• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to UCLA for having one of the few coaches in college football left with any integrity. Mora turned down his home town Huskies and one of the most prestigious jobs in college football in UT.

I'm not sure that is true. I mean I'm not saying it is false, but you cannot say he stayed because of any integrity as they always come out and say they are withdrawing their name even if they were told upon leaving that they were not being considered as it makes it look like they have that.

Hell, Petersen said the same things at times when it wasn't likely he was in the running to begin with (such as USC job).

This way Mora can say to recruits that he was really being considered for the job at Texas and loved UCLA so much that he passed that up so why don't you come down and see what I stayed.

Again, maybe he did say no, but I've seen that statement too many times to pay any attention to it at all. The reason they do it now is to simmer down the recruits already on board or on the fence. It's all part of the college coaching game. It really means nothing.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that is true. I mean I'm not saying it is false, but you cannot say he stayed because of any integrity as they always come out and say they are withdrawing their name even if they were told upon leaving that they were not being considered as it makes it look like they have that.

Hell, Petersen said the same things at times when it wasn't likely he was in the running to begin with (such as USC job).

This way Mora can say to recruits that he was really being considered for the job at Texas and loved UCLA so much that he passed that up so why don't you come down and see what I stayed.

Again, maybe he did say no, but I've seen that statement too many times to pay any attention to it at all. The reason they do it now is to simmer down the recruits already on board or on the fence. It's all part of the college coaching game. It really means nothing.
Are you saying the UW HC gig wasn't Mora's if he told the brass there he was on board with a move to Seattle 100%? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an embarrassing weak for ASU athletics......... First we get blown out by some big 12 scrubb scrubbing tooth paste of da floor. Then we get killed by Romar and Uw in hoops.......... I have scene better days.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an embarrassing weak for ASU athletics......... First we get blown out by some big 12 scrubb scrubbing tooth paste of da floor. Then we get killed by Romar and Uw in hoops.......... I have scene better days.

Only five spelling errors?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Graham stayed at ASU and didnt take the UT job? :noidea:
And Graham's name was rumored? :noidea:

Mora's was plastered all over Sports Center this morning.

You should see a difference there kid, no offense to the ASU program or Graham. :nod:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Graham stayed at ASU and didnt take the UT job? :noidea:

I believe that Graham really wants to build something special at ASU and prove his doubters wrong but if Texas ever calls he's gone and you really can't blame him.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe DJ Calhoun can cheer you up?

1259168.jpg

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And someone here recently said Mora talks out of his ass.

While I'm not convinced that's untrue, as they say, actions speak loader than words. :cool2:

That was me referring to him talking out of his ass, and that was way before he took the UCLA job Mike, something he said a while back that I haven't forgotten and that is where I refer to him talking out of his ass...:suds:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am back in the world. I just want to apologize for the loss my team gave the conference. The D played their a*^!@s off, but the O looked anemic. I cannot say whether I am more pissed at the play calls in the second half or the execution of the play calls. Still love my team, and am very proud of them. If I get the job I just applied for at Stanford, I will become unbearable next year. Here is to watching the recruiting for the team. Oh and U of A nice get yesterday.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am back in the world. I just want to apologize for the loss my team gave the conference. The D played their a*^!@s off, but the O looked anemic. I cannot say whether I am more pissed at the play calls in the second half or the execution of the play calls. Still love my team, and am very proud of them. If I get the job I just applied for at Stanford, I will become unbearable next year. Here is to watching the recruiting for the team. Oh and U of A nice get yesterday.
Nice post nerd! :nerd:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When it comes to college sports I'm incredibly cynical, try not to ruin my moment Wiz.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd definitely be more pissed at the play calls... But don't apologize, you guys put Oregon in their place this year and we all thank you for that! Congratulations on a very good season.

:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Leinart nor Barkley left as redshirt sophomores. Both stayed for their last year of eligibility.

Brett, Marcus and Johnny all have 2 years of eligibility left.

The history you've listed doesn't quite fit.

I was referring to what happens to qb's who are projected 1st rounders without consideration to their class. A projected 1st rounder is a projected 1st rounder, whether he is a redshirt sophomore or a junior. Either way, it's 3 years of being coached by Division 1 coaches.

If Hundley stays, he will be picked apart by the NFL scouts and it will cost him money. About the only way that doesn't happen is if he wins the Heisman while leading UCLA to the National Championship.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bro :lol:

Unlike the UW opening earlier, I was really worried Jimbo Jr would take a real good look at the Texas opening and then all the noise this morning on SC was Jimmy was the hot fit to follow Mack.

Very happy now!

Told ya he wasn't going anywhere. I'm right about Hundley too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying the UW HC gig wasn't Mora's if he told the brass there he was on board with a move to Seattle 100%? :noidea:

Really? You are better than this man. Wallace? I expect this from him, but not you. I was CLEARLY talking about his announcement today. Didn't leave any room for misunderstanding there. Of course UW really came to him and I have no doubt if he yes he would be here now. I mean we will never know for sure. They might have had Petersen already going, but I doubt it.

I was pretty clear in saying when they come out to rule themselves out it often is just for show and included Petersen and USC in that as well didn't I?

:tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.