• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Tribe visit the Rangers 6/6 to 6/9

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see Gallo when the rosters expand and we are out of it to give him some exposure. But not sure how September call ups affect their MLB clock. Was not sure if that is different than the rest of the season. But agree on Chi Chi.

He's not on the 40 man yet....... and I wouldnt put him on the 40 man just to give him some exposure in September.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LuJax potentially....but not Chi Chi. He and Gallo wont see Arlington this year. (unless they buy a ticket or take BP/throw a BP session)

I think in that comment I was talking about both of them having a chance to make the rotation next year. In another statement I said that I thought Jackson could get an opportunity this year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed most of the game and didn't know Odor got hurt.

I see Detroit continues to have problems closing games.

I know this is going to break some of ya's hearts.

"We're going to go by committee right now," Maddon told reporters.

Grant Balfour is out as the Rays' closer after posting a 6.46 ERA in 24 games.
Maddon said he doesn't plan on appointing a new closer and that the role will be spread among several pitchers, giving him "the ability to utilize the whole bullpen." Jake McGee and Juan Carlos Oviedo are among the candidates who could get regular time in the role.

Balfour entered Monday 0-2 with a 6.46 ERA in 24 games and had nine saves in 11 opportunities. He has walked 20 batters in 23 2/3 innings.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with Machado and his temper lately.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just immature, olney wrote something about him being upset b/c the tag forced him to put awkward pressure on his knee and it just set him off

Kind of the same principle when someone/something accidentally hits you in the nose and get mad for no reason, just an emotional response

But still he's taken it too far both times

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maddon said he doesn't plan on appointing a new closer and that the role will be spread among several pitchers, giving him "the ability to utilize the whole bullpen." Jake McGee and Juan Carlos Oviedo are among the candidates who could get regular time in the role.

Balfour entered Monday 0-2 with a 6.46 ERA in 24 games and had nine saves in 11 opportunities. He has walked 20 batters in 23 2/3 innings.
Tampa Bay having a terrible year and should be doing something with Price soon. We obviously cannot afford him, but it will be interesting to see who can. Maybe the Yankees, Nightcrawler.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay having a terrible year and should be doing something with Price soon. We obviously cannot afford him, but it will be interesting to see who can. Maybe the Yankees, Nightcrawler.

I don't see the Yankees trading for him. I doubt Price would sign an extension with NYY and I doubt TB would want to trade Price to an AL team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see the bat incident. But did see his altercation with Donaldson, and it looked like a bunch of nothing to me.

Some on here hate the sight of Donaldson, but in fariness he barely touched Machado. At least it appeared to me. And I saw 3/4 times. It seemed Machado lost his balance and busted his butt, which probably embarrassed him some, so he had to put it on someone.

Like jta said, probably just a little immaturity rearing it's head. No biggie.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the bat incident. But did see his altercation with Donaldson, and it looked like a bunch of nothing to me.

Some on here hate the sight of Donaldson, but in fariness he barely touched Machado. At least it appeared to me. And I saw 3/4 times. It seemed Machado lost his balance and busted his butt, which probably embarrassed him some, so he had to put it on someone.

Like jta said, probably just a little immaturity rearing it's head. No biggie.

Against any other team I might care. I am only mad he didn't hit Donaldson in the face and knock that retarded ass hairdo off his body. Machado acted like a total shitbag, but I actually encourage that type of behavior against the A's. They should be used to it, as their home park is literally a giant toilet.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how it should be all the time. You should ride the hot hand until someone proves themselves worry of the job and then be willing to take it from them if they are not up to the task.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against any other team I might care. I am only mad he didn't hit Donaldson in the face and knock that retarded ass hairdo off his body. Machado acted like a total shitbag, but I actually encourage that type of behavior against the A's. They should be used to it, as their home park is literally a giant toilet.

:10:...one hater heard from. I did get a pretty good chuckle outta your post. Keep up the good work.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: Mitch Moreland to forgo ankle reconstruction. Hopes to be back in 3-4 weeks. MRI on Rougned Odor clean. Will take BP today. #Rangers

Not sure about this, Mitch. This team is not going anywhere.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: Mitch Moreland to forgo ankle reconstruction. Hopes to be back in 3-4 weeks. MRI on Rougned Odor clean. Will take BP today. #Rangers

2nd tweet said he is going to have the same surgery that Soto had in February. So still having surgery....just not reconstruction.

Looks like a Spring Training lineup... Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...I don't get it either. I know guys are scared of surgery, but the sooner you get it done the sooner the recovery starts.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I don't get it either. I know guys are scared of surgery, but the sooner you get it done the sooner the recovery starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on all levels and the haircut certainly warrants him a punch in the face just on principle. While Machado acted out of line possibly I also enjoyed hearing the fact that the O's beaned Donaldson afterwards as well as he is one of the first ones to start yelling crap from the dugout when that team takes offense to something.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Said to be same surgery Soto had and hopes to be back in the 3-4 weeks? Is Soto an extremely slow healer or is MM anticipating an extremely speedy recovery? Timetables for both recoveries seem to be much different