• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt the penalty declined because of the pick?

Yes, the only thing that might have been called different in Stanfords favor correctly was PI on USC for throwing the guy out of bounds that would have taken the interception away.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same could be said to USC fans. Both Oregon's offense and Defense are better than last years.

I didn't bring up last year. I pointed out that it's not last year. Your defense and offense may be improved, but you still lost Stanford, so apparently it didn't matter.

And USC is much better than last year too.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Sark another 2 years. Unless they shit the bed next season.

Give it time I say.

After 2 years and they arent a 10 win team.. Then maybe. Even 9 wins with a big road win as a dog, still would keep him.

Not like he is Kiffin or anything.

He is not Kiffin but that is the problem. He is too good to be fired, but not good enough to crack the top 10.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bring up last year. I pointed out that it's not last year. Your defense and offense may be improved, but you still lost Stanford, so apparently it didn't matter.

And USC is much better than last year too.

The difference between USC now and USC prior to the turnaround is that all the pretty mutant athletes that have spent most of their lives being told how fast and muscly and great they are finally got shit on enough that they picked up a bit of an edge.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first of Bevell's many WR screen passes, this time putting Lynch at WR and throwing it to him. At least he is changing it up...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The illegal touching call, which was bad, didn't matter because it was a legit pick.
Thought it was PI or illegal contact myself.

Obviously if they thought he went out of bounds voluntarily, they didn't see the push out of bounds which is either illegal contact beyond 5 yards or PI if the balls is in the air.

Either way, they call some that they shouldn't and they don't call others that they miss.

Not Neutral, as far as the refs 'giving' anyone the game those calls are just part of the game, so ....

conan_deal_with_it.gif

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would love to see Oregon beat the shit out of USC. The up tempo of Oregon would wear out the SC defense. Only 45 guys dressing. THey would be wore out vs Oregon. The Stanford grind the clock game is a great defensive match up for SC. Oregon... not so much.

THe Ducks put up 60 on them @ SC last year. And Barner ran for 325 because of SC's depth issues.

Didn't take long for you to run up the trash, Mamba. You should kiss USC's ass for bailing you out. Whatever you think, anything you do after this, you do only because USC bailed out your second place team. You're obviously brave and happy now that you will face UCLA or ASU, not USC. You owe them for that too.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was PI or illegal contact myself.

Obviously if they thought he went out of bounds voluntarily, they didn't see the push out of bounds which is either illegal contact beyond 5 yards or PI if the balls in the air.

Either way, they call some that they shouldn't and they don't call others that they miss.

As far as the refs 'giving' anyone the game those calls are just part of the game, so ....

conan_deal_with_it.gif

They could have called the shove and it wouldn't have bothered me too much, but they're allowed to jostle a bit as they come off the line. I don't have a problem with that not being called against USC.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres still a shot usc wins the south...I expect ucla to beat Arizona st at home...and the rival game vs Arizona well its a toss up really. should they get to play Oregon I think it would be similar game that Oregon had vs Stanford. Oregon is a different team when they have to throw the ball. they would limit running game. I like the chances of usc vs the Oregon passing game. but again a lot of ifs to play out in order to happen.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the opening lines has ASU as a favorite @UCLA

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine where ASU would be if they hadnt blown the ND game.

They really let the PAC down losing that game. I mean freaking Pitt beat ND.

You're really sharp today, Mamba. ASU might feel bad about that until they remember how you let the PAC12 down on two big national TV events in two games you should have won. Wouldn't have been that bad, just what was expected, if you hadn't run your mouth for months on how good you were. Then, too, imagine where the Ducks would be if they hadn't lost to Stanford this season.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Mannion is the next Dan Marino and I aint kiddin.... Or baked.
I see him more as the next Sean Canfield. Sit the bench for 3-4 yrs behind a top NFL QB like Canfield did, then get released for a new QB draft choice w/o ever getting to play in a real game. Just practice squads for length of NFL career.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ultimately if both won out, Oregon and ASU both have one conference loss.

However ASU lost to an unranked team in non conference. Thus, giving Oregon a justifiable higher ranking.

If both had one conference loss your argument would be a legit one imo. It would be pre season ranking that ultimately gave Oregon the higher end of season ranking and home field.

That's right. Nicholls State, Virginia and Tennessee. Definitely deserves a higher ranking than SAC State, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Especially when you schedule all your OOC games at home. The answer is yes, we would have beaten ND at home.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Unfortunately, the only way we would get to find out would be if ASU loses their last 2 games and we win our last 2. Not out of the question, but unlikely because I see ASU splitting their last 2 at worst.

My point is that if our offense is controlling the game via the run and short passing game and our defense gets some 3 and outs, we're not looking at facing 90 plays from Oregon's offense, it would be closer to 70 which means a more rested USC defense.

I think that USC would have to slow the game with our offense, build a lead and then hang on for dear life because, as we saw vs. Stanford, that offense WILL get going eventually, it's just a matter of how much time they have left when they do.

If we do lose our last two, as has happened the last two years, be damn sure you win your last two. Near worth it to see the Ducks sweat some more, ungrateful as they are.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right. Nicholls State, Virginia and Tennessee. Definitely deserves a higher ranking than SAC State, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Especially when you schedule all your OOC games at home. The answer is yes, we would have beaten ND at home.
Preseason rankings also have sooo much bearing on final rankings. Oregon started in the top 3, while ASU started ranked 23rd or so. Oregon only had to win against weaker competition than ASU to stay at the top. ASU, starting at the bottom of the top 25 had to not only win games, but hope all the teams above them lose enough games to allow ASU to climb in the rankings. So in a CCG tie-breaker, going to a BsCS ranking to determine the venue isn't fair. Saying after 2 other tie-breakers, that the 3rd giving it to ASU is rewarding the "Weaker team", is pompous and arrogant.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a moot point since ASU's offensive line shit the bed at jerry world

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to ASU on their win last night. I wavered on whether to go to the game, with expectations of OR St losing. I decided to go anyway just because it's the only game I can see them live instead of on tv or the lame gametracker. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Beavs trying to run the ball. They had mixed success but at least ASU's D had to respect the threat of a run and it gave Mannion another second or 2 in the pocket. Mannion threw the ball high most of the game and overthrew his recievers by 10-15 yds on the INTs. I'd see it as it happened, thinking he was just throwing right to the ASU defender with NO OR St player within 10 yds of the ASU player. Then I'd see from a different camera angle behind Mannion that he simply overthrew the OR St reciever so high, it was intercepted 10-15 yds upfield in the open by ASU. Another 4 INTs, but he's still far behind his INT record of last year. :L I can only hope the Beavs can pull it together in the UW game and then pull a surprise, miracle upset in the Civil War game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long for you to run up the trash, Mamba. You should kiss USC's ass for bailing you out. Whatever you think, anything you do after this, you do only because USC bailed out your second place team. You're obviously brave and happy now that you will face UCLA or ASU, not USC. You owe them for that too.
Not to be picking at cha brother, but look who's talking? :laugh3:

If ya wanna talk about getting bailed out then y'all should kiss the schedulers ass or whoever, for escaping a regular season date with the Ducks. :lol:

Just look at the difference between the two South teams in conference road schedules with clear paths to the title!

UCLA's road schedule - 9-1 Oregon, 8-2 Standford, 8-3 USC, 6-4 Arizona and 4-6 Utah. 35-16

ASU's road schedule - 8-2 Stanford, 8-2 UCLA, 5-5 WSU and 4-6 Utah. 25-15

So who did ASU play that UCLA didn't?

5-5 WSU AT HOME!

So not only does ASU get an extra in conference AT HOME, they elude the team with the best record in the conference all together and instead play .500 Wazzu at home!

Believe me, I'll trade ya your scheduled home 5-5 WSU for our scheduled away 9-1 Oregon any day of the week.

Odds are, that puts your Sun Devils at 5-2 (7-3 overall) and my Bruins at 6-1 (9-1 overall).

And you're talking shit to mamba:lol:

Oh and the irony of it all will be IF we beat some Devils azz next week, you guys will be looking that same Trojan gift horse in the mouth in two weeks. :laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.