• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla Aaron Hernandez thread guilty of murder

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic.

Your silence would be considered special and appreciated.
Then perhaps you should ignore my posts. I'm pretty sure that functionality exists on SportsHoopla.

Here is what you do.
  1. Click on my name to the left of one of my posts.
  2. In the mini-profile that pops up, click on "ignore".
  3. Enjoy your stay on the hoop entire Dulac free.
Good luck!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then perhaps you should ignore my posts. I'm pretty sure that functionality exists on SportsHoopla.

Here is what you do.
  1. Click on my name to the left of one of my posts.
  2. In the mini-profile that pops up, click on "ignore".
  3. Enjoy your stay on the hoop entire Dulac free.
Good luck!

Why would I do that?

I wasn't looking to censor myself.

You are the one with the belief that you are better than others, with a vocabulary that nobody else can enjoy.

We all laugh at times. Just not at the same time.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this guy played for another coach he wouldn't have committed murder? Meyer could have kicked him off the team onto the streets and you would all be criticizing him for not giving him another chance to rehabilitate himself and become a better person. Fact is, Florida and Meyer were doing just what their fans wanted, recruiting kids to win football games. Maybe we should blame ourselves

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...notice how no Florida fans brought up the Rae Carruth conspiracy to murder case...

Or nothing else for that matter.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to talk about Urban Meyer but want to bring up the Vandy r*pe case.

You expect me to take you seriously now? :L

No matter what your boy did, you're cool with it.

I get it.

I have discussed Meyer fully and gave my opinion on everything. The Vandy example was a ridiculous example of the "may have" that you seem to want to convict Meyer from the RS article when all they have is "may have" and no supporting evidence. That seems to have gone way over your head.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you think goes on in the recruiting process, but keep in mind that a head coach's job depends on an ability to assess the entire make up of the young men they bring into the program. Bring in young men who disrupt the program, and you end up losing games and eventually your job.

The very idea that a head coach as successful as Urban Meyer can't tell if a kid is a rotten egg is completely laughable.

So you think Meyer knew he was a murderer or capable of that?

Using this logic, Notre Dame coaches know when they being in bad eggs like Mike Haywood? Yes his crime happened after he was gone from ND but he must be a bad egg and the coaches knew.

Last edited:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Meyer knew he was a murderer or capable of that?

Using this logic, Notre Dame coaches know when they being in bad eggs like Mike Haywood? Yes his crime happened after he was gone from ND but he must be a bad egg and the coaches knew.
That would be correct.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be correct.

Well I disagree. I don't think the coaches knew that Haywood was a bad egg just like I don't think Meyer had any idea Hernandez would be capable of murder. Getting into a bar fight sure but murder, no way.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I disagree. I don't think the coaches knew that Haywood was a bad egg just like I don't think Meyer had any idea Hernandez would be capable of murder. Getting into a bar fight sure but murder, no way.
Well, to be fair, perhaps they don't "know" these things in the sense that they can predict what will happen down the road. However, It is a major part of their jobs to assess the psychological make up of a player (so they know whether or not the kid can perform on Saturday if nothing else.) Failure to discover the potential for severe anti-social behavior in players is the sign of either 1) a major incompetence in a basic coaching skill, or b) a willingness to look the other way and simply hope for the best. My point is that no coach ascends to the highest level of his or her profession despite major incompetentcies in their collective skill sets.

This isn't a problem that is unique to college athletics. Companies will hire known criminals as CEOs because they know that these people can make them a lot of money. Everyone knows of examples of this sort of problem.

But in College athletics, there is no shortage of people who are willing to go onto a field of play and spill their guts for their schools, but yet are going to go on and be productive citizens who contribute great things to their communities and families. We shouldn't need to enable the kind of shit behavior we see over and over in college athletics. I mean, Aaron Hernandez is pretty low-hanging fruit in this argument. But I think that we as fans should all have higher standards when it comes to how our teams are held accountable. (And yes - that includes Notre Dame.)

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, perhaps they don't "know" these things in the sense that they can predict what will happen down the road. However, It is a major part of their jobs to assess the psychological make up of a player (so they know whether or not the kid can perform on Saturday if nothing else.) Failure to discover the potential for severe anti-social behavior in players is the sign of either 1) a major incompetence in a basic coaching skill, or b) a willingness to look the other way and simply hope for the best. My point is that no coach ascends to the highest level of his or her profession despite major incompetentcies in their collective skill sets.

This isn't a problem that is unique to college athletics. Companies will hire known criminals as CEOs because they know that these people can make them a lot of money. Everyone knows of examples of this sort of problem.

But in College athletics, there is no shortage of people who are willing to go onto a field of play and spill their guts for their schools, but yet are going to go on and be productive citizens who contribute great things to their communities and families. We shouldn't need to enable the kind of shit behavior we see over and over in college athletics. I mean, Aaron Hernandez is pretty low-hanging fruit in this argument. But I think that we as fans should all have higher standards when it comes to how our teams are held accountable. (And yes - that includes Notre Dame.)

I agree with most of that. However Meyer like many coaches will look at the whole picture. Did Hernandez show any of these issues early one, if he did were they minor enough where Meyer thought he would help him on the right path? Every coach takes a chance on kids.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow even Covered for Hernandez when he punched that Bar Owner and ruptured his Eardrum. But he was never disciplined by CUM.

That kind of discipline sounds like a sticky situation.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer is just about as low as you can get on the human ladder. Who knows how many things he has looked the other way on.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer is just about as low as you can get on the human ladder. Who knows how many things he has looked the other way on.

Yes who knows, 100 things, none... you now nothing yet form this opinion.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes who knows, 100 things, none... you now nothing yet form this opinion.

He has a basis for asking. You have none. You're just here to make excuses, which in my opinion is pretty damn pathetic.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a basis for asking. You have none. You're just here to make excuses, which in my opinion is pretty damn pathetic.

What is his basis?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dumb.

Dumb like holding a coach responsible for a former player committing murder dumb? Look, I understand you dislike Meyer and I can see a lot of your points as far as suspicious recruiting practices and players getting into trouble while he was at Florida. The whole "he should have known what Aaron Hernandez was going to become" or anything similar to that is just plain silly though.