• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots defense is historically bad

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference in how they are losing though. They were not great to start that 2014 season but they still had 2 games in that first 4 where they held their opponents to 7 and 9 points. So far this year 30 or more to every opponent.

Sorry misspoke. Held the Saints to 20 points.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early. I said prevsiously that I won't feel any concern till after week 8. If they are 4-4 at that point, they are toast.
i'm at week 5 for concern, i.e thursday in the house of crab legs and pussy grabbing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm at week 5 for concern, i.e thursday in the house of crab legs and pussy grabbing.

The Pats D is so bad this year I wouldn't be surprised if they give up points on their bye week.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is you have a great pass rusher in Wise who's getting to the QB and causing the pocket to collapse, but he is on the sidelines most of the time. Then we have a run stuffer in Guy who is playing on the edge while the DL is getting blown of the ball at times. Some shit makes no sense. Also, the LB core is to fucking slow. That is why we saw Flowers out there in the 4th...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats D is so bad this year I wouldn't be surprised if they give up points on their bye week.
"the browns are up 10-0 and they dont play them this year"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the browns are up 10-0 and they dont play them this year"

How did the Clowns score 10 points 2 FG's & 2 safeties? Because they don't know how to score TD's.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest concern for the Patriots is their complete lack of a pass rush. You can't give 32 points a game and be anything more than a .500 team. Not even Tom Brady can be counted on to score 33 points a game.

So there I was watching the Seattle-Indy game, watching Justin Coleman (used to play for the Patriots) with a big interception, Jabal Sheard (used for play for the Patriots) make a sack and realize where the problem started.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what the problem is. The Pats D looks just fine to me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there I was watching the Seattle-Indy game, watching Justin Coleman (used to play for the Patriots) with a big interception, Jabal Sheard (used for play for the Patriots) make a sack and realize where the problem started.

Players in the past have talked about this issue with the Pats that they are so set in thinking they can make the next great player that they will let actual decent to great players go too early. Some ex-players have said letting go of "x" player probably kept them from winning another Super Bowl or two.

Belichick is the best coach in football but I think there are times that Belichick the coach is having to make up for Belichick the GM and some of the decisions he makes.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Clowns score 10 points 2 FG's & 2 safeties? Because they don't know how to score TD's.
they do against NE! kizer has 280 yards and 3 TD's before the half.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do against NE! kizer has 280 yards and 3 TD's before the half.

Only 3 TD's in the 1st half? You have greatly underestimated the high octane offense in Cleveland.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 TD's in the 1st half? You have greatly underestimated the high octane offense in Cleveland.
hes one funny lookin dude

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining is maybe this will stop the networks from mentioning and showing Matt Patricia every 9 minutes.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players in the past have talked about this issue with the Pats that they are so set in thinking they can make the next great player that they will let actual decent to great players go too early. Some ex-players have said letting go of "x" player probably kept them from winning another Super Bowl or two.

Belichick is the best coach in football but I think there are times that Belichick the coach is having to make up for Belichick the GM and some of the decisions he makes.

Yes, absolutely. Every Patriots Fan has a list of bad calls by Belichick. Deion Branch, Richard Seymour (which both may have won another SB for the Pats) to Sheard, Collins, Chandler Jones and the like.

As much as Belichick is great at picking up mid-level players and making them decent, sometimes he certainly makes mistakes.

This year was particularly bad. So far Gilmore is definitely not worth the money. Maybe he'll get better but right now he's mediocre. The trade for Kone Ealy was just plain terrible. A second round pick for player who doesn't even make it out of training camp. Plus they got rid of some decent players with the idea that Ealy would be a great replacement.

Right now getting Gilmore's mind right is the big challenge. We can't trade or cut him at this point so he just has to get better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, absolutely. Every Patriots Fan has a list of bad calls by Belichick. Deion Branch, Richard Seymour (which both may have won another SB for the Pats) to Sheard, Collins, Chandler Jones and the like.

As much as Belichick is great at picking up mid-level players and making them decent, sometimes he certainly makes mistakes.

This year was particularly bad. So far Gilmore is definitely not worth the money. Maybe he'll get better but right now he's mediocre. The trade for Kone Ealy was just plain terrible. A second round pick for player who doesn't even make it out of training camp. Plus they got rid of some decent players with the idea that Ealy would be a great replacement.

Right now getting Gilmore's mind right is the big challenge. We can't trade or cut him at this point so he just has to get better.

The Ealy trade was one that I remember the media just going nuts over and I didn't see the big deal. He had one great game in his career. Yes it happened to be the Super Bowl but he was going against a 3rd string LT that the Broncos had to pick up early in the season because of injuries. Beyond that one game he had done very little in his career. Now given they didn't trade a ton. In reality it was around a 5th round in value to move from late 2nd to early 3rd round but still just shows even the best in the game like Belichick make mistakes.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ealy trade was one that I remember the media just going nuts over and I didn't see the big deal. He had one great game in his career. Yes it happened to be the Super Bowl but he was going against a 3rd string LT that the Broncos had to pick up early in the season because of injuries. Beyond that one game he had done very little in his career. Now given they didn't trade a ton. In reality it was around a 5th round in value to move from late 2nd to early 3rd round but still just shows even the best in the game like Belichick make mistakes.

Yes he's certainly not infallible. To me I think the expectations were too high for the Ealy trade. I guess they thought they could couch him up. Similar in thinking to Gilmore who seems to be having trouble adapting.

A higher pick would have nice. He has seems to have a hard time with players who don't quite drink deeply from the Kool-Aid, so they end up gone after a year. For example I know Sheard had an off year and didn't quite "get it" but god knows he'd be great to have now. Chandler Jones is another example. Ok. He did a stupid thing with the fake THC but he's still a a good DE we could use. Now Malcolm Brown who was really good last year is on the outs.

Maybe he's getting crotchety as he gets older.

Yes he is so far the best coach in the league but he does stumble like other humans.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the patriots are now giving up 7.2 yards per PLAY

not per pass, or per return...

per PLAY. every snap is good for 7.2 yards (7.3 at home, 6.8 away). thats a yard worse than NO for 2nd worst.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opponent Yards per Play on TeamRankings.com

2016, it was 5.3 per snap (near the middle of the pack). they are on pace to destroy the nfl record.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry Pats fans. BB will sacrifice a street free agent in a Satanic ritual and get the defense right back on track.

You see how fucked up his kids look, think he sacrificed them already