• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rams are Who We Thought They Were

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum has three pick sixes on the season

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 7-9 season.

It must be frustrating being a Rams fan seeing them consistently split with the Cards & Seahawks every year only to see them falter against the rest of NFL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty organization.

They gave up the farm for a QB that the coaches didn't even want.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can read whatever you want into Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb not being "ready to put on the field" like a Blaine Gabbert and RGIII is. I think it doesn't really say anything about whether you got a franchise QB or not.

No problem with sitting or starting your 1st year QB. Fans may have felt "hosed" that Eli was on the bench while Warner was sucking it up or that GB wasted that first round pick on a guy who didn't do crap for them for years in Aaron Rodgers. But I think that doesn't really matter to them if the guy can have a good career.

As for getting a later QB in the first round, sure you can try... But that's a pretty rough group lately. Manziel, Tebow, Weeden, EJ Manuel, Gabbert, Ponder...

I'm sorry, but I didn't grasp your point there.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but I didn't grasp your point there.

The QB who starts first isn't always the best QB. There's been some HOF level QB's taken early in the draft that weren't starting out of the gate.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB who starts first isn't always the best QB. There's been some HOF level QB's taken early in the draft that weren't starting out of the gate.

Okay...I'm with you there. In terms of the player, I have no clue what he will be down the road, but when you trade the farm to get said player and he's doesn't even get a helmet week 1 and he's playing behind a journeyman whose not really playing well...I can understand why fans would be pissed.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I bet you all of those have taken a snap under center during their college career..

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I bet you all of those have taken a snap under center during their college career..

Drew brees was a spread guy who operated out of the shotgun in college. But yeah, that is a really good reason to give him some time first. Seems there is no "sure thing" when talking what makes and doesn't make a QB succeed. What ends up being one players achilles heel has no effect on another.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That may not be the case moving forward. More and more colleges are going with the gimmick offenses.

Goff wasn't recruited to play that type of offense, but they changed coordinators after he committed.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may not be the case moving forward. More and more colleges are going with the gimmick offenses.

Goff wasn't recruited to play that type of offense, but they changed coordinators after he committed.

And the ones who run pro style offenses continue to better prepare their QBs for the NFL. Not to mention even in the gimmick offenses there are still plays where the QB lines up under center.

It's insane he went his whole career without taking a snap under center. Even more insane the Rams traded the house to get him. But the truth is the only time they looked like a team that actually wanted to win was when they traded for Marshall Faulk but even that move was more of a "holy shit this idiot GM is about to trade Marshall Faulk."

Everything else was just luck.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the ones who run pro style offenses continue to better prepare their QBs for the NFL. Not to mention even in the gimmick offenses there are still plays where the QB lines up under center.

It's insane he went his whole career without taking a snap under center. Even more insane the Rams traded the house to get him. But the truth is the only time they looked like a team that actually wanted to win was when they traded for Marshall Faulk but even that move was more of a "holy shit this idiot GM is about to trade Marshall Faulk."

Everything else was just luck.
I actually agree with everything in this post. :scratch:

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with everything in this post. :scratch:
There are owners in Sports who actually don't give a fuck about sports let alone winning. Stan Kroenkie is that guy.

Think about it. He is a Missouri boy at heart. Named after Cardinals Stan Musial and Enos Slaughter. Yet for some reason he had zero loyalty to STL. His loyalty is his pocketbook. He married into fortune. That's all he cares about.

So his goal is to spend just enough money to keep the fans coming. Wins are just a byproduct.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are owners in Sports who actually don't give a fuck about sports let alone winning. Stan Kroenkie is that guy.

Think about it. He is a Missouri boy at heart. Named after Cardinals Stan Musial and Enos Slaughter. Yet for some reason he had zero loyalty to STL. His loyalty is his pocketbook. He married into fortune. That's all he cares about.

So his goal is to spend just enough money to keep the fans coming. Wins are just a byproduct.

Wins drive attendance to a degree. He also just took out a multi-billion dollar loan to build his OWN stadium in LA, not relying on tax payers like cheapskate owners such as Spanos in San Diego.

We get it. You're pissed that the Rams left St Louis. Many more were pissed when they left LA the first time. I just want them to be supported, since I don't live in either area, and that wasn't happening in St Louis.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams suck dicks and Jared Goff is going to be an insurance agent in 5 years.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams suck dicks and Jared Goff is going to be an insurance agent in 5 years.

Really, guy plays one game and doesn't even turn over the ball. Top notch analysis right there buddy.

This thread didn't really need to be revived, Rams don't care about winning, otherwise the team president and Fisher would of been gone long ago. But they will take pride having the losingest coach of all time as their head coach

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, guy plays one game and doesn't even turn over the ball. Top notch analysis right there buddy.

This thread didn't really need to be revived, Rams don't care about winning, otherwise the team president and Fisher would of been gone long ago. But they will take pride having the losingest coach of all time as their head coach

This thread lives!! It never died haha

But yeah. I think we have agreed on the bold before. Stan Kroenke doesn't give a fuck about winning so unless lightening strikes twice for that team we can expect the Rams threatening to leave in another 15 years or so since LA doesn't care about the NFL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend's game goes to show that it's not the QB's fault IMO. OC needs to go, along with the guy holding the reigns on the OC (Fisher).

Has Fisher EVER had a top 15 offense?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Fisher EVER had a top 15 offense?
Yeah, he had a couple back in the day with the Titans but I dont believe he has ever had a top 5 offense which is almost impossible considering how long he has been in the league.

I feel like Fisher could've been one of the best DCs of all time but rushing the passer works a whole lot better when you have a lead and he has no concept of modern offense.