• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie 33s

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, NSH trades Michael Latta and Martin Erat to WSH for Filip Forsberg.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yikes... with all the goalie prospects, SJ couldnt trump that?? jus tread tampa had to throw in a pick too... man Tbay got raped...

Yzerman likes his goalies 6'5 or taller. Wilson couldn't meet that requirement.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Washington news, was SOOOO NOT WORTH THE WAIT! :doh:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LeBurn saying Erat wanted out of Nashville and asked to be traded. I wonder how previlent that feeling is in that lockerroom. If the Preds fail to make the PO's and don't do anything significant to improve the team in the offseason I can see Weber wanting out as well. Weber was interested in coming to San Jose and Wilson spent a lot of time and effort courting him this last offseason.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBurn saying Erat wanted out of Nashville and asked to be traded. I wonder how previlent that feeling is in that lockerroom. If the Preds fail to make the PO's and don't do anything significant to improve the team in the offseason I can see Weber wanting out as well. Weber was interested in coming to San Jose and Wilson spent a lot of time and effort courting him this last offseason.

With that contract, I'm not sure I want Weber on this team. It runs through 2026! However, I believe the contract was insanely front loaded so perhaps a big chunk of it has already been paid?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With that contract, I'm not sure I want Weber on this team. It runs through 2026! However, I believe the contract was insanely front loaded so perhaps a big chunk of it has already been paid?

$24m paid out the first year.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol im still shaking my head about the Conacher AND 4th rounder for Ben flipping Bishop. Im also still wondering how a goalie can be as big as the whole goal and have a 15-13 record lol

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the cap hit is the average of the entire contract. Which means if the Suter contract is front loaded, then SJ might be ok because that large chunk is already been paid. This would make his actual salary lower than his cap hit.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
isnt the cap his the avg of the total contract tho?? Or was that just chaned for new contracts?

Yes, the cap is still the average of the entire contract but actual money paid out being less than the cap hit is something that Wilson has viewed as important when trading for a player before.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Weber contract in my post above.

Apparently, Weber doesn't have a NTC. If he's on the block, it's going to be a huge bidding war.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how Randy Hahn is taking the aquisition of Torres after he called him, "a dirt bag hit man that has no business in the NHL" during that PO series with the Canucks.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how Randy Hahn is taking the aquisition of Torres after he called him, "a dirt bag hit man that has no business in the NHL" during that PO series with the Canucks.

lol Torres should go up to him when he arrives in SJ and hey, remember me? haha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol Torres should go up to him when he arrives in SJ and hey, remember me? haha

Knocking that rug off Hahn's head may be a good start to winning over many of the Sharks fans...

CJdublé

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"When you go through this refresh, you want to do it when it is a strong draft year, and if you take a look at the way we structured our contracts after next season, we only have 27 million committed. So, you want to be able to add and trade, draft and replenish, and there some other players that we just signed today too, and then be in a position to add in the free agent market. And I think we are in a really good position, we've got some key young players in all core positions...and now we got these draft picks, cap space and cash to add some of the other pieces we may need going forward" - DWil

Well spoken and I am pretty content with that.