• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way they played tonight I'm expecting the Ducks to drop 100 points on them, seriously.

While I don't think the sky is falling in Eugene, I have a hard time seeing this team blowing anyone out.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll most likely be going to the Alamo Bowl I think, maybe Holiday if Stanford loses the championship game. Those two bowls have to be licking their chops at the prospect of getting either Oregon or Stanford.

Im expecting winner of ASU and Stanford to go rose and loser to Alamo. I could see USC beat UCLA and go to Holiday which puts Oregon in the Sun.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't think the sky is falling in Eugene, I have a hard time seeing this team blowing anyone out.

All that's left in Corvallis is a smoking crater. Sark delivered the death blow.

tumblr_lgui19iwkq1qe8w6lo1_400.gif

You're going to be producing the football equivalent of a snuff flick of what's left of the Biebers next week.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably going to either sound retarded or a bit arrogant.

BUt with these two conference losses while being incredibly disappointed, I am also a bit relieved.

Heavy is the crown type of thing I suppose. If fans of CFB teams had conference crowns.

You take this Oregon team that we all know the history of, and give them the past 5 seasons and it was a ride I will never forget and cant wait to happen again next season.

Well, those 5 years have had me in knots every game. That and being on ESPN and every other media outlet daily was awesome, but also incredibly nerve racking over the last 2 seasons for this obsessive Duck fan.

Now it just seems I can get back to enjoying a Duck game without massive implications. I can also enjoy other teams playing without having to despise them. Like I have with Stanford, SC, and even other top 10 teams from other conferences.

And no joke, the competitive balance of the PAC to me is such a great feeling. I know, sounds dumb. But just how I feel.

I will be looking forward to the 2014 season more so than years past because my expectations may be slightly lowered. SLIGHTYLY!:whistle:

The pre season magazines and talk on here will be very interesting with Stanford and Oregon being gutted by the draft.

But still the Civil War and a Bowl game to go, so no... The sky isn't falling, just a new and almost refreshing outlook on a new era of Duck Football. One that will have Duck fans and hopefully players very very excited for a Rose Bowl bid and even an at large CFP game. Build up to that 4 team playoff bid and DUck Nation will be on fire with a bid. Not expecting it.

Have we forgotten how great this felt? Lets remember where we came from.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzIqqnbBwzo&feature=player_detailpage"]Jerry Allen's Special Call - YouTube[/ame]

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac-12 now has nine eligible teams with seven bowl agreements: The Rose Bowl, Alamo, Holiday, Sun, Las Vegas, Fight Hunger and New Mexico. Teams that don't get into one of those bowls would be eligible for an at-large invitation.

Who's going to be on the outside looking in. Hoping for an at large?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUt with these two conference losses while being incredibly disappointed, I am also a bit relieved.

Heavy is the crown type of thing I suppose. If fans of CFB teams had conference crowns.

You take this Oregon team that we all know the history of, and give them the past 5 seasons and it was a ride I will never forget and cant wait to happen again next season.

Well, those 5 years have had me in knots every game. That and being on ESPN and every other media outlet daily was awesome, but also incredibly nerve racking over the last 2 seasons for this obsessive Duck fan.

Now it just seems I can get back to enjoying a Duck game without massive implications. I can also enjoy other teams playing without having to despise them. Like I have with Stanford, SC, and even other top 10 teams from other conferences.

And no joke, the competitive balance of the PAC to me is such a great feeling. I know, sounds dumb. But just how I feel.

I will be looking forward to the 2014 season more so than years past because my expectations may be slightly lowered. SLIGHTYLY!:whistle:

The pre season magazines and talk on here will be very interesting with Stanford and Oregon being gutted by the draft.

But still the Civil War and a Bowl game to go, so no... The sky isn't falling, just a new and almost refreshing outlook on a new era of Duck Football. One that will have Duck fans and hopefully players very very excited for a Rose Bowl bid and even an at large CFP game. Build up to that 4 team playoff bid and DUck Nation will be on fire with a bid. Not expecting it.

Jerry Allen's Special Call - YouTube

You're starting to sound like NWTrucker. One more loss and we may never see Mamba again.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac-12 now has nine eligible teams with seven bowl agreements: The Rose Bowl, Alamo, Holiday, Sun, Las Vegas, Fight Hunger and New Mexico. Teams that don't get into one of those bowls would be eligible for an at-large invitation.

Who's going to be on the outside looking in. Hoping for an at large?

Right now WSU and Oregon state are the 2 most likely if Washington and Oregon win. at 6-6 and therefore both coming off losses they would be the last picks

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Oly. That makes sense.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone who has followed a team on a run knows that butt clinched feeling you get during that ride and how nervous you get over every game, every injury, and every pitfall. There were more seasons where UW blew a game and failed on their mission than climbed that mountain and looked down from the top and the same goes for USC during their last dynasty and every other in conference history.

Glad it's over? I'd give anything to get back up on that horse and sweat out every game and read every article and hold on to every nugget of the season again. I'd trade with you in a new york second.

I'd rather watch UW fail on a run to the NCG, but give us many highs over the season than watch them under perform and lose frustrating road games and generally leave a lot of apathy yet again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's unlikely that any team would be left out.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not glad the BCS streak is over. Just a new outlook on this team will do our fans a lot of good.

Humble pie for all was sorely needed.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's unlikely that any team would be left out.

Talk is if Oregon State loses the CIvil they are on the outside looking in if anyone is. And it sounding more likely.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only Duck fan that sees this as a meh, blip on the radar. Yes I had high expectations but the fact that Oregon has 2 loses this season, is about how things have been going lately. I mean Oregon had its first double digit wins under Bellotti and he only did it 4 times in 14 seasons. including 10-3 his last year. Kelly went 10-3 in his first season. and went 12-2 in 2011. Oregon under Helf could still get to 11-2.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is if Oregon State loses the CIvil they are on the outside looking in if anyone is. And it sounding more likely.

Well after tonight I can see why.

WSU would probably be another question as well. One the one hand it as been 10 years since they went to a bowl and many of their fans would probably travel, but there are also many who don't care for their HC and a low end podunk bowl might not call to them.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Oly. That makes sense.

Little Caesars
Heart of Dallas
Pinstripe

Those are three bowls that the 6-6 PAC teams may have a shot at, that didn't make in the initial 7 PAC bowl tie-ins. Depends on how many Big10 and Big12 teams are finally bowl eligible as of next week.

It's hike the skirt time for those teams. If a slot is available, they have to sell them that their fans will travel well enough to make it worth a bid.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of right now there are 70 eligible teams with 12 teams still looking to get eligible. there are 35 bowls meaning 70 spots

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only Duck fan that sees this as a meh, blip on the radar. Yes I had high expectations but the fact that Oregon has 2 loses this season, is about how things have been going lately. I mean Oregon had its first double digit wins under Bellotti and he only did it 4 times in 14 seasons. including 10-3 his last year. Kelly went 10-3 in his first season. and went 12-2 in 2011. Oregon under Helf could still get to 11-2.

This is Helfrich's first real test. He now has to get that team regrouped and refocused for their last two games and show potential recruits that the program isn't going to take any kind of major steps back. Can he? Of course he can. Oregon is facing a totally demoralized and disintegrating team next week and who knows who in a bowl.

Next year comes his second as they graduate or lose a lot to the NFL this year and this will be his first rebuilding effort.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cBS Jerry Palm Bowl Projections

Rose: Stanford vs Ohio State

Alamo: Oregon vs Oklahoma

Holiday: Arizona State vs Texas Tech

Sun: UCLA vs Virginia Tech

Vegas: Southern Cal vs Boise State

Kraft Fight Hunger: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: Arizona vs Colorado ST

Little Cesars: Washington State vs Ball State

Independence: Oregon State vs Georgia Tech

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Caesars
Heart of Dallas
Pinstripe

Those are three bowls that the 6-6 PAC teams may have a shot at, that didn't make in the initial 7 PAC bowl tie-ins. Depends on how many Big10 and Big12 teams are finally bowl eligible as of next week.

It's hike the skirt time for those teams. If a slot is available, they have to sell them that their fans will travel well enough to make it worth a bid.

Big Ten has 7 teams eligible no teams on the bubble and 8 spots which is Little Caesars to play a MAC school in Detroit. Likely Northern Illinois, Ball State or Bowling Green/Buffalo winner.

Pinstripe will be looking to replace Big 12 to play AAC team probably Houston.

Beef O brady could be looking to replace AAC as well if they dont get 6 and I dont know that they will. they have 4 in and 2 teams on the bubble one of which has their final game with UCF. the opponent would be another CUSA team.

Advocare V100 and Compass bowls may be looking to replace SEC. they are likely to get 2 BCS bids therefore moving everyone up and unless their bubble team gets eligible they could leave 2 open to play AAC and ACC.

If the Big Ten gets an at large into the BCS then the Heart of Dallas comes into play because that is their 7th bid and like I said they are right at that now. Opponent would be CUSA school. A lot of CUSA teams would be eligible here. but I doubt it will matter.

ACC will be the hang up as they have 10 teams eligble already and 1 on the bubble. they are a lot closer to all these bowls

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car Care could also be a spot if the Big 12 gets a BCS at large. Big 10 opponent maybe Michigan or Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.