• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Tribe visit the Rangers 6/6 to 6/9

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never hated AJ before he came to Texas but I think I hate him now after watching him play more last year

Damn.....I think that's the best one yet.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: Derek Holland headed to Arizona after #Rangers determined left knee isn't ready for rehab assignment. Fielding better, but not good enough.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Jackson is also starting tonight. You can buy MiLB for 13 a month or $40 for the rest of the year. I would do it but I'm afraid the feed will be shitty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would televise these games.

They do occasionally. Channel 47 in DFW I believe.
Usually only weekend games though.

And feed is always SD (not HD). from what I can remember...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Jackson is also starting tonight. You can buy MiLB for 13 a month or $40 for the rest of the year. I would do it but I'm afraid the feed will be shitty.

Its at Dr. Pepper Ballpark too, I could be there before the start of this one. Have to check the weather though its been raining like hell all day here.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do occasionally. Channel 47 in DFW I believe.
Usually only weekend games though.

And feed is always SD (not HD). from what I can remember...

I was referring more to the camera angle where it's behind home plate and way up.

On a side note: I wonder what they're going to do with Ryan Rua? He's having a damn good year for the Rough Riders at 3B. He can play 1st also. Let's call him up. It can't hurt.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Said to be same surgery Soto had and hopes to be back in the 3-4 weeks? Is Soto an extremely slow healer or is MM anticipating an extremely speedy recovery? Timetables for both recoveries seem to be much different

Moreland is trying to hurry back. He knows he didn't show anything this year so far and he's out of chances to prove himself. He knows the team is done, I think he's just trying to save his job. The front office would have to be idiots to bring him back next year, this is his last shot.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring more to the camera angle where it's behind home plate and way up.

On a side note: I wonder what they're going to do with Ryan Rua? He's having a damn good year for the Rough Riders at 3B. He can play 1st also. Let's call him up. It can't hurt.

Between Donnie Murphy 2, Gimenez 22, and Chirinos 5, the team has a total of 29 games at 1B. MM will be back next year I would think

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who knows, I think it's safe to say we won't run Murphy out there every night

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is trying to hurry back. He knows he didn't show anything this year so far and he's out of chances to prove himself. He knows the team is done, I think he's just trying to save his job. The front office would have to be idiots to bring him back next year, this is his last shot.

Well considering he hurt himself in ST, its not surprising he wasn't able to show much this year, although the average was actually solid until recently, just no power

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows, I think it's safe to say we won't run Murphy out there every night

I would hope not. Rua is already 24, and is hitting for AVG and power, and his OBP is .395. I'm assuming Gallo takes his ABs at 3rd also. It makes sense to me, but like you said, who knows.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering he hurt himself in ST, its not surprising he wasn't able to show much this year, although the average was actually solid until recently, just no power

That might be the case, but the issue is how many times have we seen this happen with Mitch?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think he's Round Rock bound... or might play 2b or 1b for Frisco...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MiLB First Pitch app is pretty cool. I'll be able to follow that one on my phone while watching our ML AAA team.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he's Round Rock bound... or might play 2b or 1b for Frisco...

You could be right, but I'm all for seeing what we have in some of these kids. Especially if they're playing well and past a certain age. I'd much rather roll Rua out there than Murphy. There's nothing exciting about watching guys play out of position who rarely help us win anyways. Odor and Sardinas make it exciting because they allow us to envision the future. They will take their share of lumps but we're a .500 or worse team anyways.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be the case, but the issue is how many times have we seen this happen with Mitch?

Does that really matter? he's a cheap backup alternative if Prince has struggles coming back

Them being idiots for bringing him back just shows how slanted you are in your view of him, there's no reason to not bring him back as a backup, but as a starter, not so much, he just can't stay healthy

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but I'm all for seeing what we have in some of these kids. Especially if they're playing well and past a certain age. I'd much rather roll Rua out there than Murphy. There's nothing exciting about watching guys play out of position who rarely help us win anyways. Odor and Sardinas make it exciting because they allow us to envision the future. They will take their share of lumps but we're a .500 or worse team anyways.

Rua has 14 games of 1B in rookie ball, granted I also think he's a better option than Murphy but to trumpet him as someone that can play 1B with confidence is overstating it a bit

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that really matter? he's a cheap backup alternative if Prince has struggles coming back

Them being idiots for bringing him back just shows how slanted you are in your view of him, there's no reason to not bring him back as a backup, but as a starter, not so much, he just can't stay healthy

You know just as well as I do that the team was going to give him 130+ games as the DH with everyone healthy. That doesn't sound like a backup to me....

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua has 14 games of 1B in rookie ball, granted I also think he's a better option than Murphy but to trumpet him as someone that can play 1B with confidence is overstating it a bit

I'm sure he'd be confident he could play 1st. We are going to let Adduci play 1st and he's never done it. He's an IF. He can pick it up. Like I said I'm all for watching him learn and see if his bat translates then watch Murphy at 1st.