• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen preacher did you ever drink and driver or hit a woman, be honest? I'm not condoning it and lost a nephew because the driver was cocked/

Then you should understand that both things are horrible. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but you dismissed one a bit with your harshness about the other.

Not preaching at all...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Patriots fans were posting left and right giving kudos to the Cowboys for giving Greg Hardy another chance.

I'm sure this board is full of those who have NEVER drank and drove.
I'm sure this board has very few who have beat their girl to crap.
I'm sure you know the difference

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know neither one of those should ever be dismissed, but one consistently is in this society.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you should understand that both things are horrible. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but you dismissed one a bit with your harshness about the other.

Not preaching at all...

I didn't Money and admitted to doing one of these many times in past, can you answer my question, only if you want to did you ever have a few drinks and drive or hit a women?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All it takes is 2-3 drinks within an hour and your legally drunk, bet over 80% here have at 1 point, Christmas party, new years eve, football games at stadium, bar or friends house, christenings, bdays, funerals, get hired or promo, lose job etc/ Bet less than 10% smacked a woman

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...and it was only a football decision based solely on him being able to help the Patriots win football games. Where I start to throw up a bit in my mouth is when certain Patriots' fans suggest that the Patriots organization signs these players so that they can help them in their time of need.

I understand what you are saying. I think comments such as " maybe we can get him help" are being morphed into "we only hired him because we are saints"
We are not saints - there is another team with that name and they are in last place.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't Money and admitted to doing one of these many times in past, can you answer my question, only if you want to did you ever have a few drinks and drive or hit a women?

I don't know if I was ever technically over the limit, but I do know that I have always been very aware of driving under the influence. If I'm driving, two (beers/glasses of wine at dinner) are my max. Otherwise...Uber, Uber, Uber. Easy Peezy. I never drove when going out when younger. I became very aware of drunk driving and the consequences from my best childhood friend losing his sister at a young age.

No...I have never hit a woman.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is 2-3 drinks within an hour and your legally drunk, bet over 80% here have at 1 point, Christmas party, new years eve, football games at stadium, bar or friends house, christenings, bdays, funerals, get hired or promo, lose job etc/ Bet less than 10% smacked a woman

I have not drank and drove since I was a kid. I have never beat a woman and thrown her on a couch full of guns.
Thankfully, most of us recognize there is a difference.
I wish I could say I have never drove and drive, I can say I have never hit a woman.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not drank and drove since I was a kid. I have never beat a woman and thrown her on a couch full of guns.
Thankfully, most of us recognize there is a difference.
I wish I could say I have never drove and drive, I can say I have never hit a woman.

You and Money are a lot smarter than me and wish I could say the same about drinking and driving. Unfortunately my life style, bad choices with company and occupation put me there. not making any excuses for my stupidity. And I'm not gonna use that stupid line , but "I paid my debt to society BS". By the grace of God I have never been in an accident and hurt anyone

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are blaming the wrong posters for things said about the Pat's organization.
I am the guy who said I would field a team of death row inmates if it got the team wins and I mean it.
Its a sport played by fully grown men who would snap most of us here in half if need be. The game aint tidily winks with the grand kids.
I would have picked up any player who could contribute to the team, past be dammed.
Only exception is a locker room cancer, no way no how.
P.S. Locked up and charged twice for OUI, 1 reduced to lesser charge, 1 dismissed. Not in any accidents when they happened.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are blaming the wrong posters for things said about the Pat's organization.

Well...I thought this was a prerequisite of posting here.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Patriots

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Pats the only team that picks up players so that they can "help a young man in need of help" (according to NEPatsfan?

Thank god for the Patriots. What would this world be like without them???
Gladly the Ratbirds didn't pick him up. You know what they say about idle hands.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things that aren't getting mentioned. For a team to take a flyer on Floyd there needed to be a handul of team needs and potential.
1. Team needed to have a shot at the playoffs otherwise why take the risk and pay 1.3 mil for 3 games. That eliminates about 20 teams right there.
2. A need at the position. This likely eliminated a handful of other teams.
3. Cap space
4. Ability or desire to handle bad PR
5. Team cohesion that this move wouldn't effect the locker room
6. Foresight to look to next year, potential contract, potential comp pick (after he does his jail time)
7. Give haters something to talk about

So when you look at it. You see there really were very few teams with the ability or desire to sign him.

Just think Checkers vs. Chess that should help you with your confusion,

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that video and his BAC was almost 3 x legal limit, there is no doubt here NEShapiro:suds: no beer for Floyd

I think I said it's likely a done deal, was more pointing out to never assume until the trial is over though, weird things happen and come out.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where you are missing the boat. The naysayers are asking why a completely different spin is put on it when it's the Patriots "hiring a talented guy that screwed up".

I imagine some have, but you are trying to paint it as all, instead of lining up what posters as individuals have said in the past vs this situation. Then you have to weed out the ones that were simply yanking chains and weren't serious.

Do you own stock in bleach per chance?