• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd you do?

Did Oregon play UDud? Won the Decade

:laugh3:

Footballs older than a decade. I know you ducks don't like to acknowledge your history prior to the BCS era, but it does exist.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"When you have an athlete of his caliber, there's the tendency for defenses to be wary of the run. If he can burn them downfield consistently, he's going to be a nightmare to game-plan for."

...and he can burn you downfield. He's a passer first, if theres nothing out there he's a threat to take it all the way!

That's what they say about a young Mr Myles, and I'm sure with my comments some would question my loyalty to Price, its not about that, its about making sure this team ends the season on a high note and that will carry over to next year, its that's simple. Can Myles lead this team and win out? I don't know, but its a gamble I'm willing to take for the simple fact Myles can feel some pressure games now instead of next year.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guarantee this guy is same type that says history doesn't matter when talking about the Seahawks:laugh3:.

I've never been a huge pro fan of any sport. So your guarantee amounts to less than jack shit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Price probably out I'd bet my mortgage on Oregon State to cover easily.

Those who are overly enamored with Miles are missing why Price is the starter in the first place. I'm absolutely ready to say goodbye to Price, but he is in MUCH better shape to win against good teams than Miles is right now. Price can make all of the throws and even when he is sucking it is normally just not throwing it away when he should or not looking down field and taking the easy throw when pressured. He did have some fumblitis last year, but that hasn't been the case this season. Price is one of the better passers in the conference when he isn't rattled. PERIOD.

Miles has a lot of upside and if they open up the playbook to add the read zone for him he is a whole different weapon, but he does NOT have the down field passing and that's a huge loss over Price at this time. Miles will develop those routes over the spring/fall camps and cupcake OOC's next year, but he is not ready for this type of game yet.

Miles will end up creating turnovers that Price wouldn't. Bank on it. If Miles starts UW has no less than two turnovers in that game. Think a rookie can start his first game on the road and overcome the hole he will help dig?

Now if Price can go and he is able to throw down field that is a different story. They aren't even going to let him practice until Thursday so we will not know until game time probably which is going to start.

I warned you all about taking UW in last week's pick'em and this week is worse with Price out IMO.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before you say anything mcnabb, I get why you would be willing to sacrifice potential wins at this point to get Miles more experience I just disagree. If Price can go he should be given the ball. Every win is important to recruiting particularly and for that reason alone you can't make those sacrifices for this season without having an impact on this recruiting class.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who are overly enamored with Miles are missing why Price is the starter in the first place. I'm absolutely ready to say goodbye to Price, but he is in MUCH better shape to win against good teams than Miles is right now. Price can make all of the throws and even when he is sucking it is normally just not throwing it away when he should or not looking down field and taking the easy throw when pressured. He did have some fumblitis last year, but that hasn't been the case this season. Price is one of the better passers in the conference when he isn't rattled. PERIOD.

Miles has a lot of upside and if they open up the playbook to add the read zone for him he is a whole different weapon, but he does NOT have the down field passing and that's a huge loss over Price at this time. Miles will develop those routes over the spring/fall camps and cupcake OOC's next year, but he is not ready for this type of game yet.

I'm all for Price starting if he's healthy. Heck I think I've been one of his biggest supporters in his time at UW, at one point calling him the best QB in the pac. :L

He hasn't done anything to warrant being benched if he's healthy. I don't put the blame solely on him for our road woes. I look to coaching first and then the pass blocking.

I am excited about Miles though and if he does get more playing time due to Prices injuries, great. It will only help him next year. Unless of course he gets beat to hell by the beavos and breaks a leg...

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the newcomers have the only thing resembling ooc yearly rivalries? utah v utah st, utah v byu, and colo vs csu. got it.
You have to understand that IC rivalries still exist. Apple Cup Wash vs Wash St, Civil War game Oregon vs OR St, AZ vs ASU, etc. As far as OR St, they've scheduled tough ooc every year since coach Riley took over in '98. The last 2 years have been the only schedules to take on 1 cupcake. Nichols St was to be the opener last year as a warm up to Wisconsin the 2nd week. This year, Hawaii was to be the cupcake, even though they're an FBS (Beavs beat them), they're actually worse than the opener E Wash Univ (FCS) that OR St lost to. Even though schools and fans east of the Mississippi think the MWC non-AQ scools are weak, they're never easy and PAC schools often schedule Boise St, Fresno St, etc for ooc games. OR St has only beaten Boise St once. Oregon has not beaten them yet.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many OOC rivalries exist because of prior IC rivalries where one team left the conference. The Pac doesn't have many of those because it has been the most stable conference over the years.

I mean Stanford and UCS have rivalries with ND, but outside of that I don't think any of the others have any such. The Utah/byu/utah state have been off and on haven't they? And I don't think anyone really counts or pays attention to anything Colorado does. They are the anchor that allows us to have a conference championship game. Outside of beating Cal this year they really don't exist.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm in favor of letting the team with the best record host the CCG. Part of the reason to get one of those games was to add to the profile of the top team for inclusion in the national championship games. Let the team with the best chance of having a playoff berth host the game. The team who travels has a chance to really jump their already lower status by winning a game against a better team on the road. Both can make gains out of it.

It is something to play for all year. You know if you have a better record than the top team in the other division you get an extra home game and all the money and fanfare that comes with it.

I really see no problem with it. This idea of fair? :scratch: How is it fair the way the current IC schedule works anyway? Every other year you get 5 home and 4 away and vice versa while other teams you are being compared against have the opposite. One team gets Oregon at home while another has them on the road and yet both count the same for the division standings. There is no balance in the Pac schedules and never has been. How is this so much worse when there is a chance it can significantly help a team reach higher games in the post season?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preference would be to drop the two newbies and the stupid CCG

Barring that, keep it as is or as last preference play it at Vegas.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footballs older than a decade. I know you ducks don't like to acknowledge your history prior to the BCS era, but it does exist.

I remember in the 1980s, the Doormat Ducks sucked soo much, they were ready to pull the plug on football, and go basketball only school.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really see no problem with it.

My problem with it is what if the teams have the same record through the first two tie breakers? Then it goes to BCS standings. I don't like that.

What if they are ranked #2 and #3 in the country and the #2 team is ranked higher solely based on speculation?

I'm not in favor of the third tie breaker as it currently stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.