• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember in the 1980s, the Doormat Ducks sucked soo much, they were ready to pull the plug on football, and go basketball only school.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Due to how bad UW has been for the past 10 years, they will be pulling the plug on football and become a competitive trampoline only school...

You huskies, just cant seem to spit Oregon's cock out of your mouth....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all. Need to vent for a minute.

I now see what long time duck fans go through. I have witnessed on some of the Stanford boards people calling for coach Shaw to step down, or at least give up some of his offensive control over losses to Utah and USC. For fuck sake, the team may miss a BCS bowl, but they still have a chance to finish 10-2. Do they forget that the same year the Huskies went 0-12 the Cardinal went 1-11? The team has risen incredibly fast from the Teevens and Harris era. To top that off, I cannot remember the last time Stanford had 4 straight 10 win seasons. I mean, for fuck sake, 6 years ago most of them would have been jumping for joy if you told them your team will be between 8-4 and 11-1 for the foreseeable future. Now they are freaking out over 2 losses? I am a 4th generation alum and lifelong fan. The highlight of my life, as a fan, so far, was getting to take my dad to the Rose Bowl last year. He missed all his chances due to having kids and moving around the country for work. I do not see Stanford dropping below 8-4 or 10-2 anytime in the next 4-5 years. That would give them 10 straight winning seasons. That has not been all that common in recent history for my boys on the farm.

Is fan memory really this myopic in all fan bases. If we had the last 10 years of the ducks I could see it a bit more, but this year, :noidea:? Yes the defensive efforts have been wasted often this season but calling Shaw a predictable and boring coach? FUCK YOU PEOPLE.

/rant. Sorry but I cannot say these things on Stanford boards in quite the same manner.

Oh and all of you picking Stanford to cover 30+ against CAL WTF? I just do not see it. Shaw will call off the dogs if he is up by that much to save steam for ND.

:laugh3::laugh3:

Un-FUCKING-real

One of the best 5 CFB coaches in the country hands down.....

You know, after the Boise loss on the road, Duck "fans" created a fireCHIPKELLY.com website.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt the official pickem. Utah WSU is still off due to Wilson's injury status that is up in the air still.

lines posted so far.

Washington @ Oregon State - 3 1/2

tie breaker game ASU @ UCLA + 2 1/2

SoCal @ Colorado +22 1/2

Oregon @ Arizona +19 1/2

Cal @ Stanford + 31 1/2

Utah @ WSU off

:suds:
Early on in the season I would have given some pretty good odds that USC would never be 3+ TD favorites on the road vs anybody in the PAC this year.

Now I'm not sure that 22.5 is near enough.

Funny how things can change so quickly in the game.:lol:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they forget that the same year the Huskies went 0-12 the Cardinal went 1-11? .

I do agree with most of your statement. However, this part, not quite.

Stanford
2006 1-11 (only win @ UW. :gaah:)
2007 4-8
2008 5-7
2009 8-5
2010 12-1
2011 11-2
2012 12-2

UW
2008 0-12
2009 5-7
2010 7-6
2011 7-6
2012 7-6

So 4 years removed from their 1-11 season, Stanford was in the BCS bowl hunt the following 3 years.

Sarks only a year behind by that measure. The 3 rebuilding years for Stanford they totaled 17 wins. UW had 19 wins their first 3 seasons after the debacle of 2008.

We arent that far off of Stanfords pace.

Don't make a liar out of me Sark...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Due to how bad UW has been for the past 10 years, they will be pulling the plug on football and become a competitive trampoline only school...

You huskies, just cant seem to spit Oregon's cock out of your mouth....

Ah your just pissed he brought up the 80's and your still walking around with your mullet, its ok Shaver it fits you....

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the ultimate long time suffering Duck fan.... Only thing is he is living like this team is the 2002-2004 Ducks and not the current era of Ducks.

Cant blame him... I guess.

I think he and I are close in age, he may have me by 5 years or so.... But I have been a fan since early 80s. SO I have suffered just as much as he. I just dont allow myself to be as pessimistic.

Yeo only had Oregon winning by 6 over Utah @ Autzen...... In a bounce back game. :rollseyes:

I'm 42. I did have them winning at least :)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 42. I did have them winning at least :)

I was close, you are 4 years older.

You are a great Duck fan.

You just rustle my jimmies every once in a while with the pessimistic approach.

Cant say I blame you if I look at transparently.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right. You might tell me to fuck off for this one.

Weather delayed games in the BCS era. What is the home teams winning %?

I have absolutely no idea.

DOnt even know where to look for it. THe sights that occasionaly assist me dont even cover that I dont believe.

I will check one of them that may.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely no idea.

DOnt even know where to look for it. THe sights that occasionaly assist me dont even cover that I dont believe.

I will check one of them that may.

I saw it a few years back but can't relocate it for the life of me.

I thought in that situation the home team had a huge advantage.

I know this year in the 2 weather delays I saw, Virginia beat BYU and BYU returned the favor vs Texas. Both home teams won in games most people didn't figure they would.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry late post, but have to get in my pick against SC.

Southern California @ Colorado +21 1/2

Oregon @ Arizona +20 1/2

California @ Stanford -31 1/2

Washington @ Oregon State -3 1/2

Utah @ Washington State -1 1/2

GAME OF WEEK: PICK SCORE

Arizona State @ UCLA +2 1/2

UCLA 24 Arizona State 27

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Mamba manned up and expressed his appreciation, so where's your dog in this fight. Complaining about a conference schedule is nothing short of whining and crying big time. No one would even think to bring up a schedule every team has to live with. It evens out over time. Funny after making an issue of home field advantage, early odds make #23 ASU the favorite at your house. Something you didn't mention, at least you don't back into the game this year. If you get past ASU and USC, you'll deserve it and I'll be there to congratulate you. Since that could happen it also proves what bull shit your argument was.
Complaining, crying & whining :lol:

Dude that's you!

And it's because your all jelly over dem Ducks! :laugh3:

I kinda needed to point out how you were in deep with the 'kettle calling the pot black' thing by looking at the schedule for comparison purposes. Never said one word about it before then. Oh and if you don't think those PAC schedule facts are relevant to your win/loss record then you're even more in the 'pot meets kettle' denial realm pretending it's a non factor to this years OR last years record. Y'all missed Oregon this year and Stanford last year, pretty fortunate if you ask me, not complain you see just stating some facts. Yes we missed Oregon last year but it didn't matter as we locked up the South title before the regular season ended. Taking a loss to Oregon wouldn't have changed anything for us because we won the H2H with both you and SC and would have took the South by virtue of them tie-breaker rules.

By the way how in the fuck is that backing in anyhow, it's it because y'all backed out?:laugh3:

Hey that's on your sucky ass team, losing 4 straight games, 2 of them at home, not on my Bruins. And the same goes for the prior year, we locked up the South title before the regular season ended. That's not backing in at all brother, that is getting it done before all other *eligible teams and once again your suck ass team losing 4 straight again with 2 at home. If backing in is y'all backing out then hell I guess when we beat your ass on Saturday, we'll be backing in once again.:lol:

Okay, now I'm just picking at you, but you were kinda of asking for it. :whistle:

No hard feeling brother!:suds:

*2011 USC 7-2 (10-2) Not Eligible for Cheating violations :lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it a few years back but can't relocate it for the life of me.

I thought in that situation the home team had a huge advantage.

I know this year in the 2 weather delays I saw, Virginia beat BYU and BYU returned the favor vs Texas. Both home teams won in games most people didn't figure they would.

Oregon had a weather delay @ Knoxville a few years back.

The Ducks were in a battle. They came back and Oregon ended up handing Tennessee their worse home loss in program history.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining, crying & whining :lol:

Dude that's you!

And it's because your all jelly over dem Ducks! :laugh3:

I kinda needed to point out how you were in deep with the 'kettle calling the pot black' thing by looking at the schedule for comparison purposes. Never said one word about it before then. Oh and if you don't think those PAC schedule facts are relevant to your win/loss record then you're even more in the 'pot meets kettle' denial realm pretending it's a non factor to this years OR last years record. Y'all missed Oregon this year and Stanford last year, pretty fortunate if you ask me, not complain you see just stating some facts. Yes we missed Oregon last year but it didn't matter as we locked up the South title before the regular season ended. Taking a loss to Oregon wouldn't have changed anything for us because we won the H2H with both you and SC and would have took the South by virtue of them tie-breaker rules.

By the way how in the fuck is that backing in anyhow, it's it because y'all backed out?

Hey that's on your sucky ass team, losing 4 straight games, 2 of them at home, not on my Bruins. And the same goes for the prior year, we locked up the South title before the regular season ended. That's not backing in at all brother, that is getting it done before all other *eligible teams and once again your suck ass team losing 4 straight again with 2 at home. If backing in is y'all backing out then hell I guess when we beat your ass on Saturday, we'll be backing in once again.:lol:

Okay, now I'm just picking at you, but you were kinda of asking for it. :whistle:

No hard feeling brother!:suds:

*2011 USC 7-2 (10-2) Not Eligible for Cheating violations :lol:
:10:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon had a weather delay @ Knoxville a few years back.

The Ducks were in a battle. They came back and Oregon ended up handing Tennessee their worse home loss in program history.

lol I remember that game. I was in the game thread at cbs and a Tennessee tSEC homer said while they were winning, 'welcome to the SEC Oregon! It's this way every week bitches'.

Near the end of the game I threw it back in his face hard. Couldn't help myself. :laugh3:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I remember that game. I was in the game thread at cbs and a Tennessee tSEC homer said while they were winning, 'welcome to the SEC Oregon! It's this way every week bitches'.

Near the end of the game I threw it back in his face hard. Couldn't help myself. :laugh3:
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.