• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Price for Mariota...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus please tell me where Chip has ever said he needs a running QB to win in his system. He has won the last year and half withouta running QB with Foles and Sanchez. I still think the most important quality that chip is looking for is the ability to read a defense, after all that is what the zone read is about.

When you have a QB who can actually keep it and take off for 15-20 yards if he sees the defenses collapsing on the RB ... it makes the system that much more effective. Kelly's system is relatively simple with the reads ... it's why Sanchez was able to put up 300 yard games with relative ease despite not having a top notch pro arm. You get a guy in here with wheels like either Mariota or Hundley as well as their arms and it opens up a part of the playbook that Chip hasn't had at his disposal yet with Foles and Sanchez back there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone use the chart to see what amount of picks and/or starting players it would take Chip to trade up? I know that it is just talk radio fodder, but several stations say that if chip can possibly do it, he will. Plus, word is that Mariota is hiring the same agent that Eli did 19 years ago, to force the trade to the Giants. Just out of curiosity, what would it take? Assuming that Jeffrey opens his kimono and spend what ita takes in free agency to solve the secondary - 2 starting CB's + a good safety. That way, they will be able to use their remaining picks this year to add depth to the roster.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three 1's and a 2 will get you #1. Not happening. Two 1's and a 2 will get you to 4. Maybe.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes are going to expose some of the flaws in Mariota's game next Monday night.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes are going to expose some of the flaws in Mariota's game next Monday night.

Possibly, but I doubt it. Didn't Alabama, without a good QB put up a lot of points on OSU? It will tell us something, that's for sure.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but I doubt it. Didn't Alabama, without a good QB put up a lot of points on OSU? It will tell us something, that's for sure.

True, but they also contained arguably the best WR in all of college football in doing so. They also shut down Melvin Gordon the top RB. You see the pattern here? Mariota may be next. He has not faced a DL like tOSU this season. MSU does not have the same front line like tOSU does. I think the Buckeyes are going to kick the Ducks and Mariota in the ass like there is no tomorrow.:suds:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic of this thread is supposed to be - what is the cost to get Mariota.

According to the valUe chart - if we give TBAY 3 1st's; plus 2 #2's = 3310 points. The 1st pick in the Draft is worth 3000 points. That should do it. I would do this, as long we solve the secondary problem in free agency, which means we have to get 2 starting CB's and 1 starting SS. Minimum.

Why would Chip not do this? It's not like Chip would not have other picks. So we wind up having this year's #1 overall pick, and not having a 2nd round pick. Next year we have no 1st rd pick, but have all other picks. In 2017, we have no 1st or 2nd round picks, but all the other picks.

The big factor, is that the picks of ours in the next 2 years will be between 28-32. Since our success rate with late 1st round picks has not been great, then the question is:

CHIP - WHAT PICKS ARE IN YOUR WALLET??

This question is all over the internet and talk radio. And, I confess, I agree with it when I think about what our #1 picks are going to equate to.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is going to hang 50 on Ohio State.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not betting on this because I don't feel that strongly about this game one way or the other. But my sense is Oregon wins, and scores a lot of points.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the valUe chart - if we give TBAY 3 1st's; plus 2 #2's = 3310 points. The 1st pick in the Draft is worth 3000 points. That should do it. I would do this, as long we solve the secondary problem in free agency, which means we have to get 2 starting CB's and 1 starting SS. Minimum..

Let me see if I understand the math correct.

Three first round draft picks + 2 Second round picks = Mariota

I truly think of any GM in the NFL that would be that stupid. Not even Jerry Jones.....(I am sure Snyder learned his lesson)

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 first rd picks plus 2 second rd picks = a lot of years of 6-10

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as outrageous and stupid as it seems, Chipster has full control, and Lurie won't try to stop him. Chip is very convincing, and tell Jeffy that he will win Super Bowls if he gets Mariota, and Jeff will be "all in".

As I mentioned, Chip will fill the holes at CB, S, and ILB in FA, and use all other draft picks to add depth at OL, and WR. He already has the D-line.

It sounds logical, given that we stink at late round draft picks. Just sayin'.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as outrageous and stupid as it seems, Chipster has full control, and Lurie won't try to stop him. Chip is very convincing, and tell Jeffy that he will win Super Bowls if he gets Mariota, and Jeff will be "all in".

As I mentioned, Chip will fill the holes at CB, S, and ILB in FA, and use all other draft picks to add depth at OL, and WR. He already has the D-line.

It sounds logical, given that we stink at late round draft picks. Just sayin'.

May Mariotta get exposed by Ohio State and end up in the late teens. Amen.

I wish Mariotta was a solution to our offensive problems, but his weaknesses are the same as our weaknesses. And if the only advantage he offers is running, well we already know that's not a sustainable way to move the football.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I hope he does slide down a bit, but not counting on it.
If Ohio State is that good, how come Penn State took them to the end of the game, and they got screwed by a poor official's call. I realize that OSU probably took them too lightly, but still the fact is we could have beaten them. So, it will be interesting to see how Oregon (and Mariota) does Monday night.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I hope he does slide down a bit, but not counting on it.
If Ohio State is that good, how come Penn State took them to the end of the game, and they got screwed by a poor official's call. I realize that OSU probably took them too lightly, but still the fact is we could have beaten them. So, it will be interesting to see how Oregon (and Mariota) does Monday night.

On the other hand, if Mariotta tears it up and makes the Bucs want him at #1, Chip might not have the opportunity to act a fool.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I would want Mariota, is that we know that in every game, we left points on the field. Having a QB that knows howto run this system, as well as the athletic ability to run it better than Foles or Sanchez, means that we would have won a couple of games where we didn't score enough.
My opinion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I would want Mariota, is that we know that in every game, we left points on the field. Having a QB that knows howto run this system, as well as the athletic ability to run it better than Foles or Sanchez, means that we would have won a couple of games where we didn't score enough.
My opinion.

As a team we already scored 3rd most points in the league. But we don't possess the football, and we don't keep opponents from possessing the football so we don't win enough games.