• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rams are Who We Thought They Were

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Coug resurfaces here to continue his hate for any Rams QB not named Bradford.

You always knew better, right Coug? That Wentz would succeed? Is that why in the 25 page thread about Goff vs Wentz on the Rams board, started before the draft, you didn't comment until September 24th?

I preferred Wentz and fought for him on that thread, but I don't think that makes Goff a bad pick. At least let him play before calling him a bust.

No I didn't know Wentz would succeed. I always said I wouldn't have traded up for either one of them. Wentz looks good but he has to prove he can do it over time not a few games. The Eagles would have been fine with Bradford and building around him with all those draft picks they gave up to as he's proving in Minnesota.

As for Goff like I said when you give up that much for a guy he should be on the field making an impact. He should be able to take a snap from under center and beat out Case Keenum. You're right I shouldn't call him a bust because right now he's not good enough to get on the field to see if he's a bust. Is there a word for that??:noidea: I hope he turns out ok but if you think Fisher gave up all those picks and didn't think he would beat out Keenum your Wrong. What was the plan? for Keenum to groom him. Fisher has never had success picking offense except for Gurley and that wasn't rocket science.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right I shouldn't call him a bust because right now he's not good enough to get on the field to see if he's a bust. Is there a word for that??:noidea: I hope he turns out ok but if you think Fisher gave up all those picks and didn't think he would beat out Keenum your Wrong. What was the plan? for Keenum to groom him. Fisher has never had success picking offense except for Gurley and that wasn't rocket science.

What was the alternative for the Rams? To continue to be .500, hoping a free agent QB falls into their lap if they're willing to overpay, or hoping to hit on a QB in the draft mid-1st or later? They needed to trade up to get their QB of the future, and the supposed weakness at QB in this draft (although it's not exactly shaking out that way so far, with Dak/Wentz/Kessler all starting) drove down the asking price to move up. It may not seem cheap, but the Rams traded up from #10 to #1, which hasn't happened before. They paid considerably less than they got from the Redskins to trade down 4 spots for RG3, and you could argue that they paid a similar price to what the Eagles paid to move up fewer slots.

Not good enough to be a bust? It's called being patient. Rams could rush him out there, but they want him out there when he's ready and Keenum has been playing passably to allow them to take their time. It's not about beating out Keenum, it's about being ready. Keenum will be pushed aside when they decide to make the move, regardless of how he is playing. The only think Keenum can do to change that is get hurt or start playing awful, both of which would accelerate the process.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the alternative for the Rams? To continue to be .500, hoping a free agent QB falls into their lap if they're willing to overpay, or hoping to hit on a QB in the draft mid-1st or later? They needed to trade up to get their QB of the future, and the supposed weakness at QB in this draft (although it's not exactly shaking out that way so far, with Dak/Wentz/Kessler all starting) drove down the asking price to move up. It may not seem cheap, but the Rams traded up from #10 to #1, which hasn't happened before. They paid considerably less than they got from the Redskins to trade down 4 spots for RG3, and you could argue that they paid a similar price to what the Eagles paid to move up fewer slots.

Not good enough to be a bust? It's called being patient. Rams could rush him out there, but they want him out there when he's ready and Keenum has been playing passably to allow them to take their time. It's not about beating out Keenum, it's about being ready. Keenum will be pushed aside when they decide to make the move, regardless of how he is playing. The only think Keenum can do to change that is get hurt or start playing awful, both of which would accelerate the process.

1st off...the Rams are not in a bad spot. It's a middle of the pack team.

But to answer your question...what was alternative? They could've stayed pat in the 15th slot and taken Paxton Lynch, or Will Fuller and come back for a QB with 2/12...Hackenburg was there. Yes this is a hindsight viewpoint, but they paid a dear price for a guy that wasn't ready to put on the field.

While I agree with the theme of not playing the kid while the team is still in the mix if he's not ready. At the same time, I can't blame fans that feel hosed. If/when the Rams fall out of a playoff spot...give the kid some games to get ready for '17.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams were able to trade up to one for a cheaper cost because Tenn already had a franchise QB and wanted to trade back. The Rams Alternative would have been to stay put and pick. Go back and look at the quality starters that were still there at 15 and later. Then look at round 2 where we gave up 2 picks. Then round 3. We won't mention what they gave up next year ugh… they could have added some serious talent and depth around Kennum. Thats just what I would have done vs giving up the farm in which most agreed was a weak QB class at the top of the draft. Remember he just can't come in and play avg. he's going to have to be a top 15 QB to justify what they possible passed on. and thats a long shot.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also find it funny all the crap you guys give me over bradford when he's been a starter from day one and was ROY on a terrible team. Yet its cool with Goff riding the bench we need to be patient. We gave up nothing for Bradford. 6 TOP picks for Goff.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off...the Rams are not in a bad spot. It's a middle of the pack team.

But to answer your question...what was alternative? They could've stayed pat in the 15th slot and taken Paxton Lynch, or Will Fuller and come back for a QB with 2/12...Hackenburg was there. Yes this is a hindsight viewpoint, but they paid a dear price for a guy that wasn't ready to put on the field.

While I agree with the theme of not playing the kid while the team is still in the mix if he's not ready. At the same time, I can't blame fans that feel hosed. If/when the Rams fall out of a playoff spot...give the kid some games to get ready for '17.

Sure you can read whatever you want into Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb not being "ready to put on the field" like a Blaine Gabbert and RGIII is. I think it doesn't really say anything about whether you got a franchise QB or not.

No problem with sitting or starting your 1st year QB. Fans may have felt "hosed" that Eli was on the bench while Warner was sucking it up or that GB wasted that first round pick on a guy who didn't do crap for them for years in Aaron Rodgers. But I think that doesn't really matter to them if the guy can have a good career.

As for getting a later QB in the first round, sure you can try... But that's a pretty rough group lately. Manziel, Tebow, Weeden, EJ Manuel, Gabbert, Ponder...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a franchise that is a rat stuck in a maze with no exit, in the end like the rat we are going nowhere.

Well at least we will have the best stadium in football in a couple of years, so we got that going for us which is nice.

It will be like watching a bum fight at the Sydney Opera House

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and it all started with Dick Vermeil retiring. Martz never should've been more than an OC, as he couldn't run a team to save his life, and the succession of GMs destroyed any depth in the roster by drafting horribly.

The years under Fisher have been mediocre, a quantum leap above the previous heaping pile of shit.

And after his team lost to The Patriots even their offense started to falter. As a fan of high powered attacks I was saddened.

Have to say I really thought Fisher would turn The Rams atound. I remembered how good he had The Titans going when he was the coach there.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard a lot of excuses for Gurley blaming the Rams line this year but I just watched him on multiple occasions today fail to make a cornerback miss a tackle in wide open space. I've seen I'm bail out on plays going out of bounds when he had plenty of time and opportunity to turn up field.

What's wrong with this guy?

Ps. The Rams are fucking AWFUL.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after his team lost to The Patriots even their offense started to falter. As a fan of high powered attacks I was saddened.

Have to say I really thought Fisher would turn The Rams atound. I remembered how good he had The Titans going when he was the coach there.
He was mediocre in Tennessee too. Him being good over there is a myth. Nothing more than. 500 ball his whole coaching career. He just can't take a team over the top.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are awful...

BTW, the refs were very generouw with the 'momentum carried DRC out of the endzone' interpretation. Was more of a voluntary stepping out... which would be a safety... That said, Keenum's pass did not deserve any points attached to it...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, how awful must Goff (sp?) be that they still opt for Keenum...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard a lot of excuses for Gurley blaming the Rams line this year but I just watched him on multiple occasions today fail to make a cornerback miss a tackle in wide open space. I've seen I'm bail out on plays going out of bounds when he had plenty of time and opportunity to turn up field.

What's wrong with this guy?

Ps. The Rams are fucking AWFUL.

Keenum is not an NFL starting QB. Until he actually throws some intermediate passes at least, the defense can crowd the line without fear of getting the ball thrown over their heads. Even when Keenum does finally throw over 10 yards, it's not a good chance a Ram is coming down with it.

They have the bye week next week, time to get Goff ready.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum is not an NFL starting QB. Until he actually throws some intermediate passes at least, the defense can crowd the line without fear of getting the ball thrown over their heads. Even when Keenum does finally throw over 10 yards, it's not a good chance a Ram is coming down with it.

They have the bye week next week, time to get Goff ready.
Keenum is ungodly awful. We will see about this Goff kid who doesn't seem promising and has bust written all over him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it funny all the crap you guys give me over bradford when he's been a starter from day one and was ROY on a terrible team. Yet its cool with Goff riding the bench we need to be patient. We gave up nothing for Bradford. 6 TOP picks for Goff.

Rams gave up multiple years with Bradford while he rode the pine with injuries. His failure to stay healthy is the reason the Rams couldn't commit more big money to him and let him go, which led to the trade up for Goff.

You continue to get crap because you claim to be a Rams fan and can't shut up about a QB that has been gone for two seasons now. Move on....either to being a Vikings fan or leave Bradford behind.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, how awful must Goff (sp?) be that they still opt for Keenum...

You go to understand that Fisher is an old stubborn fool, there has been a report out that Fisher was forced to go get Goff. It would be further proof why Goff is benched, showing ownership that he can win with his guy. But he can't because he is Jeff Fisher and Keenum is nothing more than a backup.

Fisher is a terrible offensive talent evaluator, there is that too.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dummy Fisher just said after the game, " I'll make changes at WR, before I'll make a change at qb".

7-9 bullshit is the best case scenario , but that happening either

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dummy Fisher just said after the game, " I'll make changes at WR, before I'll make a change at qb".

7-9 bullshit is the best case scenario , but that happening either

Wow ...