• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am back in the world. I just want to apologize for the loss my team gave the conference. The D played their a*^!@s off, but the O looked anemic. I cannot say whether I am more pissed at the play calls in the second half or the execution of the play calls. Still love my team, and am very proud of them. If I get the job I just applied for at Stanford, I will become unbearable next year. Here is to watching the recruiting for the team. Oh and U of A nice get yesterday.

You have nothing to apologize for. Nothing. Stanford played their asses off and all we learned in that game was that your team didn't have any reasonable TE's. If Ertz was still there you win that game running away.

Lick your wounds and get ready for next year man. Enjoy the off season.

:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer to see Stanford lose that one, but it wasn't like it was some blowout asskicking. Stanford football is an elite program right now and been to back to back Rose Bowls and won 1. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. By all means, keep making the Ducks cry like little girls when you play them. Always sweet music to watch the best team Uncle Phil's wallet can buy get owned by the nerds.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so the record is crystal clear, Woodard the UW AD said point blank they never offered Mora the position at UW, they interviewed him but it was never offered to him....

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am back in the world. I just want to apologize for the loss my team gave the conference. The D played their a*^!@s off, but the O looked anemic. I cannot say whether I am more pissed at the play calls in the second half or the execution of the play calls. Still love my team, and am very proud of them. If I get the job I just applied for at Stanford, I will become unbearable next year. Here is to watching the recruiting for the team. Oh and U of A nice get yesterday.

Shame on you, SUB. No apologies needed for this game. As they say, and its so true, its not how you win or lose, but how you played the game. Probably the best Rose Bowl game in the hundred years. Two great teams, and I mean great teams, who played great football. The O only looked bad, if at all, because the defense they faced was as good as their own. Best football game all year, no doubt. I love that kind of football, couldn't get better. The shame, if any at all, is that one of those teams had to lose. Its just what you would expect from two of the best coaches in the game.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Graham really wants to build something special at ASU and prove his doubters wrong but if Texas ever calls he's gone and you really can't blame him.

Damn right, he'll be gone. He's no fool and he's not the last coach ASU will ever have. And if Mora was offered, he'd of been out of here like his ass was on fire. Don't tell me about the loyalty of coaches. Money talks and when it talks at Texas and other elite schools, coaches listen even harder. Would you want one that was different?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so the record is crystal clear, Woodard the UW AD said point blank they never offered Mora the position at UW, they interviewed him but it was never offered to him....

Well that's kind of my point. You really can't believe anything they say and I mean anything. Hell Sark said he didn't even have an interview just two hours before it leaked out via social media that he was leaving.

They all do lie, but I really don't see anything wrong with it at all. This is the nature of the game at this level. Careers can hinge on even one extra recruit. They have to tell the kids they are recruiting that they are staying until they actually aren't and looking like you passed up on extra jobs helps make you look like the guy they must play for.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No apology needed --- LMAO at the little puppies and their jelly about the Ducks :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's kind of my point. You really can't believe anything they say and I mean anything. Hell Sark said he didn't even have an interview just two hours before it leaked out via social media that he was leaving.

They all do lie, but I really don't see anything wrong with it at all. This is the nature of the game at this level. Careers can hinge on even one extra recruit. They have to tell the kids they are recruiting that they are staying until they actually aren't and looking like you passed up on extra jobs helps make you look like the guy they must play for.

I don't think it's exactly "lies", it's "official" vs "unofficial".

Yeah, lies.

:lol:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey the big question is how was the game in person with you dad? It was a great game to be live at, that was a very good game.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!! Until a contract is signed, anything can happen. With the way recruiting is today, a coach can't afford to be honest about whether or not he is leaving.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/statuses/419157546306240512"]https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/statuses/419157546306240512[/ame]
So he was never actually offered the job. Why would he remove his consideration? Lots of things could be at play and many of them have nothing to do with how happy he is at UCLA. Texas may come with a huge raise, but there is a reason they pay more. A LOT more expectation. One of the key reasons Mora didn't take the UW job was those expectations and the pressure he would have put on himself to lead his alma mater. Texas pressure makes that look like nothing. The LHN and the requirements of their coach to be available to the media is something I'm sure few coaching prospects are happy with. Add the increased issues dealing with boosters there and there are lots of reasons to say no to what many consider the very top coaching job in football.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You are better than this man. Wallace? I expect this from him, but not you. I was CLEARLY talking about his announcement today. Didn't leave any room for misunderstanding there. Of course UW really came to him and I have no doubt if he yes he would be here now. I mean we will never know for sure. They might have had Petersen already going, but I doubt it.

I was pretty clear in saying when they come out to rule themselves out it often is just for show and included Petersen and USC in that as well didn't I?

:tsk:
Tisk tisk yourself brother.

seahawksfan writes ....

Congrats to UCLA for having one of the few coaches in college football left with any integrity. Mora turned down his home town Huskies and one of the most prestigious jobs in college football in UT.

Then you quote him and say your not sure if that's true.
I'm not sure that is true.
While you went on about the UT job for sure your message wasn't as clear as you think.

Look I'm just glad, for whatever the reason, Jim Mora is staying in Westwood however your first sentence engendered the question I poised to you.

I don't think it was out of line to ask you this because I found interest in your thinking and really didn't know your feelings on the matter.

Still rather unclear of a slight in asking you this though. :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't tell I was talking about the news of this week about Mora and his saying he was removing his name from contention to the UT job and not the UW job then I guess I overestimated your reading comprehension skills. I'll take note of that and make sure I give you the 'see spot run' version in the future.

I mean you did totally leave out any mention of UT in your response so I find it curious you only talk about his flirtation with UW and completely ignore the relevant discussion on this news now.

But since you seem to want to stay on the UW version because it makes you feel more special keep in mind it has been said by the university that Mora was not actually offered the job here. They did interview him and I'm sure he was high up their list given his ties to the school, but none of us will ever know whether or not it was a sort of bad interview and Mora saw the handwriting on the wall and preemptively removed his name before he was passed up or not. We can only speculate.

That is my overall point. If any of you pay any attention at all to what either side say in these matters you are naive. I don't buy a thing they say. Both sides say what they need to protect their own recruiting interests. Period.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just hearsay, but Mora's best friend Hugh Millen said Jim passed up on the UW job because of the pressure of taking that position. He felt he would put himself under a tremendous amount of pressure because of not wanting to let his alma mater down. According to Hugh the backlash he got from Seattle fans while he was HC of the Seahawks made even walking around town difficult. He loves this city and has a lot of family and friends around here.

So there is no loyalty reasons for him to stay at UCLA over UW. His reasons, if you believe Hugh, make a lot of sense. He stayed at UCLA to avoid the pressure and potential for disappointing the city he loves. How does that translate to his flirtation with UT? It likely doesn't unless you want to say he would like to avoid the pressure there as well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who read this like 5 times trying to figure out what the fuck he is talking about?
I read it once, noticed it was jahii, and moved on. Didn't give it a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.