• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If BOS gets Jagr, that may take them out of the bidding for Clowe. Doug needs to play this carefully now. Don't be so firm that you get left out in the cold with no takers for Clowe. And no destination that Clowe will waive his NTC for.

Yeah, kind of surprised how fast players are getting traded this year. Seems like DW needs to get this done today.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, kind of surprised how fast players are getting traded this year. Seems like DW needs to get this done today.

Are we sure it's Wilson holding up this trade? It very well could be Clowe and his contract demands that are stalling the trade.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Are we sure it's Wilson holding up this trade? It very well could be Clowe and his contract demands that are stalling the trade.

Saw somewhere that he was asking for 7 years... Cant be true? And I'm seeing Boyles name around today, any chance hes traded to?

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
* The San Jose Sharks have given the Minnesota Wild and Philadelphia Flyers permission to speak with Clowe's representatives, according to the Fourth Period. Nick Kypreos adds that the Vancouver Canucks are still interested in Clowe. The pending unrestricted free agent is open to a sign-and-trade.----

Just saw this

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie 22s

DAL will receive prospects Lane MacDermid and Cody Payne (Plymouth) as part of the Jagr trade with BOS.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks waiting on Clowe
TheFourthPeriod.com

The San Jose Sharks have granted a few teams permission to speak with Ryane Clowe's agent about signing a contract extension before being dealt.

Clowe, 30, is on the verge of being traded, but is believed to be looking for a new contract as part of a move.

As many as 12 teams, including the Minnesota Wild, Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks, have shown interest in Clowe, but only a handful were granted permission to speak with his camp.

Clowe owns a no-trade clause and can dictate where he ends up.

The Wild and Flyers are two teams to have already chatted with Clowe's agent, Kent Hughes.

Signing a new contract isn't a guarantee, though, if teams conclude that Clowe's demands are too high for their liking, and if a deal cannot be reached with a new team, he's still expected to be traded.

Meanwhile, the Sharks are also fielding calls for defenseman Dan Boyle and are looking to acquire a second-line winger to replace Clowe once he's dealt.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like dwils asking price might be to high, hopefully it's for matt read and a first

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess pommenville is in play which is probably going to effect clowns value

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Clowe to be traded to any team on the West. If Doug does trade him to the west, he better get a overpayment.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I posted on my FB, the thing holding up the Clowe trade is Clowe probably demanding an overpayment in contract. Like stated b4 5 years 25mil for a guy that has 0 goals is rediculous on his part... If Clowe himself botches this trade by being a prick about money SJ better sit him in the press box the rest of the season!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 55m

Anything is still possible on SJ's Ryane Clowe but it sure sounds like NYR, VAN and PHI are most likely landing spots, assuming he's traded.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 55m

Anything is still possible on SJ's Ryane Clowe but it sure sounds like NYR, VAN and PHI are most likely landing spots, assuming he's traded.

No to Vancouver, either NYR or PHI would be my choice.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No to Vancouver, either NYR or PHI would be my choice.

lmao, I cant believe people would be against ANY trade ANY where of clowe... Ok honestly do you think he's a game changer?? NO! has he ever been? NO! Do you really think SJ is going to win the cup? NO! So WHOOOO cares. You trade him for the best available return weather its to LA or to Florida...

Its Ryan FRIGGEN CLOWE were talking bout here. Its not like Pitts trading Malkin to Philly. It doesnt matter where he goes, just get him outa here. This whole "cant traade within the div or conf" crap is gonna give me a migrane. No one cares if you trade C level players to teams you play against regularly...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I posted on my FB, the thing holding up the Clowe trade is Clowe probably demanding an overpayment in contract. Like stated b4 5 years 25mil for a guy that has 0 goals is rediculous on his part... If Clowe himself botches this trade by being a prick about money SJ better sit him in the press box the rest of the season!

He's out of his mind of if he thinks someone is gonna give him that kind of a deal...Then again, who knows....because some of these GM's are insane....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Clowe hasn't been the same player since Malone ktfo'd his ass 4 seasons ago. He's been on the steady decline ever since. It sounds like clown is really making this deal impossible to get completed, they should just put him on waivers if he's being that much of an ass

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, I cant believe people would be against ANY trade ANY where of clowe... Ok honestly do you think he's a game changer?? NO! has he ever been? NO! Do you really think SJ is going to win the cup? NO! So WHOOOO cares. You trade him for the best available return weather its to LA or to Florida...

Its Ryan FRIGGEN CLOWE were talking bout here. Its not like Pitts trading Malkin to Philly. It doesnt matter where he goes, just get him outa here. This whole "cant traade within the div or conf" crap is gonna give me a migrane. No one cares if you trade C level players to teams you play against regularly...

exactly how I felt about Clowe before and now. Any thing for him would be a plus to the Sharks. I Clowe asks 8mil for 2 years then someone would buy it, but not 25mil for 5yrs...lol

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Sharks now going to Clowe and asking him where he wants to go. Close to a resolution here.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Bob McKenzie Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m

I would suspect SJ will get some draft picks, including additional or conditional pics, if Clowe re-signs with team that acquires him.
Expand

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowe hasn't been the same player since Malone ktfo'd his ass 4 seasons ago. He's been on the steady decline ever since. It sounds like clown is really making this deal impossible to get completed, they should just put him on waivers if he's being that much of an ass

What would that do for us? We're paying for this season anyway. Waive him after we win the cup! LOL! :lol:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@PollakOnSharks 1m

Quiet in SJ, but elsewhere. . . RT @RenLavoieRDS Clowe trade won't be done as trade and sign. More as rental. NYR and Vancouver on top now.