• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rams are Who We Thought They Were

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd never see a trade like that for a Luck type prospect because the cost would be double what the Rams gave up.

You're probably right but if the team picking number one overall already have their franchise quarterback like this year they're going to want those extra picks and move back so they might give in a little bit.

Last edited:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right but if the team picking number one overall already had their franchise quarterback like this year they're going to want those extra picks and move back so they might give in a little bit.

A little maybe. But they also would have more competition for that pick, allowing them to drive the price up. If Manning was 30 when he missed that year and the Colts sucked it up, 50% of the league would have made an offer on Luck.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll thread. They actually aren't a bad team at all.

They have a solid defense and a good running game (but it's been underperforming so far this season because of the OL). However, they have a career backup starting at QB because management doesn't feel Goff is ready. They need to just go ahead and start him since he is the future and should be the present.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, calling bullshit on your Browns explanation. Rams have had 2 Super Bowl appearances within the past 17 years, whereas the Browns haven't had one since 1964. 3 more Browns championships in the 50's and 4 in the AAFC in 40's are even less of an impact on today's fan whose parents (grandparents?) may not have even been born yet. The Browns have been mediocre at best in the past 25 years, and have even lost their team and had it replaced with an expansion roster. Cleveland still supports their team better. Buffalo hasn't seen the playoffs since the same year the Rams won the super bowl, and small market Buffalo still supports their team better. Communities build a relationship with their teams. Rams fans in home games in recent years (even in the Fisher years of near .500 play) would be drowned out by opposing fans on a consistent basis.

Regardless, STL got the team by making a deal they couldn't hold up. That deal still had to be forced past the NFL to get the Rams to STL. That very deal was the same reason they couldn't keep the team in town.

It's not bullshit. That team has a LONG tradition in that town.

The Rams only tradition was losing minus a blimp on the radar.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! A team loses by 3 points on the road and they're garbage. This imaginative trolling really makes me want to spend more time here. Great job guys. HammerDown would be proud.

No it isn't the loss by 3 points. It's the team. Have you watched them?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll thread. They actually aren't a bad team at all.

They have a solid defense and a good running game (but it's been underperforming so far this season because of the OL). However, they have a career backup starting at QB because management doesn't feel Goff is ready. They need to just go ahead and start him since he is the future and should be the present.

Underperforming this year because of the Oline and having a back up QB? I've heard this story before. Are they still taking dumb penaltys too? Same old Rams.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't the loss by 3 points. It's the team. Have you watched them?

I've watched them in most of their games this season since they've been the main game I get to see each week....they aren't garbage at all. The only game they looked like trash was against the 49ers. Ever since they've been pretty solid. The Bills game was also a little rough to take. 2 bad games out of 6 wouldn't constitute trash imo.

Now, this thread would apply to Kelly and the 49ers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upcoming schedule will dictate how this season goes imo:

NYG
Carolina
@NYJ
Miami

They need to win 3 of 4 since they are winnable games.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched them in most of their games this season since they've been the main game I get to see each week....they aren't garbage at all. The only game they looked like trash was against the 49ers. Ever since they've been pretty solid. The Bills game was also a little rough to take. 2 bad games out of 6 wouldn't constitute trash imo.

Now, this thread would apply to Kelly and the 49ers.

Kelly and the 49ers are worse than garbage.

But the Rams, they are garbage in their own way as they have been since Fisher's arrival. They will fool you into thinking they are a decent team by looking competitive and fighting hard. But at the end of the day they consistently lose the games they are supposed to win. So I think they are garbage.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upcoming schedule will dictate how this season goes imo:

NYG
Carolina
@NYJ
Miami

They need to win 3 of 4 since they are winnable games.

They will beat Miami and maybe NYG. If they are favored in any of those home games count them as losses.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little maybe. But they also would have more competition for that pick, allowing them to drive the price up. If Manning was 30 when he missed that year and the Colts sucked it up, 50% of the league would have made an offer on Luck.

The competition would be greater yes. but each draft is unique and have its own circumstances. The thing is they gave up the farm for a guy that wasn't that high of a prospect. He can't even take a snap from under the center and he's having trouble with the verbage calling the plays in the huddle. For what they gave up he can't just be an average quarterback he's going to have to be a elite and make a difference for it not to be a bust pick.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The competition would be greater yes. but each draft is unique and have its own circumstances. The thing is they gave up the farm for a guy that wasn't that high of a prospect. He can't even take a snap from under the center and he's having trouble with the verbage calling the plays in the huddle. For what they gave up he can't just be an average quarterback he's going to have to be a elite and make a difference for it not to be a bust pick.

There was a clip of Goff on Hard Knocks of Goff playing with his cell phone, when Weinke walked into a meeting room

I don't know why that spoke volumes to me about the type of dedication this guy lacks, but it did....When you hear stories about Carson Wentz studying plays on his phone when he is out to dinner with his girlfriend, I just don't see Goff as that type of player....Not to mention, he wasn't the most talented guy in the world coming in, it was a classic case of "We need a QB, lets just take the best of a shitty class"

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a clip of Goff on Hard Knocks of Goff playing with his cell phone, when Weinke walked into a meeting room

I don't know why that spoke volumes to me about the type of dedication this guy lacks, but it did....When you hear stories about Carson Wentz studying plays on his phone when he is out to dinner with his girlfriend, I just don't see Goff as that type of player....Not to mention, he wasn't the most talented guy in the world coming in, it was a classic case of "We need a QB, lets just take the best of a shitty class"

Exactly. Only the Rams would pass on the blue-collar hard working big ass lumberjack looking Wentz for a skinny bean pole noodle arm cali boy Goff. Well besides the Browns.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Only the Rams would pass on the blue-collar hard working big ass lumberjack looking Wentz for a skinny bean pole noodle arm cali boy Goff. Well besides the Browns.

Ah, Coug resurfaces here to continue his hate for any Rams QB not named Bradford.

You always knew better, right Coug? That Wentz would succeed? Is that why in the 25 page thread about Goff vs Wentz on the Rams board, started before the draft, you didn't comment until September 24th?

I preferred Wentz and fought for him on that thread, but I don't think that makes Goff a bad pick. At least let him play before calling him a bust.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are on the up and up. Thats all they should really want is a more successful season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are on the up and up. Thats all they should really want is a more successful season.
Thats been the mindset for about 5-6 years now.