• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Probably too soon for this: who are the surprises?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I think the Texans, Commanders, Buccaneers, and Falcons have all shown they will be tough outs.

Maybe not division winners, but definite playoff contender teams that could cause some havoc.
The Falcons!?!

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions for sure. Beat KC in Arrowhead and beat GB at Lambeau, neither an easy feat.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Maybe a bad call there. A lucky 2-0 start, and then reality.
13 total points the last two weeks.

Didn’t watch this morning. But they looked pretty bad against the Lions last weekend.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions for sure. Beat KC in Arrowhead and beat GB at Lambeau, neither an easy feat.
Sure but they were kind of everyone's pick to win that division and be pretty good. I mean surprises...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised with Josh Dobbs for the Cards, he’s looking poised out there… QB controversy in AZ ?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just yakking on a message board. I follow it I just don't get into the details like I do with the other sports.

Am I wrong about the Rams or Bengals?
The Rams aren't a good team. They're young, healthy, motivated, and very well coached. They been dominated in the 2nd half of the last 3 games. This is a team that could be very good next season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised with Josh Dobbs for the Cards, he’s looking poised out there… QB controversy in AZ ?

I doubt it with the money they're paying Kyler. That stated, he'd be a very good back up QB for anybody looking. He's signed to Az for 2023 only, but I think his play is going to warrant him making some real money on his next deal. Something tells me the Jets would love to have him...hell he's at the very least competent and at best competitive.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Stroud and the Houston Texans. Sure, they’re only 2-2 but they beat the Steelers and Jags and Stroud has looked good early. They’ve got some good young talent at WR too. Their rebuild looks ahead of schedule.

Anthony Richardson is better than I thought he’d be. I honestly wasn’t expecting much. Sure, he needs a lot of work as a passer, but kudos to the coaching staff for fitting the offense to him.

The Cards in general. They beat Dallas. They had 4th quarter leads against Washington and NYG. They were within 1 score of SF in the 4rd quarter. Considering the youth of the team, they must have some very good coaching.
--I figured Josh Dobbs for the Cards would fail. They acquired just before the season started after surprisingly cutting McCoy. Instead, he’s been very solid. After some early turnovers, he’s also been careful with the ball.

Cincy. Surprisingly bad. I’d have expected this record had they been sitting Burrow this whole time.

Rams. They were supposed to be near the bottom of the league this year, but with a healthy Stafford, a reworked Oline, and the surprise of Puca Nacua at WR, they’re doing better than expected. Imagine what happens when they get Kupp back.

Washington. Sure, they got blew out by Buffalo, but I think Howell and Washington could be a playoff team. They were inches away from beating the Eagles. Good defense and that 2nd year QB has looked better than expected. Bienemy’s early returns at OC look positive as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you every Lions fan deep down believed the team would blow it. We are all surprised.
Not me, in my preseason take I had your boys going 11-6 and I'm beginning to wonder if I underestimated that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My early 2 teams that are surprises are the Cards and Texans who most thought would be awful. It's still possible neither one wins a lot of games but they are not going down without a helluva fight and it's a testament to their new coaches. When the Cardinals marched the ball 99 yards to make it a game with the Niners, I was honestly impressed with their moxie. San Fran eventually ran away with it but that was to be expected. Sam Howell has shown some real toughness as well. Still some growing to do and Washington needs to get him some protection but that team can bite you in the ass if you let them hang around. The Eagles needed everything to get past them yesterday.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe the Rams are good.

McVay just can't truly conceive how to balance an offense. He hears the call for more running plays, then calls runs on 3rd and 4 or more, passes on 3rd and 1, and doesn't mix pass/run on earlier downs.

There are so many young players on the Rams roster that they are almost guaranteed to screw up in key situations. 2nd youngest team (just behind the Pack), yet with aging vets as their star players. Stafford, AD, Kupp, Higbee (and RT Havenstein and PK Maher) are their only players 30+ to go with their 21 rookies. With all that, I've been pleasantly surprised thus far (other than the poor showing vs the Bengals and the near melt-down late yesterday). I'm curious what this offense looks like with Kupp returning to pair with Nacua. Hopefully they don't break Stafford before we get to see that transition smoothed out.