• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Price for Mariota...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any trades that has the giving up any good players and draft picks for a QB cost too much IMO. QB is not the biggest need on this team the secondary is.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout this...

1. Trade our #1 pick (16-20) + 2016 (1st rd pick) + Vinny Curry to Raiders for their #1 (Could be 3rd overall). The Raiders need a ton of help & most likely will be looking to trade down.

And you think the Eagles don't need a ton of help?

2. Then trade #3 overall + our 2nd rd. pick in 2015 + QB Nick Foles + to Bucs for their #1 overall selection. Bucs could then use that pick on Leonard Williams. We get Mariota.

So basically in the first two rounds we get a QB only. Lose a good defensive player and do not address the part of the team that needs to most help?

Another thing to keep in mind is that if we get to pick #3, Mariota could simply pull an Eli Manning or John Elway demand he play for the Eagles. It could happen.

Will never happen. Probably never even crossed his mind. Based on all the report out there he is not that type of person.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually starting to think the Bucs will wind up choosing Winston & not play around with any trades & just select him #1. I dont see Mariota as a fit for Wisenhunt. Too different a scheme. I honestly cant see many teams giving up a ton for Mariota because he isnt a fit for every offense. Or that is what it seems like.

Jags already got their guy & may want to stay put. Maybe not. Raiders seem to have theirs. Maybe they want to stay. Who knows.

If its only to get to #4. We might be able to swing a deal where we send #20 this year, a 4th (we have an extra one), DE Vinny Curry & our #1 next year. I think that would be fair for Mariota. Especially given the nightmare scenario that unfolded for the Skins. Teams are not gonna just forget that happened. Foles could then be traded for an extra 2nd or 3rd.

1. QB Mariota
2. ILB Perryman (for Foles - Texans would be a good destination for him)
2. OL Grassu
3. CB IEO
4. CB J.Shaw or S.Nelson
5. WR

If Chip has any power left in the organization, he'll try to make the move for Mariota IMO.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat no where near enough once again. The 20th pick is too far of a jump back for a team. Especially for a measly return of a 1st rounder and a situational pass rusher.

Now if for some reason Mariota falls to the 8th or 9th pick in the draft now a huge package probably our 1st and 2nd this year, 1st and 2nd next year and maybe a player like Boykin or Curry can get you up there. But there is no whay Mariota falls that far. You might as well just fit him for his Tampa Bay uniform now.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Mariota falls to #8 or so, there are other teams before #20 that would probably offer a better package to move up, IMO. If it happens for us without giving up the farm, then that will be great, but it's not worth stressing about it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty should become our focus....I liked the kid before, but after watching him Shred the great Mich St secondary, several of whom are gonna be high picks in this years NFL draft, made me a huge fan in a hurry.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty should become our focus....I liked the kid before, but after watching him Shred the great Mich St secondary, several of whom are gonna be high picks in this years NFL draft, made me a huge fan in a hurry.

Been a fan of Petty for a while ... even thought he may go at the tail end of Rd 1 (prior to this game). He certainly has improved his stock now ... he just lit up one of the best 2ndaries in college football.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota looked sick & Jameis simply is overrated imo. Will be interesting to see what TB does but Mariota made a great case to be the #1 pick & Winston was only ok. Though his team let him down big time.

I was hoping Winston would outshine Mariota today but that definitely didnt happen.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota looked sick & Jameis simply is overrated imo. Will be interesting to see what TB does but Mariota made a great case to be the #1 pick & Winston was only ok. Though his team let him down big time.

I was hoping Winston would outshine Mariota today but that definitely didnt happen.

Mariota has looked like that all year ... that's why I've said a trade up is so unlikely for us. It's the reason I've said that Tampa would be nuts to have QB be their biggest need and trade away the pick for anything less than a King's ransom. Tampa will take Mariota and hire an OC well schooled in his style of play or one who can adapt to it.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Rey said Mariota has looked that good all year, he is the first overall pick hands down. Now Winston is an interesting case there are some saying he would rather play baseball than football. Wondering how ta plays out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Rey said Mariota has looked that good all year, he is the first overall pick hands down. Now Winston is an interesting case there are some saying he would rather play baseball than football. Wondering how ta plays out.

Yeah I'd be playing up that angle too right now if I was 30 of the teams.

Mariotta is faster than Winston. Everything else Winston has on him. Mariotta throws half bubble screens. Winston throws half 20 yard darts. Not saying Mariotta isn't a nice prospect to develop, but Winston is clearly better except in maturity, which matters, but come on he's only 20 and only played 2 years of college.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a situation where the Eagles are able to get Mariota because the price would be way too high for a rookie QB. You would have to do a Herschel Walker type trade to get him and there are enough desperate teams for QB's in the early rounds that they won't let it happen.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a situation where the Eagles are able to get Mariota because the price would be way too high for a rookie QB. You would have to do a Herschel Walker type trade to get him and there are enough desperate teams for QB's in the early rounds that they won't let it happen.
We can just draft his clone then in Bryan Bennett in rd 4.:agree:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chip might. He might have needed to clear everyone else from personnel decisions so that he could do something that no NFL level executive would be foolish enough to do. None of the big trades up have ever worked.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a small miracle if Chip can pull it off, without giving up the farm.
If he does though, Mariota is the perfect guy for the Birds.
Just think we only have 3 1/2 more months to ponder this. :)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can just draft his clone then in Bryan Bennett in rd 4.:agree:
Mariota has 3 years of college experience in the offense. Bennett has almost none. They're not clone's, although I agree that Bennett would be a decent flyer for us. Certainly a better idea than's Chip's last QB idea which was to waste a couple picks on Matt Barkley and then do nothing to try to develop him.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a deal where a team traded from 20 to number 1 in the draft? Most of these type trade ups happen with somebody in the top 10. Now there have been many situations where teams have traded from say 18,19,20 to the later half of the top ten (think Antone Davis :)). So if Mariota does fall and I still cant imagne he will, then I say see Chip giving up a 1 plus a 2 or 3 to jump up to say number 8 or 9 in the draft to get him. Otherwise this just isnt going to happen.

Plus please tell me where Chip has ever said he needs a running QB to win in his system. He has won the last year and half withouta running QB with Foles and Sanchez. I still think the most important quality that chip is looking for is the ability to read a defense, after all that is what the zone read is about.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a deal where a team traded from 20 to number 1 in the draft? Most of these type trade ups happen with somebody in the top 10. Now there have been many situations where teams have traded from say 18,19,20 to the later half of the top ten (think Antone Davis :)). So if Mariota does fall and I still cant imagne he will, then I say see Chip giving up a 1 plus a 2 or 3 to jump up to say number 8 or 9 in the draft to get him. Otherwise this just isnt going to happen.

It would likely have to happen in stages. Like 20 to 8 and then 8 to 1. But it's doubtful that Chip understands that anyway. He may come to understand that by the time the draft comes around but he's doesn't have a clue about it today. This is a guy that completely consumes himself in the work of the present day and he's never been in this "present day" before.

Plus please tell me where Chip has ever said he needs a running QB to win in his system. He has won the last year and half withouta running QB with Foles and Sanchez. I still think the most important quality that chip is looking for is the ability to read a defense, after all that is what the zone read is about.

Well he was practically crying about it after (maybe before) that Seahawks game. Not that he didn't have one, but how magically special that ability is.