• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The QB situation...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I can't wait till this whole Tebow phenomena just goes away forever. I'm so sick of hearing that name.

Not that you ever watch the show, but you definitely are not going to want to watch First Take tomorrow. I believe they'll dedicate one segment on how bad is Sanchez (should they put in Tebow?), one segment for 'should they put in Tebow?,' and one segment for why the Jets lost to the Niners (not enough Tebow?).

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw poorly down the field again today but they have to keep trying until they get the timing right. The difference between Smith and either of the two backups is astronomical. Can't bench him.

We might not have anybody on the bench better than Alex but when will the conclusion be made that Alex simply can not throw the deep ball accurately? Romo doesnt have a problem hitting ogletree, manning hitting barden, tannehill hitting hartline to break a miami record! How much timing do they have with these non starting receivers? When Alex over throws crabtree and manningham next year, will it still be a timing issue?

As long as Alex is the QB this offense will never reach its potential. Jim has raised his self esteem to a certain degree but he seems to play it safe so he never gets booed again?

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drooling over Romo and his playoff success :pound:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that you ever watch the show, but you definitely are not going to want to watch First Take tomorrow. I believe they'll dedicate one segment on how bad is Sanchez (should they put in Tebow?), one segment for 'should they put in Tebow?,' and one segment for why the Jets lost to the Niners (not enough Tebow?).

And a segment about Tebow's two blocks, and one about his pass and how it was fumbled.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just like hearing Stephen A. tell Skip how stupid and "Disrespectful" he is.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing to a triple covered Moss has me all warm and fuzzy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like this. Smith has a chemistry with Davis. Davis actually gets open deep and Smith hits those passes no problem. Crabs ain't a deep threat WR. So far Smith has had one off-season and four games with Moss and Manningham. Already the connection to Manningham is improving. I'm gonna hold off on the Smith can't throw deep thing for now. I'm also not gonna jizz my pants over Kap taking over because all he has shown when it matters is he can run. Bombing a terrible idea to a triple covered Moss doesn't show me and isn't enough to be calling for him to start.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We might not have anybody on the bench better than Alex but when will the conclusion be made that Alex simply can not throw the deep ball accurately? Romo doesnt have a problem hitting ogletree, manning hitting barden, tannehill hitting hartline to break a miami record! How much timing do they have with these non starting receivers? When Alex over throws crabtree and manningham next year, will it still be a timing issue?

As long as Alex is the QB this offense will never reach its potential. Jim has raised his self esteem to a certain degree but he seems to play it safe so he never gets booed again?

we all want a better QB, but its not easy to obtain one. whether the draft or free agency, we'll have to give up a lot. doesn't look like Kap is the answer either, he has yet to show much as a pocket passer? the NFL demands a quality pocket passer, if you can run TOO great. but you have to be a good pocket passer first.

Harbaugh's style is more balance and no turnovers, so Alex Smith isn't far off. thats why Harbaugh went aftr Alex in the first place, despite all the negativity at the time.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our passing offense will not conjure fear in any opponent. Right now Smith's passing #'s are nearly identical to those of 2011 after 4 games and with 1/2 the WR corp.

If Smith were to take this level of play all the way to the SB MVP - I'd still want to get rid of him in the off-season. Eventually, having a QB who's only skills are taking the ball from center, handing off to RB's and throwing 6 yard passes will be our death knell.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all want a better QB, but its not easy to obtain one. whether the draft or free agency, we'll have to give up a lot. doesn't look like Kap is the answer either, he has yet to show much as a pocket passer? the NFL demands a quality pocket passer, if you can run TOO great. but you have to be a good pocket passer first.

Harbaugh's style is more balance and no turnovers, so Alex Smith isn't far off. thats why Harbaugh went aftr Alex in the first place, despite all the negativity at the time.

I don't understand this. I'm not saying Kaep IS the answer, but how does it look like that he isn't?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith and want him to succeed because of all the crap his been through, but Kaepernick will be/is too dynamic of a player to not play. Also, Harbaugh has created the perfect environment for a young QB to prosper.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I defer to Harbaugh on this one and if Smith is starting it's because he gives us the best chance to win.

I do feel as if CK is being slowly groomed to take over the job and seeing how Jenkins and James are still on the bench despite being our top 2 picks Harbaugh prefers to bring players along slowly if possible and not rush them out there.

CK to me brings exactly the skill set Harbaugh really wants to for our offense in his a big threat running the ball along with passing the ball.

I'd be extremely disappointed if CK isn't pushing hard for the job next season. Honestly I was a bit disappointed he didn't push for the job this season but I could give him a pass since the reality is that it was his first real offseason to get work in.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this. I'm not saying Kaep IS the answer, but how does it look like that he isn't?

yea I don't get how kaep is already being written off by some. based on what?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's not ready yet. unless smith completely blows it or kap is miles ahead of smith come next training camp, kap should sit and learn.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like this. Smith has a chemistry with Davis. Davis actually gets open deep and Smith hits those passes no problem. Crabs ain't a deep threat WR. So far Smith has had one off-season and four games with Moss and Manningham. Already the connection to Manningham is improving. I'm gonna hold off on the Smith can't throw deep thing for now. I'm also not gonna jizz my pants over Kap taking over because all he has shown when it matters is he can run. Bombing a terrible idea to a triple covered Moss doesn't show me and isn't enough to be calling for him to start.

I have to agree with this. We complained that he didn't take shots. Well he took shots yesterday where they long yes but being long is ALOT better then being short or wide.

I think our offense is progressing right on pace I just with Roman/Harbaugh wouldn't get so cute with certain calls IE the Smith Sweep to end the first half.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to the points I just made Kap is the future IMO. Even though this is year 2 for him scheme wise this is still year 1. I think next year we will see a giant step in his development and if we don't win the SB in the next 2 years Smith is gone.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not ready yet. unless smith completely blows it or kap is miles ahead of smith come next training camp, kap should sit and learn.

If he's not ready to hand the ball of to Gore and throw 5 and 6 yard passes when asked to by now then we should not even bother to develop him.