• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen reports that he has scheduled surgery. That may be the agent embellishing, but if that is true, the $4 mill would probably be added back in.
I think the main thing the Flyers will cite is the fact he played for Colorado 2 days before his trade. He never said he was injured until after the trade, IMO he or Colorado should be at fault.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good story. It explains the situation in depth.
My guess is that either Johansen did not want to see the "independent" doctor or the independent doctor said the surgery is not necessary. Bottom line is that it's obvious that he has no intention of playing for the Flyers, but still wants to get paid (see Ryan Ellis).

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that either Johansen did not want to see the "independent" doctor or the independent doctor said the surgery is not necessary. Bottom line is that it's obvious that he has no intention of playing for the Flyers, but still wants to get paid (see Ryan Ellis).
More like he knows he'll never play again and trying to secure a payday!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate those two POS :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, seems to me like it'll be pretty hard for Johansen to prove his case. Played right up until the Flyers said they were sending him to the AHL, claimed injury, then for some reason didn't get surgery for 4 months but is still claiming injury? The AHL thing is part of they key to the case too, it wasn't just getting traded. He got traded, Flyers said they were going to send him down, he said he was willing to work through his beef with Torts to play in the NHL and the Flyers said "no thanks, we don't like you, AHL it is" and then he claimed injury.

Then, presumably like Chy is saying here, he's either not seeing the Flyers (or independent) doctor who may or may not, or already did, say he didn't need surgery.

Still seems a little spiteful on the Flyers part IMO. They can afford to pay him. They don't need the cap space. Why throw gas on a smoking stick with regards to players not wanting to play in Philly? Not sure terminating his contract is doing them any favors in terms of player perception, even if they seem to be 100% justified here. So now they have this, Torts in general, Gauthier feeling slighted by not getting to burn a year of his ELC, Kolosov bolting back to Russia. Each individual one is a nothing burger IMO, but adding them all together is at least mildly concerning when it comes time for the Flyers to start luring free agents in a few years. That being said, winning cures everything.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, seems to me like it'll be pretty hard for Johansen to prove his case. Played right up until the Flyers said they were sending him to the AHL, claimed injury, then for some reason didn't get surgery for 4 months but is still claiming injury? The AHL thing is part of they key to the case too, it wasn't just getting traded. He got traded, Flyers said they were going to send him down, he said he was willing to work through his beef with Torts to play in the NHL and the Flyers said "no thanks, we don't like you, AHL it is" and then he claimed injury.

Then, presumably like Chy is saying here, he's either not seeing the Flyers (or independent) doctor who may or may not, or already did, say he didn't need surgery.

Still seems a little spiteful on the Flyers part IMO. They can afford to pay him. They don't need the cap space. Why throw gas on a smoking stick with regards to players not wanting to play in Philly? Not sure terminating his contract is doing them any favors in terms of player perception, even if they seem to be 100% justified here. So now they have this, Torts in general, Gauthier feeling slighted by not getting to burn a year of his ELC, Kolosov bolting back to Russia. Each individual one is a nothing burger IMO, but adding them all together is at least mildly concerning when it comes time for the Flyers to start luring free agents in a few years. That being said, winning cures everything.
Hopefully there is some type of resolution that isn't all or nothing. I have heard suggestions of some type of settlement, but I don't know if there is a provision in the CBA that allows for something other than a buyout or contract termination. Could an arbitrator say to pay him $2 million and he is a free agent?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets be honest AWAZ we have be doing the right thing as far as an organization for the last decade and still no big free agents were willing to come to Philly. This situation will not hurt us as far a drawing in free agents as we weren't getting any of the top free agents anyway.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest AWAZ we have be doing the right thing as far as an organization for the last decade and still no big free agents were willing to come to Philly. This situation will not hurt us as far a drawing in free agents as we weren't getting any of the top free agents anyway.
Yes but like Awaz said, winning cures everything. Our youngsters start playing good and winning they'll come.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3