• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Urbs taught these kids in the last 3 weeks:

Deny deny deny
Blame it on medication
If you are bigger than the game, you get away with whatever no matter how bad it looks.

Well done Urbs :clap:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Urbs taught these kids in the last 3 weeks:

Deny deny deny
Blame it on medication
If you are bigger than the game, you get away with whatever no matter how bad it looks.

Well done Urbs :clap:

And what he taught his Florida players, if you start losing, blame it on an illness.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what you got from my response:L

Yes — that is what they listed in the final report. I have no clue what Cyber Crimes were or what financial irresponsibilities were taken? They just listed all the transgressions and followed it up by saying Meyer never wrote him up or investigated any of them. They had possible NCAA violations but don’t list what that is either.

Personally — I still don’t thin Meyer should be suspended, but they need a new coat of paint in the practice facilities, because no one but die hard OSU fans will believe his moral high ground stance he talks about so often. That ship has sailed. In the end though — he just proved what everyone knew from his days at UF — great coach, but as shady as they come (as almost all elite coaches are to an extent).
Uh huh. Well he's only guilty of choosing loyalty to his mentor over embarrassing the program and, honestly, winning. He should've fired the guy obviously. If that's the shadiest thing a coach can do in your mind, so be it.

I can tell you this - he doesn't, and has never, allowed a convicted felon to suit up for the Buckeyes. Let me know when your coach shows real respect to women, like you and MnB are idiotically preaching about.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what he taught his Florida players, if you start losing, blame it on an illness.

That mess at the end of his Florida days was getting out of hand. So he let it die down for a year or so and off to OSU with the wife beater.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has nothing to do with him supposedly lying. They would be in this spot anyhow no matter what, poor connection on your part.

I read that as I'm sorry us people in power didn't do a better job managing personnel and bring embarrassment onto the program.
If he said “yeah I know about it and I made a bad decision but did follow proper protocol” this never blows up to this size.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t believe her in 2009, 2015, or 2018? That’s right he didn’t know about his wife’s text messages lol

Shady shit man. Cover up is just that

Why didn’t he tell OSU about Smith in 2009? Was it his medication again? Poor guy sounds like he’s ready for a nursing home.
Are you still trolling? I guess everyone needs a hobby.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they sat together in that room all day brainstorming how to get out of this mess while keeping Meyer, and they really came up with a doozie. If I am a Buckeye fan I am nervous about how their school is ran when all the big wigs are in a room all day thinking of a way to get out of this mess and they end up creating an even bigger mess.

Sometimes the media does good things, this is one of them, continuing to hold a university and a coach accountable for basically thinking we are all stupid. This thing is far from over for Meyer and tOSU and by the end of this year Ohio State academia side will say enough is enough and push Meyer and the AD out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they sat together in that room all day brainstorming how to get out of this mess while keeping Meyer, and they really came up with a doozie. If I am a Buckeye fan I am nervous about how their school is ran when all the big wigs are in a room all day thinking of a way to get out of this mess and they end up creating an even bigger mess.

Sometimes the media does good things, this is one of them, continuing to hold a university and a coach accountable for basically thinking we are all stupid. This thing is far from over for Meyer and tOSU and by the end of this year Ohio State academia side will say enough is enough and push Meyer and the AD out.

Still pissed off about that national title ass kicking the Buckeyes put on your Quack Attack?

And you really think by the end of the year (December 31, 2018) Ohio State will push Meyer out?:pound:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he said “yeah I know about it and I made a bad decision but did follow proper protocol” this never blows up to this size.
Maybe, maybe not. He might not have been suspended, but I think the investigation is happening anyhow.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are facts bud. No more rainbros ?? I’m hurt
Awe it sounds like that rainbow is still hurting your little feelings. Little ones worry about the ratings.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meyer is the scarecrow - Needs a brain
Meyer is the Tin man - Needs a heart
Ohio State is the Lion - Needs courage
Buckeye Nation is Dorothy - Clueless

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh. Well he's only guilty of choosing loyalty to his mentor over embarrassing the program and, honestly, winning. He should've fired the guy obviously. If that's the shadiest thing a coach can do in your mind, so be it.

I can tell you this - he doesn't, and has never, allowed a convicted felon to suit up for the Buckeyes. Let me know when your coach shows real respect to women, like you and MnB are idiotically preaching about.

Did you just say he chose loyalty over the program and winning?!?:pound:

Newsflash — Smith kept a job because he is/was a tremendous recruiter. I’m guessing Smith stayed with Meyer so long, because from the sound of it — he could do whatever the hell he wanted without fear of repercussion. How does an employed coach get accused of truancy and still have a job?!?!

If Harbaugh had that saying on the wall of a football building and preached about the moral high ground, etc and something like this happened to him — I’d be giving him the same shit. Meyer is the one with it in big bold letters in the practice facility. I’d be willing to guarantee over the next few days, you will see articles written about this exact same thing laughing at the hypocrisy of it — hell, I’m sure they are out there now.

It is only a secret to the blind faithful at OSU. Meyer has been shady for a long time. He kept it under wraps for a few at OSU, but the report just shows OSU was better at keep it a secret than UF.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pissed off about that national title ass kicking the Buckeyes put on your Quack Attack?

And you really think by the end of the year (December 31, 2018) Ohio State will push Meyer out?:pound:
That's just OD doing typical OD stuff.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anything is possible but people have short memories. Other that some good gameday signs this wont matter much by the end of the season.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. He might not have been suspended, but I think the investigation is happening anyhow.
There might have been an internal investigation but the original statement made it look like a cover up had occurred. It was the butterfly flap that caused a hurricane.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ask Ohio to remember the media doing this to their beloved Buckeye football program come 2020. Remember don't believe their politics.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see his response to what he would say to Courtney Smith, it’s like he took PR advice from Michigan State.

I think he didnt believe her and didnt feel like he should apologize to her.

“I could have done more and should have done more to help you.”

Whether he believes her allegations or not this is about damage control at this point.

“I’m sorry we are in this situation” sounds more like he’s sorry that he got caught lying than anything else.
He once again didn't choose very good words, but I'd bet he was told not to apologize so it wouldn't give her ammo in a lawsuit. They can't say sorry without leaving themselves open and Courtney is for sure the type to go after money.

Everything said by all of them was carefully worded. Meyer just isn't as quick on his feet with words.

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how self-righteous everyone is over this despite the fact there's plenty of reason to think Courtney has been at the very least just as guilty for the things that happened with Zach.
I've said all along she's as goofy as a shit house mouse. However, she wasn't an employee of tOSU. If she would have been, then tOSU would have had to nutty employees to fire.