• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Famous Idaho Potato is another which if it is looking might be a better destination for WSU or Oregon State. Scenario is Fresno gets BCS bid moves MW teams up in bowls. they have 5 teams for 6 bowls. I2 teams on the bubble have to play Fresno and Utah State so I am not so sure I see them getting it. the last bubble team plays a woeful Air Force so should get it. but 6 teams and 6 bowls and fresno to BCS means open spot.
IF none of the Bubble teams win then Hawaii Bowl is in the mix.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car Care could also be a spot if the Big 12 gets a BCS at large. Big 10 opponent maybe Michigan or Iowa.

Well if we are talking Oregon State going to one of these.... I think that is a loss for the PAC. Lots of time to prepare and a long ways off, but wow.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougs def got a shot at a bid given they haven't been to a bowl in ages. The AD will be able to sell the various bowl committee that their fans will be motivated to attend in decent numbers given the long absence. Plus whatever tix allotment they demand bought in advance, the PAC teams got the coin and will pay up to make it happen. One of the nice side benefits of the broadcast deal. Lots of piggyback to throw around on situations like this.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose: Stanford vs Ohio State

Alamo: Oregon vs Oklahoma

Holiday: Arizona State vs Texas Tech

Sun: UCLA vs Virginia Tech

Vegas: Southern Cal vs Boise State

Kraft Fight Hunger: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: Arizona vs Colorado ST

Little Cesars: Washington State vs Ball State

Independence: Oregon State vs Georgia Tech

Could think of worse fates at this point if Huskies end up in SF for the FH. Considering how many PAC teams are bowl eligible this year. Right now, 9-4 for 2013 I would consider a big accomplishment. Huge pressure taken off our coaching crew and solid mojo for that critical Jan to LOI recruiting. Especially for Cali recruiting. Nice to have a bowl right in that backyard.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holly crap what a day yesterday, it was a full on Pac 12 day in my house!

Where is the kid? I figured he would be going ape shit over his Devils?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could think of worse fates at this point if Huskies end up in SF for the FH. Considering how many PAC teams are bowl eligible this year. Right now, 9-4 for 2013 I would consider a big accomplishment. Huge pressure taken off our coaching crew and solid mojo for that critical Jan to LOI recruiting. Especially for Cali recruiting. Nice to have a bowl right in that backyard.

:rollseyes:

I would like to see, a drumming of WSU and a sound victory over BYU in the bowl game, then I believe the coaching staff can relax, a little :whistle:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's games really show the improved playing in the PAC12. I don't think it's so much that the Ducks are overrated, but more of the case that teams like the Wildcats and Sun Devils are much improved over the past few years. SC is improved over last year, the Bruins have found a very good coach in Mora, and even the Cougs are bowl eligable. I think you could make the argument that next year, the PAC12 could very easily eclipse the SEC.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's games really show the improved playing in the PAC12. I don't think it's so much that the Ducks are overrated, but more of the case that teams like the Wildcats and Sun Devils are much improved over the past few years. SC is improved over last year, the Bruins have found a very good coach in Mora, and even the Cougs are bowl eligable. I think you could make the argument that next year, the PAC12 could very easily eclipse the SEC.

The days of one or two programs dominating this conference are done, yes it will still have two or three that will be in the National spot light year in and year out, but they still have to play in conference and have the tough task of making it through without taken a lose from another Pac 12 team. The Arizona schools really had there moment in the sun yesterday, that was huge.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could make the argument that next year, the PAC12 could very easily eclipse the SEC.

I think there is an argument right now that they are pretty close overall. SEC certainly has the top end, but each team has 9 bowl eligible teams. Pac is just beating up on ourselves more.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Pac has that many bowl eligible with one less cupcake non conference game than the SEC. Pac teams have to win 3 conference games at the very least to make a bowl. SEC only has to find two wins in conference which is just sad.

As far as measuring us against them as a whole conference how the Pac does in their bowl games will be what we measure them against. Particularly the top bowls. Stanford, Oregon, ASU, USC all have to step up and win their bowls if you want to have the SEC argument.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably going to either sound retarded or a bit arrogant.

BUt with these two conference losses while being incredibly disappointed, I am also a bit relieved.

Heavy is the crown type of thing I suppose. If fans of CFB teams had conference crowns.

You take this Oregon team that we all know the history of, and give them the past 5 seasons and it was a ride I will never forget and cant wait to happen again next season.

Well, those 5 years have had me in knots every game. That and being on ESPN and every other media outlet daily was awesome, but also incredibly nerve racking over the last 2 seasons for this obsessive Duck fan.

Now it just seems I can get back to enjoying a Duck game without massive implications. I can also enjoy other teams playing without having to despise them. Like I have with Stanford, SC, and even other top 10 teams from other conferences.

And no joke, the competitive balance of the PAC to me is such a great feeling. I know, sounds dumb. But just how I feel.

I will be looking forward to the 2014 season more so than years past because my expectations may be slightly lowered. SLIGHTYLY!:whistle:

The pre season magazines and talk on here will be very interesting with Stanford and Oregon being gutted by the draft.

But still the Civil War and a Bowl game to go, so no... The sky isn't falling, just a new and almost refreshing outlook on a new era of Duck Football. One that will have Duck fans and hopefully players very very excited for a Rose Bowl bid and even an at large CFP game. Build up to that 4 team playoff bid and DUck Nation will be on fire with a bid. Not expecting it.

Have we forgotten how great this felt? Lets remember where we came from.
Jerry Allen's Special Call - YouTube

Having spent a season or 2 as a fan of the team "wearing the crown", I'd rather wear the crown!! Here's something that I think should help Ducks fans in the future (since I don't think Oregon is going away anytime soon):

When USC was on our run during the Pete Carroll era, for the 3 seasons, the goal was the National Championship (it's that thing you Ducks fans call the "Natty":doh:). When USC was left out of the NCG despite being #1 in both human polls in PC's 3rd season, the goal for each season changed and the "mantra" was "Control what we can control". That meant the PAC and the Rose Bowl.

If winning the PAC and therefore being eligible for the Rose Bowl gave us the necessary resume' to get to the NCG, Great!! If not, no worries because the goal was always the Rose Bowl anyway.

Oregon needs to go back to "Win the Day" or borrow "Control what we can control". The PAC eats it's own and going unbeaten in this conference is incredibly difficult. Ducks fans should do as USC did and will continue to do and worry about controlling the PAC. If that is good enough to get you into the playoffs (I'm guessing that will be the case more often than not) then great!! If not, the Grandaddy ain't no small potatoes!!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having spent a season or 2 as a fan of the team "wearing the crown", I'd rather wear the crown!! Here's something that I think should help Ducks fans in the future (since I don't think Oregon is going away anytime soon):

When USC was on our run during the Pete Carroll era, for the 3 seasons, the goal was the National Championship (it's that thing you Ducks fans call the "Natty":doh:). When USC was left out of the NCG despite being #1 in both human polls in PC's 3rd season, the goal for each season changed and the "mantra" was "Control what we can control". That meant the PAC and the Rose Bowl.

If winning the PAC and therefore being eligible for the Rose Bowl gave us the necessary resume' to get to the NCG, Great!! If not, no worries because the goal was always the Rose Bowl anyway.

Oregon needs to go back to "Win the Day" or borrow "Control what we can control". The PAC eats it's own and going unbeaten in this conference is incredibly difficult. Ducks fans should do as USC did and will continue to do and worry about controlling the PAC. If that is good enough to get you into the playoffs (I'm guessing that will be the case more often than not) then great!! If not, the Grandaddy ain't no small potatoes!!

:agree: with all of it

and :10: on bolded

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to send out search parties to find OcD and Wallace to see if they are ok? I mean I expect Wallace will eventually wake up with a hell of a hangover, but both of them had tough days yesterday.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to send out search parties to find OcD and Wallace to see if they are ok? I mean I expect Wallace will eventually wake up with a hell of a hangover, but both of them had tough days yesterday.

I'll survive Whiz...Well done and Congrats on your Huskie slaughter last nite. Father-in-law was admitted into the hospital last nite so I have more important things to attend too today.

Where's my NEW avi sir?:yahoo:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll survive Whiz...Well done and Congrats on your Huskie slaughter last nite. Father-in-law was admitted into the hospital last nite so I have more important things to attend too today.

Where's my NEW avi sir?:yahoo:

Thoughts and prayers for your father-in-law. Hope it's nothing too serious.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is if Oregon State loses the CIvil they are on the outside looking in if anyone is. And it sounding more likely.

Totally agree Mamba...IF me Beavs lose the Civil they have no biz playing in the post season. Losing 5 straight is rediculous and should NOT BE rewarded with anything.:gaah:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is an argument right now that they are pretty close overall. SEC certainly has the top end, but each team has 9 bowl eligible teams. Pac is just beating up on ourselves more.

Here's where I see this conference right now:

Top Tier Teams :

Stanford, Oregon, SC - these three will have the national spot light again next year, SC will be back once they get there schollies back its just a given.

Second Tier teams:

ASU UW, UCLA, Arizona, Utah- Arizona and UCLA are the two I'm still not convinced, Cats had a great win yesterday, but they need to beat the middle teams as well, and for UCLA I just don't believe in Mora, never had and never will

Third Tier teams:

OSU, Wazzu, Cal , Colorado- I got OSU down there for the simple reason they took a step back this season, but I believe if they adjust get better blocking I think can be a pain in the ass next season for opposing teams...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP poll out:

8) Stanford
12) Oregon
13) ASU
22) UCLA