• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots defense is historically bad

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is fucking insane:

When you put all three of those core tenets together, what do you get? Time for opposing quarterbacks. Offenses have figured out that when you play the Patriots, you’ll have time to operate downfield concepts. In fact, opposing offenses are averaging 3.1 seconds to throw against the Patriots, the highest figure in the NFL (league average is 2.7 seconds). And that number comes after facing Alex Smith and Drew Brees who were first and fourth, respectively, a season ago in terms of quickest time to attempt.
With all that time, opposing quarterbacks are shredding the Patriots’ defense. Through three weeks, opposing quarterbacks have attempted 54 passes coming 2.7 seconds or more after the snap. They’ve gained 544 yards on those passes. That’s over 10 yards per attempt. Cornerbacks, safeties, and linebackers can only stay in the hip pocket of a receiver for so long in man coverage before they allow some separation. If an offense can scheme knowing it will have time, they can bring a defense to its knees.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLJNi54WAAEXsX5.jpg
Nice too bad you stole the idea from Mike & Mike this morning. You're not that creative

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is fucking insane:

When you put all three of those core tenets together, what do you get? Time for opposing quarterbacks. Offenses have figured out that when you play the Patriots, you’ll have time to operate downfield concepts. In fact, opposing offenses are averaging 3.1 seconds to throw against the Patriots, the highest figure in the NFL (league average is 2.7 seconds). And that number comes after facing Alex Smith and Drew Brees who were first and fourth, respectively, a season ago in terms of quickest time to attempt.
With all that time, opposing quarterbacks are shredding the Patriots’ defense. Through three weeks, opposing quarterbacks have attempted 54 passes coming 2.7 seconds or more after the snap. They’ve gained 544 yards on those passes. That’s over 10 yards per attempt. Cornerbacks, safeties, and linebackers can only stay in the hip pocket of a receiver for so long in man coverage before they allow some separation. If an offense can scheme knowing it will have time, they can bring a defense to its knees.

hell QBs don't see that much time against this D either... They could just chuck it and pray and still their receivers would catch it.

Yesterdays game what did the Panthers average on 3rd down.... like 7 yards? How many yards did they actually average (gain) like 18?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore sucks. Cost a 4th down sack with another "jazz hands to the face" on the final drive.

Still early. I said prevsiously that I won't feel any concern till after week 8. If they are 4-4 at that point, they are toast.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early. I said prevsiously that I won't feel any concern till after week 8. If they are 4-4 at that point, they are toast.

"Toast"?

How so?

They will still win their division

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could go 9-7 and win that shit division.

Its a disgrace.....Giants 0-4, I know my season is over

Pats could have gone 0-4, and Vegas would still list them as heavy favorites to win that shit show of a division

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Browns?

Thats like 102-6

Yeah... I was shocked to see that many wins... But yes that really is what it looks like in Browns fans eyes

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a disgrace.....Giants 0-4, I know my season is over

Pats could have gone 0-4, and Vegas would still list them as heavy favorites to win that shit show of a division

and weei would say they wouldn't lose another game.. But oh useless clowns over there

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only concession is...weve seen this before, recently.
It took revis et all until week 5 to do anything worth a shit.
But gilmore aint revis.

Big difference in how they are losing though. They were not great to start that 2014 season but they still had 2 games in that first 4 where they held their opponents to 7 and 9 points. So far this year 30 or more to every opponent.