• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC looked human to start the season + B10 observations

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A TCU team everyone predicts to be very good. Time will tell. Still, you can never really judge LSU based on scores, as they constantly win ugly, and it wasn't even that this time.

Georgia played a top10 team in Clemson and played them pretty well.

---

I don't want to harp on the Big10 as being bad as it's way too early to tell. But in no manner did the Big10 even come close to playing the caliber teams the SEC teams listed played. Yet you are basically acting as if it was even in your comparisons.

If Alabama played as bad as Ohio St did, I'd be especially worried. Alabama struggled at the line against a top defensive team in VT. Buffalo is a horrible team and yet only won by 20. And yet you consider them best in conference and that the Big10 is catching up. Really?

I didn't see Michigan play. But again, Central Michigan doesn't even begin to compare to the level of competition the SEC teams faced. Atleast they won nicely.

Northwestern won, but barely against a middle of the road Cal who is trying to build up at best. That game was close all the way.

So comparing these games to the games the SEC played is dumb. Big10 basically took a glorified bye week, the SEC teams were tested. None of the Big10 teams showed they could hang with any of the SEC teams.

That's just weird shit. There is not a big difference in CMU @ Michigan and Toledo @ Florida. Both Michigan and Florida should have run their opponents off the field. Wait...

TCU was overrated at #20. Their defense is not what it used to be. Still, an alright win for LSU over a mid tier, Big 12 team.

Alabama played "Beamer ball" in order to beat an average VTech team.

Miss State lost to a superior opponent.

Georgia lost to a superior opponent.

Kentucky lost to a superior opponent.

Outside of Georgia playing tough against a good Clemson team, all was close to a wash between the B1G and SEC. I saw very little dominance from either conference and rather average to weak competition (with the exception of UGA) for both.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just weird shit. There is not a big difference in CMU @ Michigan and Toledo @ Florida. Both Michigan and Florida should have run their opponents off the field. Wait...

TCU was overrated at #20. Their defense is not what it used to be. Still, an alright win for LSU over a mid tier, Big 12 team.

Alabama played "Beamer ball" in order to beat an average VTech team.

Miss State lost to a superior opponent.

Georgia lost to a superior opponent.

Kentucky lost to a superior opponent.

Outside of Georgia playing tough against a good Clemson team, all was close to a wash between the B1G and SEC. I saw very little dominance from either conference and rather average to weak competition (with the exception of UGA) for both.

The OP didn't mention Florida in his list, nor did he mention Kentucky or Miss St.

Alabama would have won the game without the special teams or the defensive interception, so saying Alabama won by "Beamer Ball" is bullshit. Truth is, it gave Alabama 3 less possessions with the ball, not to mention Saban shut it down by the 4th quarter and started playing 2nd string.

How good TCU or VT is remains to be seen, but good luck finding anyone who think Buffalo or Central Michigan come close to them.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but if Syracuse played us to within six on a neutral field that was 75% Badger fans, i'd be pretty disappointed with the team and coaching staff we have this year. I thought PSU looked really raw yesterday. We looked raw for a half, but not like that.
Syracuse could be playing in a bowl. UMass is looking to improve on their one win season. There's no comparison between playing Syracuse and UMass. Syracuse is a lot tougher than UMass.