• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Super Bowl Nobody Wants: Jags vs Vikes

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list was written by a retard.

He was not an impressive college QB.

Not in any way. Dreisbach, more impressive.

Greise's wife is from my hometown. Now that guy was impressive.
bradys numbers werent impressive because he split time.

over 61% comp
2/1 TD/INT ratio his last 2 years (30/16)

i'm not saying he was a world beater, but he wasnt as bad as people may recall.

Remembering Tom Brady's best Michigan moments

As part of the Tom Brady suspension tour, the two-time NFL MVP is returning to Ann Arbor this Saturday to be the honorary captain when fourth-ranked Michigan takes on Colorado. It will be the first time Brady is back at Michigan Stadium for a football game since his last home game in 1999.

As a student at Michigan from 1995-1999, Brady was a backup quarterback for the Wolverines' 1997 national championship team. He started in 1998 and 1999, going 20-5 with 5,222 yards passing and 35 touchdowns.

Brady’s last 3 games donning maize and blue were his most memorable:

1999 vs. No. 6 Penn State

No. 16 Michigan traveled to Happy Valley to take on No. 6 Penn State in the second-to-last regular-season game. The Nittany Lions held a 27-17 lead before Brady ran for a 5-yd TD to bring the Wolverines within three points with 3:26 remaining.

After a three-and-out on Penn State's ensuing possession, Brady drove Michigan 65 yards down the field and hit Marcus Knight for a go-ahead touchdown to cap off the comeback.

1999 vs. Ohio State

One week after beating Penn State on the road, the Wolverines returned to Michigan Stadium, where Brady made his last appearance at the Big House. He led Michigan with two touchdown passes in a 27-17 win that kept the Buckeyes out of a bowl game.

It was the only season Ohio State missed a bowl game between 1989 and 2011. Michigan has beaten the Buckeyes only three times since then.

2000 Orange Bowl

After beating Ohio State to end the regular season, Michigan received an invite to the Orange Bowl to face running back Shaun Alexander and No. 5 Alabama. In arguably his best performance with the Wolverines, Brady threw for 369 yards, four touchdowns and led the team back from two 14-point deficits (14-0 in the first half, 28-14 in the second half).

Tied at 28 at the end of the fourth quarter, Brady threw the go-ahead touchdown to tight end Shawn Thompson in overtime. Michigan sealed the game when Alabama missed their extra point on the ensuing touchdown drive. That season also marked the last time Michigan finished in the AP top 5 (finished fifth).

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he was the 7th best QB in the draft apparently.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares about nobody-F-em

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got lucky throwing 4tds 369 yards to win the Orange Bowl over Bama, down 14 in first half and then again in second half, scrub. Surprised he got picked before the the 200th, figured be a walk-on somewhere

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling that the Patriot dynasty ends Sunday. It's been a historic run by the Pats.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough draft class with Tee Martin, gave Tenn their National title, something that Nationwide jingle writer couldn't do

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradys numbers werent impressive because he split time.

over 61% comp
2/1 TD/INT ratio his last 2 years (30/16)

i'm not saying he was a world beater, but he wasnt as bad as people may recall.

Remembering Tom Brady's best Michigan moments

As part of the Tom Brady suspension tour, the two-time NFL MVP is returning to Ann Arbor this Saturday to be the honorary captain when fourth-ranked Michigan takes on Colorado. It will be the first time Brady is back at Michigan Stadium for a football game since his last home game in 1999.

As a student at Michigan from 1995-1999, Brady was a backup quarterback for the Wolverines' 1997 national championship team. He started in 1998 and 1999, going 20-5 with 5,222 yards passing and 35 touchdowns.

Brady’s last 3 games donning maize and blue were his most memorable:

1999 vs. No. 6 Penn State

No. 16 Michigan traveled to Happy Valley to take on No. 6 Penn State in the second-to-last regular-season game. The Nittany Lions held a 27-17 lead before Brady ran for a 5-yd TD to bring the Wolverines within three points with 3:26 remaining.

After a three-and-out on Penn State's ensuing possession, Brady drove Michigan 65 yards down the field and hit Marcus Knight for a go-ahead touchdown to cap off the comeback.

1999 vs. Ohio State

One week after beating Penn State on the road, the Wolverines returned to Michigan Stadium, where Brady made his last appearance at the Big House. He led Michigan with two touchdown passes in a 27-17 win that kept the Buckeyes out of a bowl game.

It was the only season Ohio State missed a bowl game between 1989 and 2011. Michigan has beaten the Buckeyes only three times since then.

2000 Orange Bowl

After beating Ohio State to end the regular season, Michigan received an invite to the Orange Bowl to face running back Shaun Alexander and No. 5 Alabama. In arguably his best performance with the Wolverines, Brady threw for 369 yards, four touchdowns and led the team back from two 14-point deficits (14-0 in the first half, 28-14 in the second half).

Tied at 28 at the end of the fourth quarter, Brady threw the go-ahead touchdown to tight end Shawn Thompson in overtime. Michigan sealed the game when Alabama missed their extra point on the ensuing touchdown drive. That season also marked the last time Michigan finished in the AP top 5 (finished fifth).
He split time because he wasn't impressive.

I was in the locker room pregame, when Big Fat McNabb and tOrangemen curbed stomped em at the Big House.

Now there was an impressive college QB.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Seemed like a stretch at the time to me. Lol

But, for real, it did.

(Wore my Bledsoe jersey in protest for that First SB of yours. Im still not over it.)

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Seemed like a stretch at the time to me. Lol

But, for real, it did.

(Wore my Bledsoe jersey in protest for that First SB of yours. Im still not over it.)
Owe Bledsoe a lot for that Super Bowl, he'll be an honorary captain at the AFC Championship on Sunday.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got lucky throwing 4tds 369 yards to win the Orange Bowl over Bama, down 14 in first half and then again in second half, scrub. Surprised he got picked before the the 200th, figured be a walk-on somewhere
UDFA projections from me.

Finally caught Greise in Completion % last year. All those two yard dump offs help.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He split time because he wasn't impressive.

I was in the locker room pregame, when Big Fat McNabb and tOrangemen curbed stomped em at the Big House.

Now there was an impressive college QB.
that makes no sense. why didnt henson play full time then?

people forget brady nearly ended up at USC. mike riley wanted him badly.

lloyd carr had a lot to say about tom. good interview.

VIDEO: Lloyd Carr answers question on why Tom Brady didn't play more at UM

"he had a tremendous senior season"

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for Minnesota-Jacksonville. Probably most people I know would love Minnesota-Jacksonville and just because there's a perception the game would be boring doesn't mean people root against it.

No matter where you stand you must agree that the Philly and the Pats are very high on the list of most dislikeable teams in the entire league. The fact that Minny and Jacksonville are not as polarizing, or even that they wouldn't draw as high ratings, does not mean we don't want it to occur.

What it does mean is that the networks don't want it to occur and that the league probably doesn't want it to occur and THAT is a salient point. However this bullshit "the pats are an amazing franchise and if they don't go to the SB the SB will suck, and Minnesota is just Minnesota" narrative could not be dumber if it tried, and furthermore I very highly suspect the author is a pats fan because a non-pats fan wouldn't write such an article...

Now I am fairly convinced that we will indeed get pats-eagles, but that is the matchup I least want to see and I'd even bet it is the matchup that is least wanted from the nfl viewing public at large as well.

Edit: I was wrong, but not by much with regards to teams. He's from south jersey, and we all know what that means LOL. I kind of feel sorry for him now........

Last edited:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On football in general I will watch the Super Bowl no matter who is in it.
I just love football.
There will never be a boycott at my house, ever.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably in the minority, but I'm dying to see this. It'll be a desperate struggle all game. A meat grinder. Plus it's fresh with new faces.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it yesterday. Good article. Two small market teams that have weak fanbases. Not to mention it would be a defensive snoozefest along the lines of the Bills Jags WC game.

Now you did it