• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The progress of kirk cousins that Rg3 failed to make.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably for the best if I just stay out of this one.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins Showing the Progress RG3 Didn't Make for Washington Redskins | Bleacher Report

Interesting read.

What caught my eye is this.

"It can't have escaped anybody's notice how much better Washington's offensive line is performing with Cousins under center. Through four games, the Redskins have yielded just five sacks. To put that into context, Washington had surrendered six after two games last season.

It isn't just new line boss Bill Callahan and fifth-overall pick BrandonScherff making the difference. The Burgundy and Gold now have a quarterback who is identifying pressure and adjusting protection pre-snap."

In short, the guy under center can help make a good line look average.
IMO, Cousins is about like Brian Hoyer or Ryan Fitzpatrick, in other words, a marginal starter. His numbers aren't as good as RG3's were when he was healthy as a rookie, and his win total this year would not qualify them for the playoffs if they were in any Division in the NFC other than the East. I think he takes a big step backwards next year(after he's paid) now that NFL DC's will have the game film to take away the things he does well and expose his limitations

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still suck
So yes, they may end up the tallest dwarf in the circus, but they are still a dwarf in the circus...
That being said I would be lying if I said I didn't want to trade spots with them this year. Goal is always make the playoffs and then who knows what could happen...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Washington fans enjoy getting raped by Seattle and a first place schedule next year. And oh yeah, Cousins still sucks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yes, they may end up the tallest dwarf in the circus, but they are still a dwarf in the circus...
That being said I would be lying if I said I didn't want to trade spots with them this year. Goal is always make the playoffs and then who knows what could happen...
I agree, wanted as always to win the East, but I'd have no great expectations of doing anything significant this year.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too sure about that, having a discussion on the NFL board and the Patriot/Cowboy fan said they are hot and beat the Eagles, says they are DANGEROUS.
Someone tell him the Redskins gave the Cowboys their only win without Romo.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...thought this was only allowed on other teams boards in the smack talk threads...
I guess different rules for the Washington fans...

Some fans are a little more thin skinned than others. Not to many more thin skinned than that unnamed team in Maryland.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point in making the playoffs if you have a mediocre team and that's what Washington is. Nope, I wouldn't want a mediocre Dallas team in the playoffs to get ransacked and have a bunch of fan bases troll our board after.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point in making the playoffs if you have a mediocre team and that's what Washington is. Nope, I wouldn't want a mediocre Dallas team in the playoffs to get ransacked and have a bunch of fan bases troll our board after.
I understand what your saying but still I want to take the EAST, thing is when the team has no shot I'm not upset if we dont.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying but still I want to take the EAST, thing is when the team has no shot I'm not upset if we dont.
Maybe it's just me then. I don't like losing in the playoffs so I don't want us even making it if we are going to have no chance of advancing. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but there's no way Matt Cassell or any other NFCE team is beating Seattle(with how hot they are now) this year in a playoff game so why would I even want them in?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me then. I don't like losing in the playoffs so I don't want us even making it if we are going to have no chance of advancing. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but there's no way Matt Cassell or any other NFCE team is beating Seattle(with how hot they are now) this year in a playoff game so why would I even want them in?
For me I still want to win the final two games, but again I won't freak out if we dont.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. What is the skins record again? You have an eagles coach/gm that has a gimmick offense and gets rid of the players that fit that type of offense. Chip ain't all that. You have a cowboys team missing it's top 2 offensive players the entire season. Let's get real with dez: he was not the same player after the foot injury. The Giants are just not that great. Now the skins are going to throw tons of money at an average qb. 2016 looks promising for the cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine disagreeing with an opinion much more. Making the playoffs is goal one every year advancing is goal two. They were good enough to make the playoffs this year so with a little luck they could advance down the road if not this year. First place schedule is completely overrated most of the time. And an unnamed draft pick is a complete crapshoot. I try to remain consistent in my opinions whether it's about us or our NFC East opponents. Win or lose Washington had a good year. It's all gravy from here...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to make the playoffs every year, its been a long time since we have been, several years in a row. Truth be told the Redskins will finish .500 or better but they are not a good football team. All the NFCE teams were not good this year, for one reason or another.

Division winner equals playoff team, so Washington will be in. I don't think they will do much, but anything would be icing. There are currently 18 teams .500 or under, in the NFL. Not sure how that compares to most years but it doesnt seem very good. Seems there is more underachieving teams than usual

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine disagreeing with an opinion much more. Making the playoffs is goal one every year advancing is goal two. They were good enough to make the playoffs this year so with a little luck they could advance down the road if not this year. First place schedule is completely overrated most of the time. And an unnamed draft pick is a complete crapshoot. I try to remain consistent in my opinions whether it's about us or our NFC East opponents. Win or lose Washington had a good year. It's all gravy from here...
Playoffs is always goal one but for me, but I rather Dallas not be in it if they aren't a legit threat. Nothing hurts me more than playoff losses. We can agree to disagree, but I just don't want Dallas in the playoffs if they aren't a legit threat. People always say anything can happen in the playoffs, but that is an overused misconception. Average-to-bad playoff teams don't win SBs. Overachieving teams always get exposed and don't win SBs. I'd bet money that Carolina doesn't even make the SB, let alone win it. People have used this anything can happen mantra ever since a bunch of low seeds won SBs. But nobody takes into account how good those teams were. They were good teams. All those teams that won as six seeds were good teams that ended up with low seeds only because they were in tough divisions and most of the time, the teams that won their divisions were overachieving teams. Even the six seed Packers were favored in the SB over Pitt and they had like the #1 defense in the season. The Colts had Peyton. The Steelers had an elite D. Anything can't happen. I know Washington is not winning a SB this year. The Chiefs are not winning a SB. The Vikings are not winning a SB. They all will be lucky to win one playoff game but congrats to them all for making it and being a sacrificial lamb.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one thought very highly of the Giants before a big almost win against NE late in the year and no one thought much about Balt at all. The anything can happen saying is used because it's true. But you don't have to win a SB to have a successful year when no one thought you could win 5 or 6 games. Only one team per year wins a SB. More than one team per year has a successful season. If Dallas were in the playoff picture you'd root for them to lose instead of winning the division? I'm hoping your answer is no...