• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously the Ohio State athletic department and Urban Meyer are insulting "Buckeye Nation's" intelligence with that garbage that his medication makes him forgetful.

LMAO!!!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously the Ohio State athletic department and Urban Meyer are insulting "Buckeye Nation's" intelligence with that garbage that his medication makes him forgetful.

LMAO!!!
I believe that as much as I believe White Goodman didn’t hit Kate in the face on purpose.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious Urbs thinks he’s bigger than the game and bigger than OSU. Just obvious shady shit from the report.

The three things that stuck out the most were: 1. Ohio State attributed his media days debacle to memory loss due to medication he takes, 2. Meyer never mentioned Zach Smith’s 2009 arrest to anyone at Ohio State and 3. Meyer seemed to have deleted all of his old text messages

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the whole investigation found nothing out about the alleged abuse, did it? Blinders and loopholes because I'm stating facts?

So I guess the report which states “Meyer had a blind spot for Zach Smith, never investigated his behavior, never wrote a report about his transgressions and gave him no disciplinary action at all until July 23, 2018” is lying too?

The report lists:
Promiscuous and Embarrassing Sexual Behavior
Drug abuse
Dishonesty
Truancy
Financial irresponsibility
Possible NCAA violations
Financial irresponsibilities
Lengthy police investigations into criminal domestic violence and cyber crimes

So Urban puts up treat women with respect, yet in 2 weeks, an investigation team found how many times Meyer knew about Smith’s transgressions and he did nothing but give him a warning?

Maybe they should add — treat women with respect, unless you are a coach, then I will let it slide for a decade.

If you can see the hypocrisy between what is on the wall of the football building and Meyer’s actions in all of this — then I can’t help you. It is blatant.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying Urbs is coaching Bowling green by 2020 and Zach goes with him after extensive “therapy” that helped change his ways.

What a bunch of crock

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious Urbs thinks he’s bigger than the game and bigger than OSU. Just obvious shady shit from the report.

The three things that stuck out the most were: 1. Ohio State attributed his media days debacle to memory loss due to medication he takes, 2. Meyer never mentioned Zach Smith’s 2009 arrest to anyone at Ohio State and 3. Meyer seemed to have deleted all of his old text messages
Did you see his response to what he would say to Courtney Smith, it’s like he took PR advice from Michigan State.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see his response to what he would say to Courtney Smith, it’s like he took PR advice from Michigan State.
I think he didnt believe her and didnt feel like he should apologize to her.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the report which states “Meyer had a blind spot for Zach Smith, never investigated his behavior, never wrote a report about his transgressions and gave him no disciplinary action at all until July 23, 2018” is lying too?

The report lists:
Promiscuous and Embarrassing Sexual Behavior
Drug abuse
Dishonesty
Truancy
Financial irresponsibility
Possible NCAA violations
Financial irresponsibilities
Lengthy police investigations into criminal domestic violence and cyber crimes

So Urban puts up treat women with respect, yet in 2 weeks, an investigation team found how many times Meyer knew about Smith’s transgressions and he did nothing but give him a warning?

Maybe they should add — treat women with respect, unless you are a coach, then I will let it slide for a decade.

If you can see the hypocrisy between what is on the wall of the football building and Meyer’s actions in all of this — then I can’t help you. It is blatant.
Cyber crimes? Also, what's the difference between "Financial irresponsibility" and "Financial irresponsibilities"?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. It was all robot like to save face.

“But..but he’s not covering anything up. It’s all a witch hunt.”

Urbs isn’t done with this. It’s just getting started. Dude is going to have a hard time outside of Columbus.

All these articles mentioning him and Joe Pa... :L it’s going to take a toll whether he wins or loses

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he supposed to say exactly?
“I could have done more and should have done more to help you.”

Whether he believes her allegations or not this is about damage control at this point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whether he believes her allegations or not this is about damage control at this point.
That would've been pretty foolish. He couldn't have done more and couldn't have helped her. He doesn't need to bend over to the SJW crowd. He made the right call.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he didnt believe her and didnt feel like he should apologize to her.

Didn’t believe her in 2009, 2015, or 2018? That’s right he didn’t know about his wife’s text messages lol

Shady shit man. Cover up is just that

Why didn’t he tell OSU about Smith in 2009? Was it his medication again? Poor guy sounds like he’s ready for a nursing home.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would've been pretty foolish. He couldn't have done more and couldn't have helped her. He doesn't need to bend over to the SJW crowd. He made the right call.
“I’m sorry we are in this situation” sounds more like he’s sorry that he got caught lying than anything else.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the mothers of all these OSU players and recruits are saying to their kids when they tell them “bitch was crazy”. :lol:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he should had said more for damage control. He looked pissed and didnt want to pander to the masses. Wrong move IMO.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #Shh hashtag Zach Smith used on the twitter makes sense now, I never understood before

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyber crimes? Also, what's the difference between "Financial irresponsibility" and "Financial irresponsibilities"?

That’s what you got from my response:L

Yes — that is what they listed in the final report. I have no clue what Cyber Crimes were or what financial irresponsibilities were taken? They just listed all the transgressions and followed it up by saying Meyer never wrote him up or investigated any of them. They had possible NCAA violations but don’t list what that is either.

Personally — I still don’t thin Meyer should be suspended, but they need a new coat of paint in the practice facilities, because no one but die hard OSU fans will believe his moral high ground stance he talks about so often. That ship has sailed. In the end though — he just proved what everyone knew from his days at UF — great coach, but as shady as they come (as almost all elite coaches are to an extent).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I’m sorry we are in this situation” sounds more like he’s sorry that he got caught lying than anything else.
That has nothing to do with him supposedly lying. They would be in this spot anyhow no matter what, poor connection on your part.

I read that as I'm sorry us people in power didn't do a better job managing personnel and bring embarrassment onto the program.