• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots OTA's

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense can easily work in a trick play or two

I know expecting the next JE11 is a huge ask but if this dude morphs into a reliable receiver with trick play ability that would be sweet. Supposedly he's super fast.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know expecting the next JE11 is a huge ask but if this dude morphs into a reliable receiver with trick play ability that would be sweet. Supposedly he's super fast.
As a whole I never like the player comparison seems so unfair to the rookie when things don't work out.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a whole I never like the player comparison seems so unfair to the rookie when things don't work out.

Agreed. I'm not really trying to compare the players but maybe compare the potential that the players shared as rookies. The potential appears to be there with this kid. The big question is does he have the chip on his shoulder like Edelman did and willingness to carve out a role for himself the way Edelman did? BB apparently thinks so. It will be exciting if it works out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense can easily work in a trick play or two
Oh you know that's what they are working on.

Now that the NFL has said you can carry a third QB not counted against the 53/46 man roster. Does BB slot Malik as a QB opening up another spot, while using him as a WR/RPO QB???
BB always pushing the rules.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that the NFL has said you can carry a third QB not counted against the 53/46 man roster. Does BB slot Malik as a QB opening up another spot, while using him as a WR/RPO QB???
Ohh I think he absolutely does.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the third QB is for if the first two go down, not for a trick play now and then.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the third QB is for if the first two go down, not for a trick play now and then.
But he is suited up, you don't think it would be permissible to put him on the field? Or are you thinking he can only play after both QBs do down?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NFL...

One hour and 30 minutes prior to kickoff, each club is required to establish its Active List for the game by notifying the Referee of the players on its Inactive List for that game. Each club may also designate one emergency third quarterback from its 53-player Active/Inactive List (i.e., elevated players are not eligible for designation) who will be eligible to be activated during the game, if the club's first two quarterbacks on its game day Active List are not able to participate in the game due to injury or disqualification (activation cannot be a result of a head coach's in-game decision to remove a player from the game due to performance or conduct). If either of the injured quarterbacks is cleared by the medical staff to return to play, the emergency third quarterback must be removed from the game and is not permitted to continue to play quarterback or any other position, but is eligible to return to the game to play quarterback if another emergency third quarterback situation arises.
A club is not eligible to use these procedures if it carries three quarterbacks on its game day Active List [47- or 48-players in 2023].

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NFL...

One hour and 30 minutes prior to kickoff, each club is required to establish its Active List for the game by notifying the Referee of the players on its Inactive List for that game. Each club may also designate one emergency third quarterback from its 53-player Active/Inactive List (i.e., elevated players are not eligible for designation) who will be eligible to be activated during the game, if the club's first two quarterbacks on its game day Active List are not able to participate in the game due to injury or disqualification (activation cannot be a result of a head coach's in-game decision to remove a player from the game due to performance or conduct). If either of the injured quarterbacks is cleared by the medical staff to return to play, the emergency third quarterback must be removed from the game and is not permitted to continue to play quarterback or any other position, but is eligible to return to the game to play quarterback if another emergency third quarterback situation arises.
A club is not eligible to use these procedures if it carries three quarterbacks on its game day Active List [47- or 48-players in 2023].
Hmm interesting. I wonder if BB lists him as the 3rd QB or something else?