• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd piece of info, make of it what you will
In game 11 of 2007 Oregon lost to UCLA in the last game Oregon was shut out.
In game 11 of 2009 Oregon held on to win by 3 at Arizona in 3 OT.
In week 11 of 2010 Oregon held on to win at Cal by 2.
In game 11 of 2011 Oregon lost to USC by 3 in OT.
In game 11 of 2012 Oregon lost to Stanford by 3.
In week 11 of 2013 Oregon lost to Stanford by 6.
This is game 11 at Arizona this week.

Ugh,,, why do you hate my heart. Now I'm going to be extra nervous

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford was the Ducks week 11 this year. Pseudo week 11.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so, Yeo deep breaths in the bag man, everything is fine....

Nice stat work by Oly though....

He is the ultimate long time suffering Duck fan.... Only thing is he is living like this team is the 2002-2004 Ducks and not the current era of Ducks.

Cant blame him... I guess.

I think he and I are close in age, he may have me by 5 years or so.... But I have been a fan since early 80s. SO I have suffered just as much as he. I just dont allow myself to be as pessimistic.

Yeo only had Oregon winning by 6 over Utah @ Autzen...... In a bounce back game. :rollseyes:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2011 USC was not OT
2012 Stanford was.
My bad

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace, I'd pretty much bet almost anything that your boys are going to win this coming game. I still can't let it go by without going for a full week avi bet. I'm sure I am going to lose, but just like the Oregon game against Mamba I don't back down from an uphill climb. I'm sure you are in right? I mean you are a beaver not a chicken.
:suds:

Over a 1 week avi bet? But then again this statement was meant to attract my FULL attention now wasn't it Whizzer?

OF COURSE and avi bet is in play for this weeks UWUB vs. OSU game...

SAME RULES:

-1 week
-winners choice of avi for the losah within the PAC confines
-bet is over Sat morning before 12 p.m. PST

TAILGATE AND POSTGAME MENU...

Cheese and a case of Red Whine
:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the ultimate long time suffering Duck fan.... Only thing is he is living like this team is the 2002-2004 Ducks and not the current era of Ducks.

Cant blame him... I guess.

I think he and I are close in age, he may have me by 5 years or so.... But I have been a fan since early 80s. SO I have suffered just as much as he. I just dont allow myself to be as pessimistic.

Yeo only had Oregon winning by 6 over Utah @ Autzen...... In a bounce back game. :rollseyes:

Well sometimes long time fans have a hard time buying into the hype, and I'm the same way, though he was 100% correct on some of the things tweeted yesterday on players thoughts about the Rose Bowl, that isn't very good on the players end, I think these kids in the PAC12 need to know the history of that bowl just a little more....

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all. Need to vent for a minute.

I now see what long time duck fans go through. I have witnessed on some of the Stanford boards people calling for coach Shaw to step down, or at least give up some of his offensive control over losses to Utah and USC. For fuck sake, the team may miss a BCS bowl, but they still have a chance to finish 10-2. Do they forget that the same year the Huskies went 0-12 the Cardinal went 1-11? The team has risen incredibly fast from the Teevens and Harris era. To top that off, I cannot remember the last time Stanford had 4 straight 10 win seasons. I mean, for fuck sake, 6 years ago most of them would have been jumping for joy if you told them your team will be between 8-4 and 11-1 for the foreseeable future. Now they are freaking out over 2 losses? I am a 4th generation alum and lifelong fan. The highlight of my life, as a fan, so far, was getting to take my dad to the Rose Bowl last year. He missed all his chances due to having kids and moving around the country for work. I do not see Stanford dropping below 8-4 or 10-2 anytime in the next 4-5 years. That would give them 10 straight winning seasons. That has not been all that common in recent history for my boys on the farm.

Is fan memory really this myopic in all fan bases. If we had the last 10 years of the ducks I could see it a bit more, but this year, :noidea:? Yes the defensive efforts have been wasted often this season but calling Shaw a predictable and boring coach? FUCK YOU PEOPLE.

/rant. Sorry but I cannot say these things on Stanford boards in quite the same manner.

Oh and all of you picking Stanford to cover 30+ against CAL WTF? I just do not see it. Shaw will call off the dogs if he is up by that much to save steam for ND.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all. Need to vent for a minute.

I now see what long time duck fans go through. I have witnessed on some of the Stanford boards people calling for coach Shaw to step down, or at least give up some of his offensive control over losses to Utah and USC. For fuck sake, the team may miss a BCS bowl, but they still have a chance to finish 10-2. Do they forget that the same year the Huskies went 0-12 the Cardinal went 1-11? The team has risen incredibly fast from the Teevens and Harris era. To top that off, I cannot remember the last time Stanford had 4 straight 10 win seasons. I mean, for fuck sake, 6 years ago most of them would have been jumping for joy if you told them your team will be between 8-4 and 11-1 for the foreseeable future. Now they are freaking out over 2 losses? I am a 4th generation alum and lifelong fan. The highlight of my life, as a fan, so far, was getting to take my dad to the Rose Bowl last year. He missed all his chances due to having kids and moving around the country for work. I do not see Stanford dropping below 8-4 or 10-2 anytime in the next 4-5 years. That would give them 10 straight winning seasons. That has not been all that common in recent history for my boys on the farm.

Is fan memory really this myopic in all fan bases. If we had the last 10 years of the ducks I could see it a bit more, but this year, :noidea:? Yes the defensive efforts have been wasted often this season but calling Shaw a predictable and boring coach? FUCK YOU PEOPLE.

/rant. Sorry but I cannot say these things on Stanford boards in quite the same manner.

Oh and all of you picking Stanford to cover 30+ against CAL WTF? I just do not see it. Shaw will call off the dogs if he is up by that much to save steam for ND.

Good stuff Buddah.. It's an "instant gratification world" with most in the USA sports world wanting "high scoring results" or somehow they will ALL FEEL CHEATED in some way.

Have you seen Cal play against good PAC Ds?Stanford should roll with their second tier D guys even after the 1st team squad takes a game blow after halftime.

The Farm 42 Cal 10

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In class bout to get hammo haha call da bitches ova to da crib. They know where da parties at.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mamba? I have a real challenge for you and your statistical magic wand if you are up for it. It's a tough sob tho. I need your commitment before divulging it.

Don't be scared.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Aboard!!!

4 star Alabama commit OL Viane Talamaivao has flipped to USC today.

And Cal's top recruit of it's class so far, DB Jaleel Wadood de-committed today and appears he will choose USC instead.

:becky:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7uGEPgoXk]The Twilight Zone Intro - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.