• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Stays!

There's rumors going around that Louisville could go after RichRod. What do you guys think of it? And if they did offer, do you think he stays, or gos?

He stays. Successful so far. Doing very well in recruiting and building a team. But he is the lowest paid of all the new PAC coaches, so if UL ponies up, who knows?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon RB deanthony Thomas to enter NFL draft

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Draft: Brett Hundley reportedly staying at UCLA

Told ya he wasn't going anywhere. I'm right about Hundley too.
USATSI_7644463.jpg

You were saying?

Brett Hundley reportedly staying at UCLA!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: So I batted .500!!
I took your word for the front end, never saw the post.

Glad both are staying! (If the reports are correct:lol:)

Now hopefully the Bruins can do some damage and cut into USC's stronghold here in the Southland. With both staying, it makes a great time to take advantage of that last year of reduced schollies you guys have coming.

It has been so lopsided for so long. :L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon RB deanthony Thomas to enter NFL draft

He would have been better off staying IMO. He is massively undersized (5'9 176) and does not have a ton of college production (Never rushed for more than 701 yards in a season)

De'Anthony Thomas had more to gain by staying another year at Oregon IMO.

If he could put on some weight, keep the speed, improve his overall production and stay healthy he could improve his stock. At this point I see him as around a 4th round pick. I just don't think anyone will spend a pick in the first 3 rounds on a 3rd down runningback.

I don't believe there is any successful NFL running backs remotely close to his weight. I'm not sure he can hold up in the NFL and scouts will probably think the same thing. You usually want your HB at around 200lbs, Thomas is quite a bit away from that mark.

If he can run routes and catch the football well he could make a pretty interesting Percy Harvin type hybrid WR/HB at the NFL level. Something to consider.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took your word for the front end, never saw the post.

Glad both are staying! (If the reports are correct:lol:)

Now hopefully the Bruins can do some damage and cut into USC's stronghold here in the Southland. With both staying, it makes a great time to take advantage of that last year of reduced schollies you guys have coming.

It has been so lopsided for so long. :L

Yeah, I still think Hundley is making a mistake because he's a projected 1st rounder, but him coming back and Mora staying definitely helps your program.

Personally, I don't see Mora leaving unless it's for the NFL. That's good because as long as he's there, it will keep the rivalry more competitive and more fun.

Now USC just needs Enfield to get our basketball program to be competitive. That was an ugly beatdown yesterday!!:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have been better off staying IMO. He is massively undersized (5'9 176) and does not have a ton of college production (Never rushed for more than 701 yards in a season)

De'Anthony Thomas had more to gain by staying another year at Oregon IMO.

If he could put on some weight, keep the speed, improve his overall production and stay healthy he could improve his stock. At this point I see him as around a 4th round pick. I just don't think anyone will spend a pick in the first 3 rounds on a 3rd down runningback.

I don't believe there is any successful NFL running backs remotely close to his weight. I'm not sure he can hold up in the NFL and scouts will probably think the same thing. You usually want your HB at around 200lbs, Thomas is quite a bit away from that mark.

If he can run routes and catch the football well he could make a pretty interesting Percy Harvin type hybrid WR/HB at the NFL level. Something to consider.

Yeah, I think the kid got some bad advice. He should have stayed at Oregon, put on some weight and maybe spend more time as a featured back. He's going to get crushed in the NFL. For his sake, I hope the Eagles draft him, at least then he'll go to a coach who knows him well.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For his sake, I hope the Eagles draft him, at least then he'll go to a coach who knows him well.

:gaah: Um no! We have the rushing champ as our starter, then there is a young man for the University of Washington as the great #2 back.. Besides we have a loud mouth short guy playing wide out already...

No seriously, not trying to start a famous ducks vs dawgs battle, but I'm wondering if this kinda of a push to get Thomas out the door at Oregon? He did tweet or made comments about bowl games that some fans weren't happy about????

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Ballers @ Oregon State are gone this year to the NFL draft....

DE Creighton, WR Brandin Cooks and some other guy I can't remember...:gaah::bawling:

Creighton and Cooks will be making plays on Sundays for sure.:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I still think Hundley is making a mistake because he's a projected 1st rounder, but him coming back and Mora staying definitely helps your program.

Personally, I don't see Mora leaving unless it's for the NFL. That's good because as long as he's there, it will keep the rivalry more competitive and more fun.

Now USC just needs Enfield to get our basketball program to be competitive. That was an ugly beatdown yesterday!!:L
I really think Hundley can use another year in college. He failed to improve as a pocket passer and missed some throws he made the year prior. I would think some of his trouble was due to the injuries we had with the OL and running game. So now he can work at becoming a true double threat, instead of a potential double threat.

Also, I'd probably agree with you 100% if this were his junior year. I was surprised Barkley played his Senior year however in Barkley's defense, he probably saw, like most of us, the best QB draft class since 2004 if not 1983! (Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden & Foles. Heck I'd like to add in Wilson & Cousins however those are both clear hindsight adds to the list)

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Hundley can use another year in college. He failed to improve as a pocket passer and missed some throws he made the year prior. I would think some of his trouble was due to the injuries we had with the OL and running game. So now he can work at becoming a true double threat, instead of a potential double threat.

Also, I'd probably agree with you 100% if this were his junior year. I was surprised Barkley played his Senior year however in Barkley's defense, he probably saw, like most of us, the best QB draft class since 2004 if not 1983! (Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden & Foles. Heck I'd like to add in Wilson & Cousins however those are both clear hindsight adds to the list)

Maybe, but he has a lot to learn when he gets there whether its this year or next. He's a projected first rounder so he's already impressed those he needs to, so he can't go up, only down and IF he can't hack it this year, why would be better next. Next year he can also compete with the Oregon QB for top billing and I don't see much for him there. I can't believe he plays for a former NFL coach who can't or won't put him on the best path for him which for me is obvious - take the money and run, a first rounder is very well off from the time he signs a contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that he can use another season of college and if he weren't considered a first rounder, I'd say he should definitely stay. But we see it periodically, especially with qb's, where a guy doesn't "strike while the iron's hot" and it ends up costing him money. NFL scouts are notorious for nitpicking guys and they end up dropping in the next draft.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree that he can use another season of college and if he weren't considered a first rounder, I'd say he should definitely stay. But we see it periodically, especially with qb's, where a guy doesn't "strike while the iron's hot" and it ends up costing him money. NFL scouts are notorious for nitpicking guys and they end up dropping in the next draft.

He said his draft report came back as a 2nd to 4th rounder with a small chance at first round. I think he has more potential to move up than down

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but he has a lot to learn when he gets there whether its this year or next. He's a projected first rounder so he's already impressed those he needs to, so he can't go up, only down and IF he can't hack it this year, why would be better next. Next year he can also compete with the Oregon QB for top billing and I don't see much for him there. I can't believe he plays for a former NFL coach who can't or won't put him on the best path for him which for me is obvious - take the money and run, a first rounder is very well off from the time he signs a contract.
Yes I understand the argument NN however there IS value in learning his craft at the college level.

His 'draft' position isn't the only thing at stake here. (I'll agree this happens to some Red Shirt Seniors though)

Hundley gains experience before putting his talents among the big boyz. The NFL ain't no joke and a long career pays more than a short one (Usually no matter where you're drafted)

Status
Not open for further replies.