• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Tribe visit the Rangers 6/6 to 6/9

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Scherzer makes it to FA. I think we would have to get involved there. Other than that we might have to move some prospects to acquire a pitcher or 2.

Shields might be the guy I would target... wont cost as much and leave some room to add a few others. Max is the type that could break the bank. Dont get me wrong I would love to have him but I think with all tje pitching depth we will need to add over the off season we might not want to throw it all at one guy.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shields might be the guy I would target... wont cost as much and leave some room to add a few others. Max is the type that could break the bank. Dont get me wrong I would love to have him but I think with all tje pitching depth we will need to add over the off season we might not want to throw it all at one guy.
Shields would be good as well. Think they tried for him before he went to KC.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't hate Shields, but he won't be cheap either. He's the 2nd best FA pitcher out there.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tep has had a couple rough outings but he certainly had the ability to be a competent 4/5 and that's all anyone ever really reasonably expected from him

And don't count Martinez out.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Jackson's stats he might have a good shot at getting called up in Sept. He's logged 400 minor league IP. In 94 IP at the AA level he has a 2.01 ERA with a .947 WHIP. That's pretty damn impressive. His walks are way down this year too.

I'm hoping to catch a Jackson or Chi Chi start in Frisco with Gallo in the line-up.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Ervin Santana and Shields? Lester is also a FA

Yeah, that might be a decent option. I think Lester will end back up with the Sox but who knows, he is a good option as well.

There are some older guys that I wouldn't mind having that we could probably lock up on a one year deal too:

Kuroda-but age may be catching up to him finally
Vogelsong

Also, the guy we faced today, Masterson, isn't too bad either. Also, Peavy's value is likely down... we could gamble on him as he may actually go pretty cheap. Josh Johnson is a gamble too coming off of TJ but could be really cheap.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't count Martinez out.

Didn't, previous conversation was about Tep though

I think Martinez could also shape up as a nice 4-5 type

I think LuJack gets a cup of coffee by the end of the year as well

Not a big ChiChi fan, but I've been wrong before, and its early

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with ya on both Tep/Martinez. Their ceiling is at best a three, but probably more 4/5 and that's fine. Like you said earlier, this was the organizational expectation for them to begin with.

Can't see any reason Jackson wouldn't be up in Sept.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he does make it to FA, but after Fielder and Choo contracts not sure we have the money or inclination to pursue him. Plus we must resign Yu.

Don't think it can emphasized enough how important - if not imperative - to try to get Yu signed long term.

I'm a little concerned he may not be all that interested in doing so though.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we end up at .500 then we've had a good season taking in account all that has happened to this team.

I felt last week if the team finished .500 with all that has gone wrong injury-wise so far I would chalk it up to a successful season. Now MM goes down with ankle surgery and they still await the outcome of the further diagnosis with Roogies shoulder. What a year, it has to make history

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May have come across wrong but that was an add on to your reply and directed to the statement you were replying to. LOL! Right about now I feel a "Hey, Mo, hey Larry" routine coming on or "Who's on first"

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt last week if the team finished .500 with all that has gone wrong injury-wise so far I would chalk it up to a successful season. Now MM goes down with ankle surgery and they still await the outcome of the further diagnosis with Roogies shoulder. What a year, it has to make history

Missed most of the game and didn't know Odor got hurt.

I see Detroit continues to have problems closing games.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi and Luke Jackson might get an opportunity also. They might get a chance this year with the way things have been going.

LuJax potentially....but not Chi Chi. He and Gallo wont see Arlington this year. (unless they buy a ticket or take BP/throw a BP session)

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have come across wrong but that was an add on to your reply and directed to the statement you were replying to. LOL! Right about now I feel a "Hey, Mo, hey Larry" routine coming on or "Who's on first"
Nothing wrong with a little Three Stooges, Wastin ;)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LuJax potentially....but not Chi Chi. He and Gallo wont see Arlington this year. (unless they buy a ticket or take BP/throw a BP session)

I could actually see Gallo when the rosters expand and we are out of it to give him some exposure. But not sure how September call ups affect their MLB clock. Was not sure if that is different than the rest of the season. But agree on Chi Chi.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it can emphasized enough how important - if not imperative - to try to get Yu signed long term.

I'm a little concerned he may not be all that interested in doing so though.

Unfortunately, I bet the Yankees are drawing up a contract for him right now.