club, a local favorite for almost half a century, was one of several bars infrequently visited by Winters and Herbstreit over a period of “at least four years, but probably five,” according to Jack Stanislaw, a private detective hired by Dunlaw in July to investigate his then wife’s “suspicious behavior.”

Stanislaw said that Winters, 33, and Herbstreit, 38, first met in 2002 following a September 14 GameDay appearance in Columbus for a matchup between eventual national champion Ohio State and eleventh ranked Washington State.

Dunlaw recalled the incident.

“I remember it like it was yesterday. That was a good Wazzu team. We were so drunk after the win, and then we saw Herbie at the Varsity. I asked him to sign her [chest],” said Dunlaw. “It was pretty sweet.”

Winters and Dunlaw have agreed to joint custody of their two children, with each parent alternating weeks. The two also agreed that holidays will be spent together “or with Kirk Herbstreit, if possible.”

“There’s a lot about this situation that’s pretty messed up, obviously,” said Dunlaw. “But we’ve got kids and they’ve got to come first. Even though we don’t agree with each other, we could at least agree on that. Making sure the children can lead normal lives was the first priority. Plus, you know, they really love Herbstreit. So that was pretty simple.”

The only point of contention revolves around their Ohio State season tickets.

“We’ve got four of them,” said Winters. “Obviously the kids get two, but what about the other two? Jerry wants them both. I think that’s unreasonable.”

“I’m sure Kirk can get her in,” Dunlaw responded.

He paused.

“Speaking of which, I wonder if he can get me extras for the [Ohio State-Michigan] game? I’ll have to get Tracy to call him and ask.”

Though Herbstreit occasionally expressed regret regarding the affair, specifically its secretive nature and the guilt over cheating on his own wife of nine years, he was always “willing to sign memorabilia after our lovemaking,” according to Winters.

“Kirk’s so generous. It’s one of the things that really attracted me to him, I think. He’s got so much to do but he takes his time to interact with a fan like me. I knew Jerry would love stuff like signed footballs and jerseys. He [Jerry] always used to ask me how I got them, and I would just wink and smile and say ‘I think you’ve got a secret Santa somewhere,'” said Winters. “He’s just a great guy. We’re all so proud he’s a Buckeye.”

Dunlaw agreed.

Like I said, believe whatever you want.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he did lousy job conveying the "facts". I'm sure you'll disagree and chalk my opinion up as being a "homer". Which is fine, I know Hammer would.
I'm not trolling or hammering anything here. I'm asking an honest question.

I kept centered until the report came out and erred on the side that McMurphy may have had more issues and was caught up in her story or whatnot. I also was leaning toward Snook's stories of the seeds of doubt, but still wasn't giving any type of final verdict until we had more data.

That data is in. The things that were troubling in McMurphy's reports have been cleared up as far as I know. He produced his copy of the police report with the X next to arrested and the OSU report corroborated the other element he took out about Earle Bruce actually talking to Courtney when the first assault issue came up despite the assertion of whoever it was that was there that said it didn't happen. So McMurphy took that out given the controversy of that witness and the OSU report specifically states that conversation DID happen.

So I ask again, what specific facts did he get wrong? Because the narrative we had for two weeks of how bad his story was seems to be gone now.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I think it will matter, but this lays it out pretty well...

Columbus man saddened, overjoyed by wife’s affair with Kirk Herbstreit
COLUMBUS, OHIO – Police officer Jerry Dunlaw, 39, described the process of divorcing his wife of nine years Tracy Dunlaw (née Winters) on the grounds of adultery as “almost unbearably sad,” noting that it was only her affair with ESPN College GameDay analyst and former Ohio State quarterback Kirk Herbstreit that “made things bearable during a difficult time.”

medium_herbie.jpg

Herbstreit.

“No one can understand the sadness of a marriage that seems to be going strong only to be suddenly dissolved. You have to experience it first,” said Dunlaw. “I was ignorant about a lot of things. Maybe I was even too innocent. I believed this [marriage] would last forever.”

“Hey, check this out,” the 14-year veteran of the Columbus Narcotics Bureau added as he leafed through the former couple’s financial paperwork. “It’s a Varsity Club receipt signed by Kirk Herbstreit! How cool is that?”

Dunlaw then sobbed quietly for several minutes, making sure to keep the receipt dry and uncrumpled.

The Varsity Club, a local favorite for almost half a century, was one of several bars infrequently visited by Winters and Herbstreit over a period of “at least four years, but probably five,” according to Jack Stanislaw, a private detective hired by Dunlaw in July to investigate his then wife’s “suspicious behavior.”

Stanislaw said that Winters, 33, and Herbstreit, 38, first met in 2002 following a September 14 GameDay appearance in Columbus for a matchup between eventual national champion Ohio State and eleventh ranked Washington State.

Dunlaw recalled the incident.

“I remember it like it was yesterday. That was a good Wazzu team. We were so drunk after the win, and then we saw Herbie at the Varsity. I asked him to sign her [chest],” said Dunlaw. “It was pretty sweet.”

Winters and Dunlaw have agreed to joint custody of their two children, with each parent alternating weeks. The two also agreed that holidays will be spent together “or with Kirk Herbstreit, if possible.”

“There’s a lot about this situation that’s pretty messed up, obviously,” said Dunlaw. “But we’ve got kids and they’ve got to come first. Even though we don’t agree with each other, we could at least agree on that. Making sure the children can lead normal lives was the first priority. Plus, you know, they really love Herbstreit. So that was pretty simple.”

The only point of contention revolves around their Ohio State season tickets.

“We’ve got four of them,” said Winters. “Obviously the kids get two, but what about the other two? Jerry wants them both. I think that’s unreasonable.”

“I’m sure Kirk can get her in,” Dunlaw responded.

He paused.

“Speaking of which, I wonder if he can get me extras for the [Ohio State-Michigan] game? I’ll have to get Tracy to call him and ask.”

Though Herbstreit occasionally expressed regret regarding the affair, specifically its secretive nature and the guilt over cheating on his own wife of nine years, he was always “willing to sign memorabilia after our lovemaking,” according to Winters.

“Kirk’s so generous. It’s one of the things that really attracted me to him, I think. He’s got so much to do but he takes his time to interact with a fan like me. I knew Jerry would love stuff like signed footballs and jerseys. He [Jerry] always used to ask me how I got them, and I would just wink and smile and say ‘I think you’ve got a secret Santa somewhere,'” said Winters. “He’s just a great guy. We’re all so proud he’s a Buckeye.”

Dunlaw agreed.

Like I said, believe whatever you want.

This sounds almost like a parody. Are we sure it’s not?

Ohh and not once does it mention that’s why Herbstreit left Columbus.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohh and not once does it mention that’s why Herbstreit left Columbus.
You're right. It was just a coincidence that his wife started talking about moving right after he was caught with his pants down. It did take them awhile to work things out.

Probably just a coincidence.

Carry on.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. It was just a coincidence that his wife started talking about moving right after he was caught with his pants down. It did take them awhile to work things out.

Probably just a coincidence.

Carry on.

You made the claim it’s why herbstreit left. There’s no mention of that. I fact not one article mentions this on google when typing in “why did kirk herbstreit leave Columbus.”

But no no, the article you posted is definitely proof why herbstreit left town.

An people wonder why buckeye fans look delusional over anything Ohio State.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the claim it’s why herbstreit left. There’s no mention of that. I fact not one article mentions this on google when typing in “why did kirk herbstreit leave Columbus.”

But no no, the article you posted is definitely proof why herbstreit left town.

An people wonder why buckeye fans look delusional over anything Ohio State.
You seriously thought you would find a link where Herbstreit says, "I'm leaving Columbus because I hooked up with a chick and my wife caught me so she said she's moving with or without me?"

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously thought you would find a link where Herbstreit says, "I'm leaving Columbus because I hooked up with a chick and my wife caught me so she said she's moving with or without me?"

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I seriously thought something would mention it. Like seriously. Absolutely nothing mentions any of this. But we should believe some parody sounding story you post. Bahahahahahahahaha

Considering as much proof buckeye fans asked for on just about everything these last few weeks with urb, you lay this dud and expect it to land. Great work lol

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling or hammering anything here. I'm asking an honest question.

I kept centered until the report came out and erred on the side that McMurphy may have had more issues and was caught up in her story or whatnot. I also was leaning toward Snook's stories of the seeds of doubt, but still wasn't giving any type of final verdict until we had more data.

That data is in. The things that were troubling in McMurphy's reports have been cleared up as far as I know. He produced his copy of the police report with the X next to arrested and the OSU report corroborated the other element he took out about Earle Bruce actually talking to Courtney when the first assault issue came up despite the assertion of whoever it was that was there that said it didn't happen. So McMurphy took that out given the controversy of that witness and the OSU report specifically states that conversation DID happen.

So I ask again, what specific facts did he get wrong? Because the narrative we had for two weeks of how bad his story was seems to be gone now.

My complaint is that there really is no proof of, well anything. There is no proof that he beat his wife, no proof that Urbs knew, no proof that anyone covered it up. Yet, this dude ran a story. Now, he is scrabbling to prove he was right.

I also have laid low during this whole process, because I know anything I say will be chalked up to, "Oh, he is an OSU fan".

I will say, I am not a fan of anything that has happened. If all of this shit happened and Urbs covered it up, then he is in the wrong and got off easy. I do think he could have handled this better whether he believes her or not. The public opinion is she is telling the truth and he should have taken that into account with how this was handled.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My complaint is that there really is no proof of, well anything. There is no proof that he beat his wife, no proof that Urbs knew, no proof that anyone covered it up. Yet, this dude ran a story. Now, he is scrabbling to prove he was right.

I also have laid low during this whole process, because I know anything I say will be chalked up to, "Oh, he is an OSU fan".

I will say, I am not a fan of anything that has happened. If all of this shit happened and Urbs covered it up, then he is in the wrong and got off easy. I do think he could have handled this better whether he believes her or not. The public opinion is she is telling the truth and he should have taken that into account with how this was handled.
FWIW I don't entirely buy her full story and I don't think Meyer ignored her abuse (or allegations there of).

That doesn't mean that McMurphy made a bogus story. He did go too far with the sex pic descriptions and that whole thing which is a fair criticism and he's said some things in his many interviews that doesn't sit easy with me. I'll grant all of that. I just think it's over the top and still sticking to the frenzy of the last two weeks to suggest his credibility is shot or his story had fallacious elements to them.

Again, 11w and the Dispatch were also both working on this story so it was going to come out sooner or later.

I'm sure it's frustrating as fans that most of the country only reads headlines and listens to snippets and they believe Meyer actually did ignore or cover up for an employee he knew to be guilty of abuse when the reality is he was probably suspended for deleting texts and the optics of that, not disclosing Zach's earlier legal issues with OSU at the time of his hire, and not actually disciplining him for the things he did know about, even if it wasn't abuse related. And you all blame McMurphy for that view. I think it's clouded many of your fans judgement.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I don't entirely buy her full story and I don't think Meyer ignored her abuse (or allegations there of).

That doesn't mean that McMurphy made a bogus story. He did go too far with the sex pic descriptions and that whole thing which is a fair criticism and he's said some things in his many interviews that doesn't sit easy with me. I'll grant all of that. I just think it's over the top and still sticking to the frenzy of the last two weeks to suggest his credibility is shot or his story had fallacious elements to them.

Again, 11w and the Dispatch were also both working on this story so it was going to come out sooner or later.

I'm sure it's frustrating as fans that most of the country only reads headlines and listens to snippets and they believe Meyer actually did ignore or cover up for an employee he knew to be guilty of abuse when the reality is he was probably suspended for deleting texts and the optics of that, not disclosing Zach's earlier legal issues with OSU at the time of his hire, and not actually disciplining him for the things he did know about, even if it wasn't abuse related. And you all blame McMurphy for that view. I think it's clouded many of your fans judgement.

That's fair. I agree some of my fellow fans have gone off the deep end on this.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

https://82sluggowin.wordpress.com/2007/11/05/columbus-man-saddened-overjoyed-by-wifes-affair-with-kirk-herbstreit/ said:

Best troll post ever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says sincere apology like having to sincerely apologize for how insincere your first sincere apology sounded. lol

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says sincere apology like having to sincerely apologize for how insincere your first sincere apology sounded. lol

"How many times do we have to write these for you, Urbs?" - Drake

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one problem is that Meyer still thinks she was not abused like the general public does. She has pictures but we dont know if that damage was due to her being on the attack.

For the sake of the school he should have fallen on his sword but he decided to "keep it real". He didnt believe she deserved an apology so he didnt.

I guess he changed his mind again. Maybe he forgot?

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1089827002

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope the PC mob mentality ran a muck and he caved. I am sorry he did that.

That ‘apology’ looked worse than his responses at the press conference. It was just another response written for him to try and save face. They should have just owned it and went with the ‘Meyer isn’t convinced she was assaulted’, at least that’d be believable.

That apology looked forced.