• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The trade is not going to happen

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word up. I guess my next quuestions would be. Do you want to review some Redskins games from last year perhaps? Look at some stats from games? Phone a riend or use a life life maybe?

Nah, I would just ask one pointed question. Why is it any time some one gives Cousins even the slightest bit of praise or states we would be better off keeping him... we need a book explaining how he wasnt that good and any one could have done what he did. Most of us realize he isnt Rogers, and might never reach that level. But he is better than what we have had, and likely a better option than what we have available beyond him.

But I get it, when you start and end the conversation with.. well he isnt (INsert elite QB here), its pretty obvious nothing he could do would win you over.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I would just ask one pointed question. Why is it any time some one gives Cousins even the slightest bit of praise or states we would be better off keeping him... we need a book explaining how he wasnt that good and any one could have done what he did. Most of us realize he isnt Rogers, and might never reach that level. But he is better than what we have had, and likely a better option than what we have available beyond him.

But I get it, when you start and end the conversation with.. well he isnt (INsert elite QB here), its pretty obvious nothing he could do would win you over.

Petrtaining to your question and my book reports. Cuz people be comin from deep outta Opaloca with some full on bullshit. Such as Cuz played really well 85% of the season. No book report this post though. Not that there isn't one though and I'll gladly post one if need be for any and all games lsted below you call into question. Or you can take off your Kirk Cousins underoos for a day. Which will probably allow clarity and common sense to re-establish themselves as a part of your thought process again.

Pittsburgh game
1st Dallas game
Baltimore game
Arizona game
Carolina game
2nd NYG game

You don't get anything. Its not Kirk Cousins I have a problem with. Its the bullshit, outright lies, or audacious and unctious attitude his fan-boys and apologists take. If anyone dare call into question or disputes that Kirk Cousins is the savior of the Redskins franchise. Simply because they haven't seen great, good, or even competent QBing from the Redskins for any sustainjed period of timde over the last 20+ years.

Maybe its just that y0ou're happy the Skins have been entertaining the last 2 years with Cuz at the helm. So you'll take losing 31-30 as long as Cuz gets his 400 passing yards and 3 TDs and is called the awesome in your fantasy football league.

I don't give a shit about none of that. I'm not a Skins fan bnecause I want them to entertain me. I'd rathetr they win 12-10 or 8-5. They can run the ball 75 times a game and if they win. That's all the entertainment I need.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petrtaining to your question and my book reports. Cuz people be comin from deep outta Opaloca with some full on bullshit. Such as Cuz played really well 85% of the season. No book report this post though. Not that there isn't one though and I'll gladly post one if need be for any and all games lsted below you call into question. Or you can take off your Kirk Cousins underoos for a day. Which will probably allow clarity and common sense to re-establish themselves as a part of your thought process again.

Pittsburgh game
1st Dallas game
Baltimore game
Arizona game
Carolina game
2nd NYG game

You don't get anything. Its not Kirk Cousins I have a problem with. Its the bullshit, outright lies, or audacious and unctious attitude his fan-boys and apologists take. If anyone dare call into question or disputes that Kirk Cousins is the savior of the Redskins franchise. Simply because they haven't seen great, good, or even competent QBing from the Redskins for any sustainjed period of timde over the last 20+ years.

Maybe its just that y0ou're happy the Skins have been entertaining the last 2 years with Cuz at the helm. So you'll take losing 31-30 as long as Cuz gets his 400 passing yards and 3 TDs and is called the awesome in your fantasy football league.

I don't give a shit about none of that. I'm not a Skins fan bnecause I want them to entertain me. I'd rathetr they win 12-10 or 8-5. They can run the ball 75 times a game and if they win. That's all the entertainment I need.

Pitt game ,- he threw his first int down 17 -6 in the 3rd quarter , his 2nd pick down 38-16 , he threw for over 329 yds and completed 69% of his passes . defense failed to show as well

1st dallas game threw for 364 yds and gave defense 23=20 lead with 5 minutes left in game but threw that huge pick on him

baltimore defense played very very well KC threw go ahead td

az game back and forth game defense certainly didnt hold , gave up 31 points

carolina no run game KC rushing leader with 11 yds and defense staked carolina to 23-9 lead LOOKs like team failure

giants game KC had bad game but again no run game at all

now i dont know what lies you are referring too

the guy has a good amount of team records , has back to back winning seasons for us for first time since 96/7 some of his numbers are in historical NFL all time areas

now is he the best thing since sliced bread ? no is he the shit head you make him out to be ? no

Burnsie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Once Colin Kaepernick officially opts out of his contract Thursday (which he just did), the 49ers won't have a single QB under contract."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pittsburgh game
1st Dallas game
Baltimore game
Arizona game
Carolina game
2nd NYG game

OK so basically you are pissed that people think Cousins is our best realistic option at this time and dont agree with you that we would be better served chasing elite. And because people dont agree with you, its a good time to dissect every mistake he made during the season and gloss over any positives he had from the season.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins might have gotten blind lucky in this case. But until they figure out who's running the show between Allen and Scott, nothing sensible is going to happen. Ultimately, Scott has to win control, or we're bleeped. We may be bleeped already, but news like this and SF having no QB certainly doesn't hurt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins might have gotten blind lucky in this case. But until they figure out who's running the show between Allen and Scott, nothing sensible is going to happen. Ultimately, Scott has to win control, or we're bleeped. We may be bleeped already, but news like this and SF having no QB certainly doesn't hurt.
take what the press says with a grain of salt

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt game ,- he threw his first int down 17 -6 in the 3rd quarter , his 2nd pick down 38-16 , he threw for over 329 yds and completed 69% of his passes . defense failed to show as well

My post wasn't about the defense. It was about Shark's claim that KC played very well in 85% of the Redskins games lastr year. Put kindly, that's bullshit.

So what far as 329 yards and 69%. Good grief some of you cats. KC's first pick was a forced throw to Reed with 3 Steelers surrounding him. While Vernon Davis was riunning dowsn the right hash completely uncovered. He threw late to Reed in the redzone early in the game as Chris Thompson was coming open and PG was WIED open across the middle on a 2nd and 6 or so. Very next play he threw a ball straight into the dirt to a wide open JC who easliy gets the 1st don and keeps the drive.

1st dallas game threw for 364 yds and gave defense 23=20 lead with 5 minutes left in game but threw that huge pick on him

That huge pick you say. You mean the one on the drive where it was almost crminal how badly he underthrew a wide open Dotson, that pick? But KC did drive the Skins drive down to the Dallas 6 yd ln. It ws there on 3rd dn that he threw that pick and threw about 2-3 seconds too late cuz he had tunnel vision for JR for the 2nd week in a row. That pick when the Skins were up 23-20 at the time and that pic meant no increasing the lead, gave the ball and ol' mo back to the Cowboys. And........the score should've been 44-23 at the time of that pick or at the very worst, 37-23. As Cuz missed 3 TDs up to that point and those were just the ones not in the red zone. He missed a couple from the red zone as well and the Skins were a shoddy 2-6 in said red zone. Lets review shall we.

364 passing yards/1 passing TD vs 3+ missed TD passes to open WRs, a craptacular 2/6 in the red zone, HUGE pick in end zone from the Dallas 6 yd ln all in a game the Skins lost by 4 more than the Boys won.

baltimore defense played very very well KC threw go ahead td

And a yard away from throwing the go ahead pick 6 as he and he Skins were saved by the dumbest rule next to the tuck rule. What's that saying, its better to be lucky than good and the Redskins offense who mustered up 1 TD and a FG on 13 drives weren't that good that day.

az game back and forth game defense certainly didnt hold , gave up 31 points

We could've cetrtainly could've done better far as the back n forth if A) Don't suffer another critical red zone failure coming away with 3 instead of 7 even though 7 was there to be had. On a 3rd n gaol from the 1 yd ln. Cuz attempts a fade to 5'8" Djax being covered by Patrick Peterson wider right on a play that never had a chance, Had Cousins instead looked to over more options (and he was never under any pressure) or simply looked left (which seems more logical given PP was on Djax) He'd of seen JC break qwide open almost immediately. As JC and PG ran a rub or pick route to perfection. Cuz didn't and so we ended with a 20 yd FG instead of a 1 yd TD pass. So instead of a 10-10 at halftime. The Skins were down 10-6.

The Skins did take a 13-10 lead tsaking the 2nd half KO in for a TD and after Ari missed a FG att pehaps had a chance to increase that lead. Till a Cousins fumble which which recovered by Ari at the Wash 30 yd ln squashed that hope. Ari scored a TD 17-13 Cards. The Skins responded with a TD of their own on a Cuzx to JC TD pass, Skins 20-17, Ari scores immediatley afterward, Cards 24-20 and the gaqme is getting that whoeverhas the ball last vibe. Unfortuantley the Skins can only add a FG on their next drive making it 24-23 Cards and wghen the Cards score on the next possession making it 31-23. The Skins get the nball back at their 25 with 1:56 left in the game.

They drive down to the Cards 28 yd ln with plenty time, 52 sec, left and on a 2nd n 4 and under pressure from a blitzing DJ Swearinger. Cuz terribly misses an open Djax running a crossing route (he easily gets the first dn and maybe scores with a on target pass hiting him in stride). On 3rd n 4 at the Cards 28, Swearinger blitzes again and whether it spooked Cousins I dunno, but he had time, but again badly misfires (this time to JC on a crossing route and he gets a 1st dn easy with a decent pass and maybe scores if he's hit in stride) this misfired pass looks to be thrown more to Peterson than any Redskin and PP obilges with a game clinching INT.

Cuz didn't play bad in this game for the most part, byut what had become an all too familair scene. Fails to lead the Skins to a TD in the red zone...again. Had 2 killer turnovers that the Cards take full advantage of. Fails to make not 1, but 2 plays that were there to be made from the Cards 28 yd ln and while not playing bad. With these mistakes and in the times that they came. He didn't play really well, certainly not when it counted, either.

carolina no run game KC rushing leader with 11 yds and defense staked carolina to 23-9 lead LOOKs like team failure

Terrible game from a play calling aspect. Looked like McVay tried playing hero ball, it didn't work. Everyone from tyhe HC down looked terrible

KC had bad game

Heh. Is this really the only bad game Cuz had in your opinioon? Still with a chance to pull it out till he launched that soul crusher INT.

now i dont know what lies you are referring too

the KC was the awesome 85% of all game time in 2016 is a lie.

the guy has a good amount of team records , has back to back winning seasons for us for first time since 96/7 some of his numbers are in historical NFL all time areas

The team records, barely back to back winning seasons and whatever historical numbers of which you speak don't impress me. At least not anywhere close to how they impress you apparently.

I said right after the season that Cuz is a tease. A really good tease ay times, but a tease nontheless. Who's managed to to make a whole lotta noise, but hasn't really said anything of substance

now is he the best thing since sliced bread ? no is he the shit head you make him out to be ? no

I don't think I've made him out to be a shithead. But if so, its mostly because of the porftion of tyhe KC bandwagon that act like his shit doesn't stink.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you over analyze

Burnsie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Gruden and the Redskins FO are comfortable with only having KC this year, then next year going with Sudfield as the starting QB? And this scenario was always in play when they negotiated with KC both this year and last year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Gruden and the Redskins FO are comfortable with only having KC this year, then next year going with Sudfield as the starting QB? And this scenario was always in play when they negotiated with KC both this year and last year.

Well, at least the ole' "STATUE" of liberty play becomes an option.:heh:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press is NOT the enemy here or ever.

I would not give them too much credit. Maybe a few. The Skins do not make it easy on them. JReid did them no favors and was a Cowboy fan. Chris Russell has been whining forever and IMO the worst of whatever he is, Brewer is a guy who was in Seattle and many think putting out the SM line. In the end media is about getting you to read, click, watch or listen to whatever media they dispense.

At the same time we all think Dan has tried to control the message coming out of Redskin Park since he has owned the team.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want, but I don't a trade is off the table. IF the compensation/contract from a team like the 49ers is appealing AND the trade compensation is good enough for the Redskins, I could still see it going down. Not necessarily wishing for that, but it could happen.

One could say that putting the exclusive tag on KC shows him that we want him long term, which is very true. But what if also does is give us leverage with trade compensation and what we might feel like he is worth, which may be more than 2 first rounders given the demand for a quality QB and lack of quality options.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take what the press says with a grain of salt
Well... with the news that came out shortly after our posts, either the local media is full-out bold-faced lying, or there are major issues about GMSM's status with the Skins - to say the least.

I think the term "we're bleeped" applies.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post wasn't about the defense. It was about Shark's claim that KC played very well in 85% of the Redskins games lastr year. Put kindly, that's bullshit.

So what far as 329 yards and 69%. Good grief some of you cats. KC's first pick was a forced throw to Reed with 3 Steelers surrounding him. While Vernon Davis was riunning dowsn the right hash completely uncovered. He threw late to Reed in the redzone early in the game as Chris Thompson was coming open and PG was WIED open across the middle on a 2nd and 6 or so. Very next play he threw a ball straight into the dirt to a wide open JC who easliy gets the 1st don and keeps the drive.

That huge pick you say. You mean the one on the drive where it was almost crminal how badly he underthrew a wide open Dotson, that pick? But KC did drive the Skins drive down to the Dallas 6 yd ln. It ws there on 3rd dn that he threw that pick and threw about 2-3 seconds too late cuz he had tunnel vision for JR for the 2nd week in a row. That pick when the Skins were up 23-20 at the time and that pic meant no increasing the lead, gave the ball and ol' mo back to the Cowboys. And........the score should've been 44-23 at the time of that pick or at the very worst, 37-23. As Cuz missed 3 TDs up to that point and those were just the ones not in the red zone. He missed a couple from the red zone as well and the Skins were a shoddy 2-6 in said red zone. Lets review shall we.

364 passing yards/1 passing TD vs 3+ missed TD passes to open WRs, a craptacular 2/6 in the red zone, HUGE pick in end zone from the Dallas 6 yd ln all in a game the Skins lost by 4 more than the Boys won.

And a yard away from throwing the go ahead pick 6 as he and he Skins were saved by the dumbest rule next to the tuck rule. What's that saying, its better to be lucky than good and the Redskins offense who mustered up 1 TD and a FG on 13 drives weren't that good that day.

We could've cetrtainly could've done better far as the back n forth if A) Don't suffer another critical red zone failure coming away with 3 instead of 7 even though 7 was there to be had. On a 3rd n gaol from the 1 yd ln. Cuz attempts a fade to 5'8" Djax being covered by Patrick Peterson wider right on a play that never had a chance, Had Cousins instead looked to over more options (and he was never under any pressure) or simply looked left (which seems more logical given PP was on Djax) He'd of seen JC break qwide open almost immediately. As JC and PG ran a rub or pick route to perfection. Cuz didn't and so we ended with a 20 yd FG instead of a 1 yd TD pass. So instead of a 10-10 at halftime. The Skins were down 10-6.

The Skins did take a 13-10 lead tsaking the 2nd half KO in for a TD and after Ari missed a FG att pehaps had a chance to increase that lead. Till a Cousins fumble which which recovered by Ari at the Wash 30 yd ln squashed that hope. Ari scored a TD 17-13 Cards. The Skins responded with a TD of their own on a Cuzx to JC TD pass, Skins 20-17, Ari scores immediatley afterward, Cards 24-20 and the gaqme is getting that whoeverhas the ball last vibe. Unfortuantley the Skins can only add a FG on their next drive making it 24-23 Cards and wghen the Cards score on the next possession making it 31-23. The Skins get the nball back at their 25 with 1:56 left in the game.

They drive down to the Cards 28 yd ln with plenty time, 52 sec, left and on a 2nd n 4 and under pressure from a blitzing DJ Swearinger. Cuz terribly misses an open Djax running a crossing route (he easily gets the first dn and maybe scores with a on target pass hiting him in stride). On 3rd n 4 at the Cards 28, Swearinger blitzes again and whether it spooked Cousins I dunno, but he had time, but again badly misfires (this time to JC on a crossing route and he gets a 1st dn easy with a decent pass and maybe scores if he's hit in stride) this misfired pass looks to be thrown more to Peterson than any Redskin and PP obilges with a game clinching INT.

Cuz didn't play bad in this game for the most part, byut what had become an all too familair scene. Fails to lead the Skins to a TD in the red zone...again. Had 2 killer turnovers that the Cards take full advantage of. Fails to make not 1, but 2 plays that were there to be made from the Cards 28 yd ln and while not playing bad. With these mistakes and in the times that they came. He didn't play really well, certainly not when it counted, either.

Terrible game from a play calling aspect. Looked like McVay tried playing hero ball, it didn't work. Everyone from tyhe HC down looked terrible

Heh. Is this really the only bad game Cuz had in your opinioon? Still with a chance to pull it out till he launched that soul crusher INT.

the KC was the awesome 85% of all game time in 2016 is a lie.

The team records, barely back to back winning seasons and whatever historical numbers of which you speak don't impress me. At least not anywhere close to how they impress you apparently.

I said right after the season that Cuz is a tease. A really good tease ay times, but a tease nontheless. Who's managed to to make a whole lotta noise, but hasn't really said anything of substance

I don't think I've made him out to be a shithead. But if so, its mostly because of the porftion of tyhe KC bandwagon that act like his shit doesn't stink.

Great post. It actually tells the real story behind the stats. Some people don't realize this how many miss opportunies happen in these games. Nice job.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, you don't get it and I've already told you my viewpoint as it concern Kirk, a couple times even. You just refuse to accept those reasons. Opting instead to go with what you think are my reasons which by the way. range from the silly and juvenile to ridiculous and asinine. Its the same tired shit you always try and pull with @deanpet21. Cuz he had the audacity to commit blasphemy in your mind when he had a simple change of opinion concerning Kirk.

And your rationales are wrong anyway. At least if the most recent poll I saw is an accurate gauge. You said most Skins reject Kirk cause he doesn'ty create the buzz that Griffin did. Well according to said poll by hogshaven.com of the 800+ people who voted, and I'm assuming the vast majority were Skins fans. 54% say he should be signed long term, 37% say he shouldn't be signed long term with 9% say they don't know.

Cuz has also become quite the known figure in fact Cousins franchise tag sparks serious interest on social media

Once it became official that the Redskins placed the exclusive franchise tag on Cousins, the NFL social media universe began reporting on this latest contract development in a profound fashion.

Cousins has become a household name amongst NFL fans as a result of his on the field statistical achievements, robust interest in his negotiations, and his first appearance in the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl.

Looks like Cuz has become quite capable in the creating a buzz dept,

Ande I've only compared him to 2 elite QBs (Luck n Rodgers) and that stems from A) another poster posting that he wouldn't take any other QB in the NFL right now over Cuz for the next 5 years B) Several posters including you. Saying Cuz has better stats and more wins than Andrew Luck over the last 2 years and he should get a Luck type contract. And while it is true his stats and w/L record have been better than Luck's the last 2 years. No context was offered. Such as Luck was injured all of 2015 and missed several games. Or that Luck just may play on the team with the least amount of talent compared to any pother elite QB in the NFL.

And show me where I've disputed with any poster who gave Cuz the slightest bit of praise. Or where I said the Skins would be better off w/o him. I'm not recalling that whatsoever.

I believe I also told you just a couple days that losing Cuz...for whatever reason would very likely hurt the Skins in the short term, but long term I don't know.