• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, they do. There is a certain culture here. Not bragging as it isnt for everyone but it has made Oregon competitive.

It is referred to as the Oregon Duck way.

Win the Day... ----> Not for everyone. It entails more than just those three words.

Yeh but usually the kids understand the Oregon way before committing, these kids now a days, no loyality...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh but usually the kids understand the Oregon way before committing, these kids now a days, no loyality...

Ya, I suppose that is one way to look at it. It doesnt bother me. He hasnt signed anything.

That is why I dont make a big deal out of anything til the ink is dry on LOI day.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I suppose that is one way to look at it. It doesnt bother me. He hasnt signed anything.

That is why I dont make a big deal out of anything til the ink is dry on LOI day.

No your exactly right, when they sign there name it should be official, just the whole " I commit " thing seems to be change too, "well this is where I might attend school at"...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker only committed recently and while his flip makes you scratch your head, these things happen to every program out there. These are kids we are talking about. They don't know what they want and they change their minds. Surprise.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No your exactly right, when they sign there name it should be official, just the whole " I commit " thing seems to be change too, "well this is where I might attend school at"...

Wasn't there a kid that committed to one of the big schools during the all america game and then flipped like a couple of days later? I mean if you go on national TV and pick a school and then change a couple of days later it says how fluid this process is.

I'm actually glad they have a chance to really think about things before they sign on the bottom line so they have a chance to change their minds before it's too late.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this though, a trip to the SB for the Seahawks and Baker saying he is leaning UW would make for one pretty damned fine weekend in football. Wouldn't you agree Mamba. :lol:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this though, a trip to the SB for the Seahawks and Baker saying he is leaning UW would make for one pretty damned fine weekend in football. Wouldn't you agree Mamba. :lol:

donald-duck-suicide-jpg.10875

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting on anything till LOI for anyone who commits to UW. And even then, you now have to wait a month or two to completely take the class for what it is, because some are changing their minds and flipping after LOI.

And for Baker, we won't know till LOI because UCLA was totally in the mix for him with Mora's Bellevue H.S. connections and Myles Jack heavily involved. Mora is recruiting lights out right now and putting together another stellar class.

But still, I'm wonder exactly what triggered this, but it might have to do with the changes with the Ducks defensive coaching crew and how it impacts what type of position related promises they were making to him.

But if it's his intention to stay in the PACNW and closer to home, then BOOM!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And appears the Derek Mason to Vandy is happening. Per Joe Schad - Stanford already saying if this is a done deal, expect linebackers coach Lance Anderson to take over DC duties immediately.

At least this offers an easy transition, and can't see it impacting the Stanford recruit class right now. They got a really nice class shaping up again.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sf234, good plan to stay away from the politics board. I've never posted there and really can't read any of the threads there. Religion and politics are always bad topics to discuss because the passions are far deeper than reasoning for both. If you dare to make a point on any topic you get labeled and painted with some broad brush and judged on it forever more. Politics is the one topic sure to draw out stupid comments, trolling, and flaming threads far more than sports.

I love discussing politics/current issues with friends, but over the internet I've realized it is pointless. People you know well are willing to change their opinion if they realize it is based on incorrect foundations. Online? Not so much. You could throw mountains of statistics and evidence at someone online and I've realized it does little to prove your point in their eyes.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw this and found out he decommitted from Oregon.

Guess those facilities were not good enough.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus it is 10:21 AM on Saturday morning right now and my post at 9PM last night was the last one on the thread?

Boy it really has hit dead season.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* JC WR Eric Lauderdale whose final two is ASU and Oregon just tweeted that he's canceling his visit to Oregon next week. He's currently on a visit at ASU. It sounds like he's not going to make an official announcement until next weekend but if he comes to ASU he'd almost certainly start next to Strong right away.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love discussing politics/current issues with friends, but over the internet I've realized it is pointless. People you know well are willing to change their opinion if they realize it is based on incorrect foundations. Online? Not so much. You could throw mountains of statistics and evidence at someone online and I've realized it does little to prove your point in their eyes.

I've had success in smaller groups online, but it took YEARS before they changed their minds. Time had to prove what I would say right, and that was the only way.

Even then, some will never change their minds. Those few hate me with a passion.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA defensive coordinator Lou Spanos has been hired as the linebackers coach for the Tennessee Titans, the NFL team announced.

That's a late hour hit to UCLA. But not sure it will impact their recruit class at this point, but could.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* JC WR Eric Lauderdale whose final two is ASU and Oregon just tweeted that he's canceling his visit to Oregon next week. He's currently on a visit at ASU. It sounds like he's not going to make an official announcement until next weekend but if he comes to ASU he'd almost certainly start next to Strong right away.

One of the best JUCO WRs available. He would be able to start at ASU fairly quickly. Sark was persuing him early last fall, but of course stopped once USC started talking to him behind the scenes.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UCLA defensive coordinator Lou Spanos has been hired as the linebackers coach for the Tennessee Titans, the NFL team announced.

That's a late hour hit to UCLA. But not sure it will impact their recruit class at this point, but could.

It sounds like it won't have much effect, but who knows? The rumors are that they will promote linebackers coach Jeff Ulbrich to DC and the kids love him. I like Ulbrich but there is a big leap from LB coach to DC. He also does such a great job recruiting and teaching I'm worried it will decline with his promotion. They are said to have a good in house replacement but we'll see.

I would like to see them go after Wade Phillips. The guy is a great mind and really knows the 3-4. Probably can't recruit but it's not like Spanos was active in recruiting. The only issue is that it sends a message to the staff that there isn't as much room for promotion.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had success in smaller groups online, but it took YEARS before they changed their minds. Time had to prove what I would say right, and that was the only way.

Even then, some will never change their minds. Those few hate me with a passion.

So that reinforces that this isn't the ideal medium for hashing out politics. If it takes years and years to reach only a few people it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.