• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about who is better? Or who will be where in 1st polls?

Two different things.

Both.

Its not completely different, especially at the start of the year.

But MSU is better than OSU.

Auburn is not gonna open the polls 1 spot higher than Alabama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio St loses their bowl game, no way do they open @ #2 as well.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio St loses their bowl game, no way do they open @ #2 as well.

sheesh man... I dont know. I know bowl games are great props for going into the next season. BUt lets remember its OSU and MSU we are talking about with an 8th year starting QB in Brax coming back. Lots of talent coming back for OSU.

I am almost sure OSU will be higher than MSU at the start.

Based on an opinion of who I see as the 2014 pre season media darling. Not who I think will be better. Too early for me or anyone else to tell.

Its safe for me to say today... FSU, OSU, Auby, Bama, MSU are leading candidates for top 5. Order:noidea: outside of Winston and FSU I have no idea.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year PAC-12 South two contenders, UCLA and ASU.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid bowl season for tPAC. Impressive results for the most part. Conf keeps getting more competitive.

And now Chris Petersen joins the show in 2014. The coaching talent in this conf is like nothing I've ever seen in the PAC. Plus with the upgraded bowl schedule and tie-ins, the cred of the conf of champions just keeps getting better and better.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year PAC-12 South two contenders, UCLA and ASU.

I'd throw USC in there and UA could be a sleeper if Carey comes back. If Hundley comes back UCLA should be the clear favorite.

I think ASU will have a better offense but defense will be a massive struggle, especially to start the season. So many players are graduating on defense and they're going to be starting 3-4 freshman. The defense will have talent and the starting unit will on average be heavier and taller so they have that going for them. This year nobody was taller than 6'1''.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jeff Tedford landed his next job. Reports saying he's going to be the Tampa Bay Bucs new OC with Lovie Smith taking the HC job there this week. Good luck to Jeff since Smith is known to put max effort into the D, and barely any into the O, especially on draft day.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jeff Tedford landed his next job. Reports saying he's going to be the Tampa Bay Bucs new OC with Lovie Smith taking the HC job there this week. Good luck to Jeff since Smith is known to put max effort into the D, and barely any into the O, especially on draft day.

:clap:

Good for him.... Wish him success.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so cute!!:whistle:
You got me! :lol:

Ain't no avoiding it I guess.

That happens to be the least 'cute' of all the primary Bruin logos IMO and it was our primary logo used in the 60's when I first became a fan. :yahoo:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my sources tell me Ifo and DAT are gone. We will find out soon if my sources are legit.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that the consensus in Tempe is that ASU should finish 8 wins (9 best) (7 worst) due to the lack of experience 2014 holds. We do have some good recruits coming in as we just need to keep them solid until NSD! My prediction is we take 2nd in the South behind UCLA. I believe Hundley will be NFL bound.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that the consensus in Tempe is that ASU should finish 8 wins (9 best) (7 worst) due to the lack of experience 2014 holds. We do have some good recruits coming in as we just need to keep them solid until NSD! My prediction is we take 2nd in the South behind UCLA. I believe Hundley will be NFL bound.

Hundley accounted for 387 of UCLA's 452 yards against VT. I don't see how you have UCLA winning the south without him next season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underclassmen deadline set for January 15

Hundley accounted for 387 of UCLA's 452 yards against VT. I don't see how you have UCLA winning the south without him next season.
I think he should stay if for not this reason alone...

Marcus Mariota, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel and UCLA's Brett Hundley.

Since 1970 only three redshirt sophomore quarterbacks bypassed their remaining two years of college eligibility and went on to be first round picks: Mike Vick (2001), Tommy Maddox (1992) and Todd Marinovich (1991).

2014 NFL Draft: Underclassmen deadline set for January 15 - CBSSports.com
Something these three should consider hard.

Vick, Maddox and Marinovich are not exactly the group of NFL QB's you want to be bunched in with, rather QB's more like these...

Moon, Fouts, Staubach, Bradshaw, Unitas, Marino..

All great college QB's who did pretty good in the NFL I'd say and of course none came out as redshirt sophomore's with two years of eligibility.

If we must learn from one thing, let it be history.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should stay if for not this reason alone...

Something these three should consider hard.

Vick, Maddox and Marinovich are not exactly the group of NFL QB's you want to be bunched in with, rather QB's more like these...

Moon, Fouts, Staubach, Bradshaw, Unitas, Marino..

All great college QB's who did pretty good in the NFL I'd say and of course none came out as redshirt sophomore's with two years of eligibility.

If we must learn from one thing, let it be history.

If a team is willing to take him in the first round, and I think there are a few, he should go. I do think he would really benefit from another year though. It's a tough decision. If he wasn't playing on a team in ASU's division I'd like to see him stay one more year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game of football is changing at a rapid pace. New QB's are getting up to speed like never before. Wilson tearing it up in his first season. Kaepernick came on strong after only sitting for once season as a rookie. Luck going crazy. Hell, who here saw Nick fucking Foles threading the league? Yes, I know none of them were red shirts who went out as early as you are talking about, but back in the era even when Vick came out the game was different and it was generally accepted that most QB's were going to be backups for a while before being let loose as a starter.

OC's are getting much better at running plays that maximize where their players do best and aren't trying as much to get young QB's to do things they may not be ready to do. If any of those young QB's finds enough interest to be early round picks then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.