• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. We would have danced in the streets for a 7 win season.

I remember freaking out when thee Ducks made it to the Independence and Freedom Bowl.

Also remember thinking we were the shit when they went to the Vegas, Sun, Holiday Bowls progressing in each season.

Then the Fiesta happened qith a #2 finish and it was a reality that Oregon had arrived.

Then some more lean years... :lol:

Now, its all gravy on the taters.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before you say anything mcnabb, I get why you would be willing to sacrifice potential wins at this point to get Miles more experience I just disagree. If Price can go he should be given the ball. Every win is important to recruiting particularly and for that reason alone you can't make those sacrifices for this season without having an impact on this recruiting class.

Wasn't gonna say a word Wiz...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 1st time in PAC 8/ 10/ 12 HISTORY....

after 12 weeks of football we have 5 ranked teams. :yahoo:

Oregon
Stanford
ASU
UCLA
USC

:yahoo:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what is everyone's take on the game this coming week between the Utes and Cougs?

As a UW fan I'm all on board for the pirate to bring it and get their 6th win. Not just to get them bowl eligible, but also to take some heat off the apple cup.

Not sure how many of you realize this, but WSU has only been to 10 bowls in the history of their program...

Let that sink in a second.

10 bowls.

120 years.

TEN

Their last RB win? 1916 (their only RB win)
Half of their bowl games came under coach Mike Price. Outside of his fairly brief career at WSU they have managed only 5 bowls over the other 100+ years of playing football. :L

How can you not want to pull for an underdog like that? WSU hasn't been to a bowl in a decade.

Besides wouldn't it be fun to watch the coug fans (few as they may be up here) squirm over having to be excited for a bowl game with a coach they hate? I mean what's not to love there right?

So what say you: Utah or WSU in this game?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS sports is reporting that Leach just got an extention on his contract through 2018...

Wazzy is gonna shit....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what is everyone's take on the game this coming week between the Utes and Cougs?

As a UW fan I'm all on board for the pirate to bring it and get their 6th win. Not just to get them bowl eligible, but also to take some heat off the apple cup.

Not sure how many of you realize this, but WSU has only been to 10 bowls in the history of their program...

Let that sink in a second.

10 bowls.

120 years.

TEN

Their last RB win? 1916 (their only RB win)
Half of their bowl games came under coach Mike Price. Outside of his fairly brief career at WSU they have managed only 5 bowls over the other 100+ years of playing football. :L

How can you not want to pull for an underdog like that? WSU hasn't been to a bowl in a decade.

Besides wouldn't it be fun to watch the coug fans (few as they may be up here) squirm over having to be excited for a bowl game with a coach they hate? I mean what's not to love there right?

So what say you: Utah or WSU in this game?

I'm picking the better team. Utah. They arent bowl eligible yet either and they really are more talented, so they have the motivation and the talent. They have to win out to be bowl eligible.

How can you not want to pull for an underdog like that?
Because it's the Cougs!!! :noidea:

Utes 31
Wazzu 30

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan for over 30 years who went through the worst of times, I'm slightly pissed at this

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weeks picks get posted? I know we were waiting for a game to get a line.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about what we expect from duck players though isn't it? I mean the arrogance without having earned it while the teams that have earned it aren't that arrogant? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weeks picks get posted? I know we were waiting for a game to get a line.

I don't know where Mamba is getting his numbers, but right now there are no lines on UW/Oregon State on any of the big boards and WSU/Utah is WSU -1 on BM and 5 dimes. If we are in a hurry to get numbers up I'd say just use whatever line he had on the UW game and go with WSU -.5 (pick em) :noidea:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow.

Theres no shame at all playing in a Rose Bowl. However, get there first. You're backing in atm but the season aint over.

If you get there, keep your tears to yourself. Dumbasses.

@ Huff and Dat...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the Rose Bowl? I think I see a solution...get stuffed again like you did at Stanford.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the Rose Bowl? I think I see a solution...get stuffed again like you did at Stanford.

You can spam that till the thread gets archived and I'll rep you everytime! :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking the better team. Utah. They arent bowl eligible yet either and they really are more talented, so they have the motivation and the talent. They have to win out to be bowl eligible.

Because it's the Cougs!!! :noidea:

Utes 31
Wazzu 30

ok, if you want a selfish reason to want to pull for WSU consider how much more they are going to want that apple cup than normal if a bowl berth is on the line? I'm not saying they won't want to kick our asses anyway, but they will be playing with total abandon and desperation if they don't beat Utah.

Is your hatred for WSU so large that you would rather add more risk of losing the AC just to root against them this week? :whistle:

Frankly I've never hated WSU. They aren't now, and never have been, our true rivals because they have almost never been good. Oregon has been our true rival since they started improving. SC was our most hated team in the 80's and 90's as they were the only team that opposed us during our run. WSU is the team you want to beat in the AC so you have something over them for the next year, but many old dawgs don't hate them. I have family and friends who were cougs. It's always fun to pick on them, but I don't feel the need to root against them outside of the AC. Well that and having to be in a better bowl on those few years when they actually reach one.
:suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.