• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, you said the fact he hadn't already released it was basically proof it didn't exist. A few of you were on about that.

I said there could be plenty of reasons he was holding it, and it appears that was correct.
I didn't "basically" say anything. I definitely said it was highly unlikely. Did he actually give a reason for withholding it for so long?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear: I agree with the suspension. While they proved he didn't cover anything up, he clearly should've fired Smith earlier.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing just bothers the shit out of me.

I can't believe this is happening to Meyer.

The fact that other grown men allowed it all to happen pisses me off more.

The pussification of sports is now complete. I hope these fags are happy with the results.

I knew when they let them bitches in the locker rooms and on the sidelines the end was near....:2cents:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear: I agree with the suspension. While they proved he didn't cover anything up, he clearly should've fired Smith earlier.
Well we don’t know if he covered something up because he covered his tracks by Clearing out his text messages to make sure no one could find out.

Definitely shady.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we don’t know if he covered something up because he covered his tracks by Clearing out his text messages to make sure no one could find out.

Definitely shady.
There's nothing left to cover up, unless ZS was involved in 9/11 or something.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing left to cover up, unless ZS was involved in 9/11 or something.
Then why did Urban go and delete out hundreds or thousands of texts to hide them from the investigators?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with whole thing is this, I just don't give a fuck

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing just bothers the shit out of me.

I can't believe this is happening to Meyer.

The fact that other grown men allowed it all to happen pisses me off more.

The pussification of sports is now complete. I hope these fags are happy with the results.

I knew when they let them bitches in the locker rooms and on the sidelines the end was near....:2cents:
I like to see guys pushed off their pedestal. College football coaches are egomaniacs (the biggest likely being in south bend). Quit pretending to be anything but a football coach because we know at the end of the day all you care about is how your team performs. I don’t care if he gets suspended, fired, or keeps his job. Just start exposing these guys as the frauds they are.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely shady.

"I'm sorry we're in this situation" - Meyer

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did it say he deleted hundreds or thousands of texts?
Any texts over a year old. You think he only had 3 texts on his phone over a year and couldn’t figure out how to delete them? Don’t be so daft.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any texts over a year old. You think he only had 3 texts on his phone over a year and couldn’t figure out how to delete them? Don’t be so daft.
Hundreds or thousands, huh?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no police reports saying anything actually was proven. We already know for a fact he wasn't actually arrested in 2015, so I don't know why you're trying to play that angle.

There's no blind eye to turn. There was no coverup, as badly as you want that to be the case. Everyone knew about the 2015 allegations, most importantly the police, yet literally nothing - not one single piece of evidence or one other person - has come out saying they believe Courtney is telling the truth.

I've said several times that I believe Zach is a shit person, and that's still very much my stance. I agree he should've been fired a few years ago, and IMO, that's a fair reason to suspend Urban. However, stop trying to make this into a situation where everyone saw him beating her and nobody did anything, because there's simply no proof of that.

Since Zach Smith was falsely accused of domestic violence over the last 10 years — I’m sure he has filed multiple cases against Courtney Smith for filing false police reports, right?
Especially right now — as soon as this story came out — I’m sure he ran right to the court to file charges against her — which ANYONE would do if they were fired for false police reports. Where are they?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no police reports saying anything actually was proven. We already know for a fact he wasn't actually arrested in 2015, so I don't know why you're trying to play that angle.

There's no blind eye to turn. There was no coverup, as badly as you want that to be the case. Everyone knew about the 2015 allegations, most importantly the police, yet literally nothing - not one single piece of evidence or one other person - has come out saying they believe Courtney is telling the truth.

I've said several times that I believe Zach is a shit person, and that's still very much my stance. I agree he should've been fired a few years ago, and IMO, that's a fair reason to suspend Urban. However, stop trying to make this into a situation where everyone saw him beating her and nobody did anything, because there's simply no proof of that.

You're going to brush off that Urban never told anyone (including Gene Smith ) about Zack Smiths arrest in 2009 when he brought him aboard?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Zach Smith was falsely accused of domestic violence over the last 10 years — I’m sure he has filed multiple cases against Courtney Smith for filing false police reports, right?
Especially right now — as soon as this story came out — I’m sure he ran right to the court to file charges against her — which ANYONE would do if they were fired for false police reports. Where are they?
Dude I've commented on this too many times to remember. I believe the truth lies in the middle and that both Zach and Courtney are fucking horrible people. If you want to keep being dramatic, be my guest.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not even heresay to support Courtney. There's nothing. If even one person would corroborate her side of the story it would help. You continue to belie the fact that it's her own mother who has come out against her. You know damn well that if it was the other way around and she and Zach's mother said they saw him hit her, he'd be in prison right now.

You also have no room to talk about shady coaches considering your program has allowed two convicted felons to play on your team over the past 5 years.

There are police reports, there are pictures, there are neighbors calling the cops on Zach Smith. There are restraining orders. There are Personal Protection orders granted by the court.

You don’t need hearsay for her case.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to brush off that Urban never told anyone (including Gene Smith ) about Zack Smiths arrest in 2009 when he brought him aboard?
Did it actually say that? I missed that part.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Smith the guy getting DUIs and not telling his boss and now the guy who was sent to drug rehab but didn't even stay the required amount of time. Him were're giving the benefit of the doubt to. lol