• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEC Thread

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats to the Gators on the SECE champeenship. Sure better play better than that in the CG, though.

Good news for youz. Now UF can relax and rest-up for FSUx and the SECnCG during our game against USC.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Miami interested in bringing Mario Cristobal home
With a job opening at the University of Miami, there appears to be one really obvious candidate for the job. Alabama offensive line coach Mario Cristobal is reportedly at the top of the list of candidates according to areport from Football Scoop.

If Miami needs a coach that understands how to win at Miami and would be well-received by the Miami family, then Cristobal should be as close to a home run hire there is. Cristobal played offensive tackle for Miami from 1989 through 1992 and went on to play in NFL Europe for two years before jumping into coaching as a graduate assistant at Miami in 1998. His coaching career has taken him to Rutgers, back to Miami and to Florida International, where he made his head coaching debut close to home. As head coach at FIU, Cristobal won a Sun Belt championship in 2010, only to be removed as head coach two years later after going 8-14 in 2011 and 2012.

After being removed by FIU, a decision that did not sit well with many, Cristobal joined the Miami coaching staff as a tight ends coach in January 2013, only to accept an offer to be an offensive line coach at Alabama on Nick Saban’s staff. It has always been just a matter of time before Cristobal received some consideration for a head coaching job once again, and the Miami vacancy appears too perfect for him, if he wants to take it.

There is no word on any additional candidates being considered for the job, but Cristobal is a strong candidate for the job.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcelwain is one of three sec coaches to lead his team to the championship game in his first year.....
les and gus are the other two

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I correct to believe the only way bama doesn't make the seccg is if ole Miss wins out and bama loses to auburn?

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I correct to believe the only way bama doesn't make the seccg is if ole Miss wins out and bama loses to auburn?
Yep, so bama is definitely going to the championship game.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be so great. Let's try not to think about it and maybe it'll happen. Stranger things have...

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not trashing the idea totally but.........

OSU and I think all the other B1G programs all HAVE already been scheduling 1 top tier tough game in OOC play. Look at the past and future schedules. Minny played USC in a home/home, OSU had Texas, OSU now has VT (who WAS good when they were scheduled), Mich had bama, and on and on. Then usually a MAC game, which is no cupcake. Just ask purdue, Indiana, and Michigan.

There have been 4 OOC games for years now, the B1G is picking up an additional conference game and dropping 1 OOC game. I think this is an excellent move. Always thought it was more important to play as many conference games as possible......

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and from that article........... "The idea of actually cutting ties with FCS programs was met with mixed emotions from SEC coaches." Lmfao........... they sure like their cupcakes! Meanwhile the B1G made the decision 2 years ago to stop all scheduling of FCS programs.
did you even read the article....when some fcs school in the bigten footprint disbands their football team in the coming year dont be surprised. and just because arky isnt relevant enough to schedule a power5 year in and out isnt the leagues fault. i would never see all coaches signing off on this especially teams that already play power5 teams yearly.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been 4 OOC games for years now, the B1G is picking up an additional conference game and dropping 1 OOC game. I think this is an excellent move. Always thought it was more important to play as many conference games as possible......

now this i would support 100% for all sec teams......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you even read the article....when some fcs school in the bigten footprint disbands their football team in the coming year dont be surprised. and just because arky isnt relevant enough to schedule a power5 year in and out isnt the leagues fault. i would never see all coaches signing off on this especially teams that already play power5 teams yearly.

Well, honestly I say that any fcs school that has to close their football program down simply because they couldn't play a B1G team, they must not me managing their money well. Sounds like they have other problems.

The games are a complete joke. Most of the time the team gets killed, not to mention the possibility of serious injuries to far substandard players after getting flattened by a Bosa. Or on the other side of the coin, what if a star player on your team gets hurt somehow on a fluke play in a meaningless FCS game, and he's out for the year.???? fucking waste. FCS games are just a joke. there is NO upside to the power 5 school.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Ole Miss' Denzel Nkemdiche remains hospitalized in ICU
Rivals.com‘s RebelGrove.com reported Wednesday evening that Ole Miss linebackerDenzel Nkemdiche remains hospitalized in the intensive care unit at Baptist Memorial Hospital. According to the website, Nkemdiche has been hospitalized since Monday.

It’s unknown why the senior is in a hospital, but the circumstances surrounding his being admitted are quite chilling:

Nkemdiche… did not report with his teammates on Sunday when the 25th-ranked Rebels reconvened from an open date to begin preparations for Saturday’s 2:30 p.m. home game versus No. 17 LSU.

Nkemdiche was found on Monday and taken to the hospital, where he was admitted, according to sources.

No explanation was given as to why it reportedly took nearly a day to locate the defensive leader. If there’s any good news at the moment, it’s that Nkemdiche is reportedly conscious.

Head coach Hugh Freeze would only say that Nkemdiche is dealing with what he described as “a personal matter” in answering the media’s questions.

“We are going to walk through it with him,” Freeze said. “When issues come up that you need to get through that involve one of our players and anything with their family, we just want to support them and help them through it.”

Nkemdiche currently leads the Rebels in tackles.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've played Texas, USC, Texas A&M (big 12), and Texas Tech recently OOC and have TCU, Texas, Michigan and possibly Baylor coming up within the next 10 years. We hardly ever have a year where we don't play a P5 team.

I really don't see the difference between scheduling Kansas or Idaho and the top FCS schools though. For the FCS kids it can be a once in a lifetime opportunity playing in front of a P5 crowd. A lot of them are better than FBS teams even though they have the FCS label.