• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the PAC has become the grooming grounds for NFL head coaches.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tedford is going to be OC and Kiffin WR coach if the rumors are true and the deal is finalized. You know how these things go. Still thought it was funny that both Pac reject HC's might be headed to the same team and it is about as far away from us as possible.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin I see as a positions coach, I still wouldn't even give him an OC job at the NFL. MAYBE in college, but I wouldn't rest my offense on him in the NFL.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should stay if for not this reason alone...

Something these three should consider hard.

Vick, Maddox and Marinovich are not exactly the group of NFL QB's you want to be bunched in with, rather QB's more like these...

Moon, Fouts, Staubach, Bradshaw, Unitas, Marino..

All great college QB's who did pretty good in the NFL I'd say and of course none came out as redshirt sophomore's with two years of eligibility.

If we must learn from one thing, let it be history.

I do agree he should consider staying (and buying the crappy NCAA insurance). My comment was more directed to the statement that UCLA is the favorite to win the South AND "I believe Hundley will be NFL bound. " I think if he leaves early UCLA will be hard pressed to win the South next year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monster get for Rich Rod:

In a shocker during commit announcements at the under armour all-American game, 5-star CB Jalen Tabor has chose to commit to Arizona over Alabama. He also had offers from Florida and Florida St. This is one of the biggest upsets in recent recruiting history. Tabor, listed as the #4 CB recruit in the nation, has a chance to form an incredible tandem at cornerback with 4-star Arizona commit Cameron Denson. Tabor is also considered a special teams threat and could also end up in kick return duty at Arizona.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a shocker during commit announcements at the under armour all-American game, 5-star CB Jalen Tabor has chose to commit to Arizona over Alabama. He also had offers from Florida and Florida St. This is one of the biggest upsets in recent recruiting history. Tabor, listed as the #4 CB recruit in the nation, has a chance to form an incredible tandem at cornerback with 4-star Arizona commit Cameron Denson. Tabor is also considered a special teams threat and could also end up in kick return duty at Arizona.

Jalen Tabor looks like an immediate difference maker from what I saw today.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be Hundley is waiting to see if Mora will be there in 2014?

RT @McMurphyESPN: Texas very interested in UCLA's Jim Mora. UT & reps of Mora had conversations today sources told @AdamSchefter

Last edited by a moderator:

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mora stays in the PAC. The coference is just starting to get good as a whole. Times are changing. Just need CAL, Utah and Colorado to start picking up the pace.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mora stays in the PAC. The coference is just starting to get good as a whole. Times are changing. Just need CAL, Utah and Colorado to start picking up the pace.

Utah is actually a model cellar dweller. They went 3-0 again this year in OOC including a victory over a Bowl-winner Utah State. (Colorado also went 3-0 but even for a cellar dweller their OOC slate was pretty light).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for Mora if he goes and gets him some texas.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for Mora if he goes and gets him some texas.

If he does, it could be a massive coup for UW and a few other PAC schools for 2014 as more than a few of UCLA's commits will immediately reopen. USC's class is basically full. Zona and ASU classes are full as well. How RichRod plans to sign 29 commits to this class, you'd have to use tSEC oversigning math.

Cal, Oregon, and UW could make out like bandits on that situation if it happens. Adarius Pickett, Jaleel Wadood, Ainuu, Taua, Alex Van Dyke. Heavy UCLA leans like Damien Mama, Bryce Dixon, John Smith, Dwight Williams, Kammy Delp, Joe Mixon, Adoree Jackson. They're all west coast boys.

Eddie Vanderdoos will have to be put on a meltdown watch as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me! :lol:

Ain't no avoiding it I guess.

That happens to be the least 'cute' of all the primary Bruin logos IMO and it was our primary logo used in the 60's when I first became a fan. :yahoo:

Wasn't talking about the logo. I was razzing you about the 1st 10 win season since 2005!!

USC has had 2 of those while under NCAA sanctions!!:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 things happening this off-season for the Bruins. One good and one bad.

For the good: I don't think Mora is going anywhere. At least not this year. Mora just got himself and his assistants raises and got the facilities upgrade for UCLA fast tracked. I don't see him leaving for another college program. I say he leaves for the NFL in 3-5 years.

For the bad: I think Hundley is gone. From what I've heard and read, he's considered a 1st rounder. Even if he falls to the 2nd round, he's looking at $4-5 million guaranteed.

As for learning from history, Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley were both considered 1st rounders, stayed and cost themselves a lot of money. Barkley moreso than Leinart because he only dropped to #10, but it still cost him a lot of money because he would have been the #1 pick had he left early.

If Hundley doesn't come out, NFL scouts will spend all of next season nitpicking everything about his game and that will cost him money.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 things happening this off-season for the Bruins. One good and one bad.

For the good: I don't think Mora is going anywhere. At least not this year. Mora just got himself and his assistants raises and got the facilities upgrade for UCLA fast tracked. I don't see him leaving for another college program. I say he leaves for the NFL in 3-5 years.

For the bad: I think Hundley is gone. From what I've heard and read, he's considered a 1st rounder. Even if he falls to the 2nd round, he's looking at $4-5 million guaranteed.

As for learning from history, Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley were both considered 1st rounders, stayed and cost themselves a lot of money. Barkley moreso than Leinart because he only dropped to #10, but it still cost him a lot of money because he would have been the #1 pick had he left early.

If Hundley doesn't come out, NFL scouts will spend all of next season nitpicking everything about his game and that will cost him money.

Hundley could benefit greatly if Mora sticks around and he gets 1 more year of experience. Lots of athleticism and upside, but is he ready to start in the NFL? Hmmmmmmmm......

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley could benefit greatly if Mora sticks around and he gets 1 more year of experience. Lots of athleticism and upside, but is he ready to start in the NFL? Hmmmmmmmm......

He doesn't necessarily need to start right away, imo. I'm talking mainly about the money and what tends to happen when players (especially qb's) who are projected 1st rounders, decide to stay another season. They get nitpicked to death.

Example for Hundley: that athleticism that they love right now will turn into "Is he too dependent on his legs to make plays?" "Can he be a pocket passer?"

And God forbid he and/or the Bruins don't perform up to expectations. Then he'll really get crushed. Barkley didn't have a huge fall off in his senior year, but the wheels coming off of the rest of the team dropped him from the 1st round to what was it? The 3rd or 4th round? Suddenly there were questions about his size, his arm strength, etc.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year PAC-12 South two contenders, UCLA and ASU.

Don't sleep on Arizona! Monster recruiting class and their top WR is returning from injury. Lots of redshirt freshmen ready to step up as well. Maybe a year away from being scary good, but I think we'll be solid next year.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denson is going to play WR isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.